Posted May 01, 2014
I feel fortunate that my children go to Cranbury... not that we have not had a few incidents but that is part of any school experience. What was important was how it was handled and how my children felt with the resolution which was great. The teachers are caring and the school scores have consistently improved over the course of the last 5 years to the point where we have the best scoring in all of Norwalk at any level! The PTO is VERY active and raises a lot of funds that help to fund enrichment programs and family events so that the children not only get exposed to new and exciting learning events but the Cranbury community is brought together at the events to really build a bond. Love the school, and staff! Great school for learning and building character.

Cranbury Elementary School 3

Posted February 14, 2014
We know of a few bad teachers here but so far my daughters have had good academic experience with both Preschool and Second Grade teachers. Unfortunately, what I find annoying in this school are the very snob parents. Moms, with few exceptions, act like "Real Housewives" but are far from afford being ones. Character Education is as important as CMT results and it is too sad to watch the kids believing that a shallow mentality is acceptable.

Posted September 27, 2013
As the rating shows, Cranbury Elementary is the best school in all of Norwalk. Thank you to the teachers, staff, and PTO. Keep up the great work!!

Cranbury Elementary School 1

Posted June 15, 2013
When we moved to CT, we heard good things about Cranbury. I had two children at Cranbury for the worst year of their academic careers. The teachers were poor, the curriculum was well below what they were used to in prior schools in Illinois. In addition, the Principal lectured in long and bizzare morning diatribes. My sons teacher would quietly have the kids go outside to play until these lectures were finished. In addition, the kids are required to say a 'Pledge of Allegiance to Cranbury' every day in the morning and only allowed to say the 'United States Pledge of Allegiance' a couple of times during the year. Even though the school touts Character Counts' program, my children were profoundly bullied. My sons head was pushed in the toilet, he was excluded and isolated daily in a coordinated manner by these bullys. Despite much discussion with teachers and administration, the school was unwilling to address any of these issues. This was a very tramatic part of my son's life, and this is a terrible school. There are few teachers who are excellent, and for those teachers, I truly am grateful. But for the most part, sending your kids to this school is a mistake.

Posted November 02, 2011
Cranbury is like a small town within the city of Norwalk. Cranbury Elementary has all the benefits of a small town school - caring teachers and principal, active parents and strong community, yet it has all the support and services of a city. We could not be happier!

Posted October 12, 2010
CARING STAFF & ACTIVE PTO.

Posted September 23, 2010
The teachers are wonderful! Such pride in the school and the students. Very active PTO. A new playground is currently being built on the school grounds. We are so lucky to have such an impressive school in our neighborhood.

Cranbury Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
I love the administration, the teachers and the culture of the school. My 3 children have gone their and the two I have in high school are flourishing. My 5th grader is also doing very well...the environment is friendly, warm and exciting...I love it and so do (did)_ my children!!

Posted May 27, 2008
Really good school and ofcourse my kid is lucky to get the best teacher also.I am really happy to be a part of Cranbury School.

Cranbury Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2004
I love this school, the location is awsome. I joined the PTO so I could be more involved with the activities. I think we could use some more parent involvement, but each year we get new parents with the Kindergarteners. The teachers and the staff are wonderful and fair, the Principal is very caring and gets involved with the students and PTO. Each month we have an enrichment event for the whole school, I think this makes all the students feel proud of Cranbury. I do think the playground is a little small and the lunch break is very short. I'm excited to have my youngest start Cranbury soon. Right now I have a 3rd grader at Cranbury and she loves it.

Cranbury Elementary School
5 Knowalot Ln, Norwalk, CT  06851
Last modified Cranbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cranbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.