Bad
Good

My son is a Junior in the CGS program although the program is good, socially my son did not do well with the main stream students especially on the basketball team. He was bullied by his team mates and called a racial slur and it seamed like the coach sided with the bullies and made him feel like he had an issue with him reporting the bullying.

Brien McMahon High School is very good. The faculty prepares students and gives them a good base for many walks of life. Yes you have a diverse student population as you have in town, but the students achieve at the next level, some in the Ivy league, some in trade school. I fully recommend the school and everything it offers the students and the community.

seeing the most recent review i'm very confused. i'm currently a junior at this school and i have to say this is a very good school. i cant imagine myself going to any other high school. I have to say that our school is very diverse and no matter who you are and what you like there is always someone to talk to. i love that we have a beautiful school and i actually think that our counselors are very helpful. we even have a school to career center. i take very hard classes and i think that my teachers are amazing. i know many people from other towns that join CGS just to be able to go to Mcmahon . . . we also have a great sports program with great lax teams and we have really great clubs like spanish club, Peace project, build on , and much more . . . . the only complaint i have is our strict administration . . . it sucks that we have to have a golden ticket in order to use the library, i hate having lunch at 10am and that we get detention for being late to lunch and other strict rules but otherwise than that i'm proud to be a Senator.

Brien McMahon should not be the school of choice for anyone with a choice. It is weak praise indeed to suggest a child will succeed Despite having attended Brien McMahon. The teachers are uncaring and uninspiring. They are unresponsive and uninterested i nteh kids. Administrators are bean counters more concerned with maintaining a prison lockdown environment than in fostering an environment for college preparation or educational success. My honors student has become depressed and completed turned off to learning due to a failed social experiment on the parent of her parents that led them to decide to remain in Norwalk and not flee to surrounding communities that actually get it. Brien McMahon is mediocre at best. Her siblings will attend private school in the fall. However, Norwalk taxes are very expensive to have to send one's children to private school in order to secure a decent education let alone a great one! We are involved parents and are more appalled each day. No college counseling. No thought beyond pushing kids through the hallways and out the door.

Brien mcmahon is the best high school iaround because you have staff that really cares like mrs. Waterhouse, miss. Benoit and mrs. Wood they really helped me and my son out all the way up into graduation. All three staff members deserve a huge raise and a plaque for job well done. Thank you

This school is Simply amazing. Classes are wonderful, and community is great. As a Senior, I am actually very glad about my decision to attend BMHS. My teachers prepared me for everything; college, and even life in general. This school is more or so a doorway to the real world. Sure, people may think it's 'Dirty' par say, but who are they to say? The obviously haven't been there in awhile. We have a lot of new teachers, and everything is simply very smooth. Guidance counselors are easy to a hold of via appointment, and are extremely helpful. I love this school, and dread the day of my graduation.

As a graduate from the class of 2007, i can honestly say that BMHS is a great school. The teachers prepare students for college and life. The teachers are always willing to help. Graduates from BMHS have gone onto great colleges and have found themselves fully prepared. There are also many extracurricular activities and sports to get involved with. The school also has many fun activities throughout the year, such as a talent show, fashion show, and a holiday fair. The school is like a community in which everybody gets along and is very close. BMHS is like a home away from home for many students. The school environment has also changed a lot. I highly recommend this school.

My wife, daughter, and I are all BMHS alumni. With my own personal experience, and the knowledge attained by speaking to many parents and students who have attended this school, Norwalk High School, and high schools in neighboring towns, I cannot say BMHS is a great high school. I can say, however, that it is a very good high school (inner-city, or otherwise). I have always maintained that if a child wants to learn, they will. My wife and I can both attest to that, as we both went on to establish ourselves in lucrative careers beyond high school. My daughter, now attending UConn, can also proclaim BMHS to have been a stepping stone to higher learning. Most of the many good friends and acquaintances we established at BMHS have also excelled in learning and gone on to very respectable careers. I would rate BMHS an 8 on a 1-10 scale.

Last modified Brien Mcmahon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.