Norwalk, CT

Posted February 25, 2015
This school has done amazing things in the past few years. The principle keeps the kids in line and watches like a hawk. If she see's trouble she fixes it immediately. My son is now in his final year and he has excelled to high honors the past 2 quarters. The Staff from the lunch lady who, according to my son, "puts to many vegetable's on my plate" to the awesome Spanish teacher who answers even my emails in Spanish with English translation below. I would recommend this school staff and principle to all my friends and family. If you get involved instead of sitting at home writing BS reviews you would know this first hand.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
Ponus Ridge is an amazing place. I am so impressed by the academic and moral support found on Mrs. Sumpter's staff. I wish I could name all the staff who have meant so much to my son's academic development, but I'm afraid I would forget to mention someone who was instrumental in his growth. If any staff from Ponus is reading this, please accept my sincere, heartfelt gratitude for all you do for the children at Ponus.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2014
The principal runs it like it's her own private kingdom and has made WONDERFUL teachers and support staff so miserable that they quit.

Posted August 08, 2013
is not a good school horrible no discipline lot of bulling principal and assistant principal dont really do nothing and the only thing they seem to do is suspension but not at good clean and safe envirment at all i move jest to make sure my son dont go to this school any more is my personal experience and opinion.

Posted May 10, 2013
This is a great school. I feel more parents should get involved in guiding principle on what works and what will not. This year school participated in Robotics competition and I was suprised to see kids and teachers excitement during this event. All parent needs to make sure that in order to improve their kids future they need to make every effort to help teachers at Ponus.

Ponus Ridge Middle School 3

Posted May 08, 2013
there was the one time when i just kept getting bullied everyday and just for all different reasons . no one wanted me to have friends.. other than that the 8th graders seemed so happy and nice

Posted October 31, 2011
Horrible horrible horrible. The principal runs it like it's her own private kingdom and has made WONDERFUL teachers so miserable that they quit. The ONLY discipline they seem to use is suspension - there is no effort made to assist kids having problems. I filed a complaint with the CT Board of Education, who sided with me. My son's guidance counselor was practically comatose and since they move with the class, he had three years of her. I feel bad for the good teachers who endure this environment. The happiest day of my life was my son's graduation day in 2011.

Ponus Ridge Middle School 0

Posted July 10, 2009
After the first year, my overall opinion that the school is good but not great. The 6th grade orange team teachers were excellent and gave my child the challenges she needs to excel. However, the principal is clueless and seemed to lack control of the students from the first orientation we attended. My opinion has not changed from that first meeting. Drugs and alcohol have been known to be present on the grounds with little disciplinary action from the principal.

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted March 04, 2009

Ponus Ridge Middle School
21 Hunters Ln, Norwalk, CT  06850
Last modified Ponus Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponus Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top