Bad
Good

As a parent of a child attending Cranbury elementary school, I am thankful for all that the school has done for my son. The staff is nurturing and experienced. My son, who once baulked every morning in his prior school experiences, now looks forward to every school day. He loves all of the "specials" (gym, music, library and art) that are part of Cranbury's daily curriculum. The enrichment programs offer him additional time to be with his friends, while learning some valuable life lessons. The online reading and math supplemental programs he accesses at home reinforce what he is learning in school and I attribute to his success, as he is excelling in many subjects. He is friends with children from a diverse array of backgrounds, giving him a more worldly perspective within the settings of this quaint schoolhouse. The new administration (2015/2016) has been fantastic in implementing small improvements. They have put emphasis on teaching and upholding values that promote pride, respect, and tolerance. The active PTO has outfitted many classrooms and the library with state-of-the-art smart boards and brand new playground equipment. The caring environment at Cranbury elementary school is one that will no doubt leave a lasting positive impression on my child. Thank you Cranbury elementary school for creating a special place that invites my child in every day to learn and play. He is developing a love of learning. What else can a parent ask for?!

I feel fortunate that my children go to Cranbury... not that we have not had a few incidents but that is part of any school experience. What was important was how it was handled and how my children felt with the resolution which was great. The teachers are caring and the school scores have consistently improved over the course of the last 5 years to the point where we have the best scoring in all of Norwalk at any level! The PTO is VERY active and raises a lot of funds that help to fund enrichment programs and family events so that the children not only get exposed to new and exciting learning events but the Cranbury community is brought together at the events to really build a bond. Love the school, and staff! Great school for learning and building character.

We know of a few bad teachers here but so far my daughters have had good academic experience with both Preschool and Second Grade teachers. Unfortunately, what I find annoying in this school are the very snob parents. Moms, with few exceptions, act like "Real Housewives" but are far from afford being ones. Character Education is as important as CMT results and it is too sad to watch the kids believing that a shallow mentality is acceptable.

As the rating shows, Cranbury Elementary is the best school in all of Norwalk. Thank you to the teachers, staff, and PTO. Keep up the great work!!

When we moved to CT, we heard good things about Cranbury. I had two children at Cranbury for the worst year of their academic careers. The teachers were poor, the curriculum was well below what they were used to in prior schools in Illinois. In addition, the Principal lectured in long and bizzare morning diatribes. My sons teacher would quietly have the kids go outside to play until these lectures were finished. In addition, the kids are required to say a 'Pledge of Allegiance to Cranbury' every day in the morning and only allowed to say the 'United States Pledge of Allegiance' a couple of times during the year. Even though the school touts Character Counts' program, my children were profoundly bullied. My sons head was pushed in the toilet, he was excluded and isolated daily in a coordinated manner by these bullys. Despite much discussion with teachers and administration, the school was unwilling to address any of these issues. This was a very tramatic part of my son's life, and this is a terrible school. There are few teachers who are excellent, and for those teachers, I truly am grateful. But for the most part, sending your kids to this school is a mistake.

Cranbury is like a small town within the city of Norwalk. Cranbury Elementary has all the benefits of a small town school - caring teachers and principal, active parents and strong community, yet it has all the support and services of a city. We could not be happier!

The teachers are wonderful! Such pride in the school and the students. Very active PTO. A new playground is currently being built on the school grounds. We are so lucky to have such an impressive school in our neighborhood.

I love the administration, the teachers and the culture of the school. My 3 children have gone their and the two I have in high school are flourishing. My 5th grader is also doing very well...the environment is friendly, warm and exciting...I love it and so do (did)_ my children!!

Really good school and ofcourse my kid is lucky to get the best teacher also.I am really happy to be a part of Cranbury School.

Last modified Cranbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.