Posted October 01, 2014
My son is a 3rd grader at Silvermine Elementry. At an early age he was observed to having a speech impediment and had a hard time reading. The special education teachers are awesome and l can't give enough praise to the reading teachers who work with him weekly on his reading.

Posted September 23, 2013
Silvermine Elementary school is an excellent school. I have had two children in the school and have been part of the Silvermine community for many years. The teachers are dedicated and creative. Our children have been in the dual language program learning in both Spanish and English since kindergarten. We are so glad that our children have had the opportunity to learn a second language from such an early age. The Silvermine school community celebrates the diversity of it's students teaching them about countries and cultures from around the world. Silvermine has wonderful gym, art and music teachers who enrich the lives of the students with their programs. As parents it has been easy to participate in and support our children's learning. We have been welcomed as volunteers and each year the teachers and principal have been very responsive to any communications that we have sent to them regarding our children. We are very happy with this school.

Posted September 06, 2013
Silvermine Elementary School is a great school and my daughter loves her teachers and classmates. She is thriving at this school and I'm so happy we made the choice to be in the dual language program. My daughter is learning both Spanish and English and is immersed in both languages daily. This is a wonderful way for her to become a bilingual speaker and reader. I'm so excited for her to have this opportunity to learn another language at such a young age. She is challenged academically and has learned so much already. I also appreciate the diversity that Silvermine has to offer and all the cultures my daughter is exposed to. She has learned about many different cultures during their monthly cultural studies and culminating activity at the end of the year. There are many family activities that we love to attend such as a Spooktacular, Skate night, Family Picnic, Family Fitness night and many other activities. Silvermine is also located in a beautiful setting with a gorgeous field and river in the back. We love Silvermine and look forward to all the wonderful learning and memories that this school has in store for us.

Posted September 05, 2013
We have had a fantastic experience in the Mano a Mano program at this school. My daughter looks forward to going to school every day. I am thrilled.

Posted September 05, 2013
The only school in Fairfield County to hold a dual language program grades K-5 English-Spanish. So happy with the teachers in the Mano a Mano program!

Posted August 29, 2011
Great and friendly administration. Great Teachers. Good homework which you will not see anywhere in other schools. We were hestitant initially when we moved here but are quiet happy with our kid's development. The school and the staff is amaizng!!

Posted May 23, 2011
I can not tell you how impressed I am with this school. When we first moved into the Silvermine neighborhood I was warned by parents that the school was not up to par and I should consider a private school. Being the people my husband and I are we needed to see for ourselves and sent our son to Kindergarten. We love it, HE LOVES IT!!! He is in the Mano a Mano program and amazes us everyday with his Spanish. Also, he can read all by himself in both languages. Everyone we know is impressed with what he has learned in 1 year. The teachers are caring and responded very quickly to any concern we have had. We will stay!

Posted October 12, 2010
I think Silvermine is a great school to send your kids to. The CMT scores are improving over the last few years. The treachers are dedicated toward bringing and making school standards one of the best one in the district.

Posted May 04, 2010
I've been an employee of Silvermine Elementary for almost 2 years and I just love working there. I get up every morning looking forward to start my day at work. Since day one my colleagues have been very nice and easy going. The best decision I ever made was to work at Silvermine.

Silvermine Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2009
The school is a great place to be. The teachers and the administration work hard to improve student's scores and expose them to the arts and other extracurricular activities. some people think that this school is just a bilingual school, but it has at least a dual language as well as a mainstream classroom in every grade.

Silvermine Elementary School
157 Perry Ave, Norwalk, CT  06850
Last modified Silvermine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Silvermine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top