PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted September 02, 2015
I am a former teacher and this "school" is terrible to say the least. I have worked at NAEYC accredited facilities before and I was looking forward to being back in the classroom. Much to my dismay Miss Penny is nothing but a bully who merely yells at the children and staff at her leisure (even the parents at times). It was nonstop gossip and a hostile work environment. Furthermore, they have little regard for the children. I was reprimanded on more than one occasion for "holding an infant too much" too much coddling. When I wasn't in the room the baby could be heard crying for a good portion of the day. Their "playground" in cracked asphalt that they let 1 and 2 year olds run around on that are just gaining control of their limbs. Let alone being able to roam safely on asphalt. To add insult to injury I checked all the first aid kits in the building - all were depleted of resources and when I brought it up it was shrugged off and never made into an important issue. So we have Miss Penny screaming, an infant screaming, 1 year olds running on asphalt, and no first aid kits to administer in case the unthinkable were to happen. Caveat emptor!!!!

Posted February 21, 2015
My daughter has been going to Penny's since she was an infant and has flourished! The teachers are wonderful and caring. The days are packed with art projects and different themed activities for the different age groupos. I would highly recommend Penny's for child care.

Posted June 27, 2013
Penny's Playground has earned accreditation from the National Association fot the Education of Young Children, the nation's leading organization of early childhood professionals. We're proud to have earned the mark of quality from NAEYC and to be recognized for our commitment to reaching the highest professional standards. More than 7,000 programs are currently accredited by NAEYC - approximately 8 percent of all preschools and other early childhood programs, Penny's Playground is a leader in a national effort in high-quality early education. To earn NAEYC Acreditation, a progrm must meet each of the ten NAEYC Early Childood Program Standards.

Posted June 05, 2013
I am a former employee of Penny's Playground and have worked at 2 other daycares since then. Please do not send your children to this daycare. They have an after-school program for children and if these children misbehave they are placed in baby cribs as a timeout. I would not want my 5 or 6 year old being placed in a crib for a timeout as this does not teach them anything. Children were labeled as being bad and the director clearly had her favorites. Numerous employees have left because of the director and her treatment of the teachers. The director would yell at staff in front of children and parents. This is highly unprofessional in any setting, let alone a daycare. If this kind of behavior is going on in front of the parents, imagine what is going on when the parents are not present.

Penny's Playground of Learning 4

Posted June 07, 2011
My sons attend Penny's Playground and have for the last three years. The only reason that we are leaving is because my children are school-age and we live in a different town. Its hard to find a place to care for the things that means the most to you - your children. The teachers are always cleaning and my kids come home with a TON of work that they have created. The teachers are caring and have individual relationships with the kids. Penny is strict, with both the kids and staff, but it provides structure and creates expectations. As a teacher, I want the people who are teaching my kids to have high expectations! My kids love Ms. Penny, Ms. S, and Mr. S - I wouldn't trust just anyone with my precious cargo.

Posted August 29, 2010
My son was at this place and I would not recommend it to anyone. He was injured several times with no explanations. He was labeled and called a BAD Boy. The director was never happy. Teachers were told not to even hug the children!

Posted July 12, 2010
AWFUL: I previously worked in this facility...i would not recommend this place for children the owner yells at the staff/teachers in front of the children. i feel that some of the expectations from the owner are unsafe for the children. and because there arent enough staff i feel that the children's safety is in jeopardy. thats why i left!

Posted May 14, 2009
My daughter has been going here for 3 months now and I am very happy with the people that work here. The clean all their toys twice a week and food is also in the fee of their watching. I get a note of what has she done through out the day. I rely on this to plan my evening, to keep on a schedule, which is very important to a child.

Penny's Playground of Learning

Posted May 22, 2008
This is the worst possible place on earth to send your child. It is a dark and unwelcoming place. the teachers are unfriendly and so are the owners. I wouldn't let penny's playground care for my pet, let alone my child. my child hated this place and cried everyday she had to go there!

Posted August 26, 2006
I spent a few hours in this school and was not impressed at all with the teachers or the facility. It is dark and musty smelling and the 'teachers' were less than friendly, to say the least! I would never send my child to this school!

Penny's Playground of Learning
19 Pine Street, Plainville, CT  06062
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.
Last modified Penny's Playground of Learning is a Private school that serves grades PK-3