No rating

John Trumbull Primary School

Public | PK-2 | 702 students

Posted October 12, 2010

I love John Trumbull because the teachers and the staff are FANTASTIC. They are there for our kids, even when our budget fails time and time again. They give their time, effort and their own money to make the children's school experience rewarding and fun

Posted October 12, 2010

John Trumbull is a warm, friendly, energetic place for children to learn. My son has done extremely well and is happy to go to school every day!

Posted October 12, 2010

John Trumbull is an AMAZING school! Everyone works to create a loving learning environment that teaches, cares for, and develops the young minds and hearts of our children! The teachers constantly go above and beyond!! My children LOVE school because of the wonderful people at John Trumbull!!

Posted April 19, 2010

I love JTPS because the teachers are amazing, the school is very well run and my children are happy and learning.

Posted February 28, 2009

I used to go to this school Kindergarten through second i loved it there everything was perfect great teachers and speech teachers i just loved it there

Posted February 6, 2009

I am very pleased with JTPS. My daughter is in Kindergarten and I am amazed at how much she has learned already. She loves the specials too, especially art and music. It is a huge school but well organized so the kids don't feel overwhelmed. The principal and assistant principal have been great with us as well.

Posted February 25, 2008

My son is attending Kindergarten at JTPS. I am very happy with the education he is receiving. The staff has been very helpful. The PTO is very involved and provides excellent support to the school.

Posted March 25, 2007

The jury is still for me on this school. My son's first grade teacher is great and very focused, great communication. I find that the teachers can make or break the school experience and we couldn't be happier with his current teacher. The adminstration is another matter. We have had problems with bullies. He only has one more year there and we are evaulating whether he should attend next year.

Posted November 30, 2006

I am very pleased with JTPS, My children attended 2 years of pre-k and are now in PT Kindergarten. We really like the teachers and appreciate how they will take the time to listen to any comments or suggestions we have. We are so happy to live in this great town and attend this wonderful school!

Posted October 19, 2005

We are very pleased with John Trumbull School. We were concerned that the age and numbers of children would make us feel we were in an 'institution'. We have found a supportive and caring environment. The staff has been enthusiastic and focused since day one. I understand the new administrative team is a big improvement. They have always been professional and friendly in my dealings with them.

Posted October 31, 2004

JTPS get two thumbs up. My son is in the extended day kindergarten program and couldn't be happier. I have had a positive experience with both teachers and faculty as they have been very As a full time working mom, I encourage everyone to be involved, JTPS has a lot to offer. Being involved, whether it be in the classroom, the library or a PTO memeber can be the difference between an okay experience and an excellent one.

Posted October 28, 2004

I think this school is excellent.

Posted August 23, 2004

My son went to this school. We had nothing but problems at this school. Had a teacher tell me how horrible my son behaved, I was mortified. At the end of the discussion I found out she had mistaken my son for another child. In March sent home an award for my son, right first name incorrect last name. (Very unprofessional teacher) Principal is just as bad. She does not get involved with the children. Only good teacher that we found in the school was Carrie DiProspero.

Posted May 25, 2004

I too have had nothing but problems. I am a foster parent and there is only 5 weeks left to school. Instead of pulling him out I am transporting him to and from school. The people in the office were very rude and not very helpful. The child needs summer school and this is a very big hassle to even let him go. He is already behind and I just want to get him all of the help that I can to prepare for next year. All they want to do is create problems, it not like Watertown pays for his education. I am very glad that he will be going to Bunkerhill School in Waterbury next year.

Posted May 3, 2004

I have been very pleased with how well JTPS has handeled my son's educational needs and stayed on top of them. I give them great credit all around and they kept [my son] feeling he was doing his best during all of the transitions. Thank you to Ms. Calo, and Mrs. DiProsprero for making a negative situation positive for him. I really see a big difference in his outlook to learning. You are truly the best Primary school in CT!

Posted April 23, 2004

My children were students at this school. I had nothing but problems from the faculity when they were there. There were teachers there that did not know how to control their class and failed to take responsiblity for it. The school is a clique. It is all about who you know. I was excited when they first built the school, because I thought it would be a great for Watertown. I am now disappointed! There needs to be significant changes there.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 13%N/A35%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

779 Buckingham St