Posted September 12, 2014
Kelly really is not as bad as people make this school out to be. Most of the negative reviews are from parents and students who just gave up and wouldn't put the necessary effort into their own educations. Great administration, great facility, but poor parenting. You can't fault the school for that.

Kelly Middle School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
This last comment is not fair. You get out what you put in. That's true for every school and life itself. There are very caring, hard-working teachers and staff at this school.

Posted October 07, 2013
Best school ever! Very clean and has lot's of nice smart kids. Great activities after school.

Posted August 20, 2013
DESPITE negative reviews, and normal school flaws, this school is good. The teachers DO care. They DO care about these students. There are some kids with no respect, who bully, and swear, like other schools. This school is good. Mr. Peckrul is a good principal too.

Posted August 15, 2013
This school is horrible I went there for 6th and 7th grade. 6th grade was ok but when I got to 7th grade i wanted to get outta there quickly I was bullied all of 7th grade. My father was so irritated we finally had to move.

Posted August 14, 2013
This place is an absolute zoo. Special education is sketchy at best. Teachers are unprepared for PET's. Right hand NEVER knows what the left hand is doing. Teachers are demoralized and just don't care. If I had the $$ I'd move OR send the kids to private school. Run as fast as you can to another school district!!!

Posted December 16, 2011
This is the absolute worst school I've ever been involved with as a parent. I am raising my grandchildren and my oldest was always a grade A student- happy and bright and loved school. By the middle of 6th grade she began to give up. The administration is harsh, abusive and not very good at checking out their facts before they level accusations. the work she is doing this year for 8th grade is on a par with my 5th grader's work. The vice-principal has repeatedly abused my child and I keep getting told there's nothing I can do about it. They say they have no time to go through 74 camera's worth of video-so what are they there for? I don't have the money to move from this area and I dread that I have to send my 5th grader there next year. The best middle school in town has a 900 student waiting list and I can't afford the Catholic schools.

Posted June 18, 2011
This is a terrible school. My sister and I had always had straight A's; we were always the top of the class. That is until we went to Kelly. My sister had a noticable drop in her grades in her first year at Kelly, and she wasn't even there for the whole time ( we moved her from another school because we moved ). By the time she went to high school she had recieved several F's and she was never at the top of the class again. When I went to Kelly in the first trimester I recieved my first C. Then my first D's. The kids at this school are out of control and nobody bothers with them. More then half of them don't wear there uniforms and they are never punished which is ridiculus because everybody else spent at least $200 to get them. The teachers do not teach well and they don't help the students who clearly need it. The computers are so old that half of the time they don't work and they take 15 minutes to get started. The algebra books are broken beyond repair, most of them completely coverless, they have been around so long that they still refer to Russia as the USSR. Kelly Middle School has turned so many good children into uncontrollable delinquents.

Kelly Middle School 4

Posted January 29, 2010
I love this school. Although test scores are not exactly presentable, i still thought that we will succeed soon because we show effort and we work together as one.

Posted November 03, 2008
Best middle school that I could pick for my kids. Great teachers.....

Kelly Middle School
25 Mahan Dr, Norwich, CT  06360
Last modified Kelly Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top