Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Norwalk HS suffers from a combination of bad-teaching and just plain bad students... i asked a teacher recently why Norwalk is rated 4/10 an her answer was "minority students"... i was offended & appaled that a teacher would blame minorities at NorwalkHS for the deplorable school rating. Teachers are just as bad as the students. Birds of a feather flock together, avoid Norwalk schools if you want your child to succeed. The good reviews on here are clearly written by treachers, Lol

I went to Norwalk High School and let me tell you I am glad I did. NHS is a place where students who want to succeed can. It offers an honors version of almost every core class, wonderful art (dark room etc) and music classes, and tons of AP classes with more every year(English,Spanish(language and literature), French, Physics, Biology, Chem, US history, Comparative Politics, Euro History, Art, and more). It offers programs to expand students horizons with trips to China(which I did and was one of the best experiences of my life, I still talk to both my home stay "Chinese friends" and those of my fellow NHS students after 3 years), Spain, Rome, France, as well as trips to the tropics for biology. I loved many of my teachers and still talk to them. Most importantly the diversity in this school prepares students for the world. You learn about people, not just how to write a good essay (although you learn that too). I'm glad I didn't go to a "better" high school. I learned everything I need to know about academics and people. I can prove it with the acceptance of colleges: UConn, Northeastern U, U of Washington-Seattle. Waitlist: Vassar and Whitman College. Don't overlook NHS.

Unfortunately, people continue to associate our school with drugs and violence. My brothers and sisters went to this school years ago, and I am graduating in 2009, and have personally not experienced any violence or drugs. People continue to judge our school based on what it looks like on the outside, a jail. So what if it looks like a jail. Yale looks like a highschool, and it's one of the best universities in the U.S. Norwalk High, while it has it's setbacks like all schools, is a great school. Student's have an array of courses to choose from, advanced placement courses that not even Staples offers. While Staples may be First in CT, Norwalk High carries tradition, along with a huge history that is everlasting in it's historic music department. This is a great school, and I am sad to see that it is constantly ridiculed.

I'm not sure what high school the last parent sent his/her kids to, but it's certainly not the Norwalk High School my son just graduated from! Out of a class of 380 students, over three-fourths of the class will be attending colleges which include Notre Dame, Northeastern, George Washington, Sarah Lawrence, Hofstra, Wellesley, UConn, and the list goes on and on. No school is perfect, but the acting principal has worked wonders the past three years with curriculum, school spirit,and actually jump-started a renovation project that was stalled. NHS is a good school,but as with any school, the student will only get out of it what they put into it!

Last modified Norwalk High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.