Bad
Good

Teachers are very helpful, caring and willing to do what is needed to help students acheive their goals. Counclers are very hands on knowledgeable about students.

Develops character: Agree

The staff cares for the students I appreciate them calling if there is anything I need to do to help my child success in class.

The teachers have a genuine love for the children at this school. The staff wants to see the kids improve, learn, and grow. Budgets are always a battle every year, and we have had decreases in budgets yearly for as long as I can remember. We need more books! The more the kids read, the better they get at reading. Please vote for West Rocks, the money will help us with supplies we need to enrich our children.

I can't begin to explain to you the horror that I have to deal with in this school. My son has been doing horribly in school and it takes the teacher almost 2 months to inform me of this and that is after I ask them how he is doing in school. The amount of arrests and ISS and out of school suspensions that goes on in this school is ridiculous. My son has gotten beaten up a few times now and as far as getting him the help he needs....forget it, it's like pulling teeth. They give the help but it makes no difference, half the time they don't even know what a child needs help in, either that or they just think that they can let him fall through the cracks.

I am graduating West Rocks this year and moving onto Norwalk High. The school was good. I used to attend Ponus and coming to this school was a dream come true for me. The majority of the teachers are nice and willing to help out. A few are abit obnoxious and weird. But the majority are good people. The guidence counslers are always there to help and Dr.Moore keeps the place in check. One thing about the school is that it is very clique-ish.Once you walk into the lunchroom during 8th grade lunch you will see that the skaters sit with the skaters,the jocks sit with the jocks,the populars sit with the populars,the nerds sit with the nerds. It is just a way of life at WRMS and you will get used to the social chart like I did. Good school overall.

i love this school. the kind and caring staff is one of the great parts of west rocks. i have learned so many things this year and having an exciting time on the way! i recommend this school!

Our child spent one year at West Rocks and received High Honors will virtually no effort. Much of the staff is caring and kind, however there are so many problem students at the school that too much time is spent on discipline which is a distraction for other students. Fighting and suspensions are the norm. The A.T. Program was rewarding and had some great teachers, but it is not enough to make up for the lack of challenge in the other classes. If you are looking for an academically challenging, competitive environment for your child, you should look elsewhere.

We currently have 4 children at West Rocks Middle School. The staff is wonderful and caring. They go above and beyond to help each child achieve their full potential. The children are growing individualy and academically.

Last modified West Rocks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.