Bad
Good

Linden Street School 1

Posted September 18, 2015
It is unfortunate, but Linden School Street is one of the worst public schools that I have come across. I was surprised because I find Plainville to be a lovely and pleasant town. I had to withdrawal my child from this school. The principal along with some of the other faculty members are unprofessional, strident, unpleasant and rude. I was shocked to see how they treat their students and the parents. The principal along with the psychologist are rude, and believe they know your child more than you do. I have observed many occasions that were absolutely ridiculous. I am surprised that more parents are not speaking up. Children are not allowed to run during recess, and are limited to a very small area to play. A child gets reprimanded for every little thing he or she does. The principle and other facility members question your beliefs, religion, etc.… The principle along with her facility members are out of control and are quick to threaten parents. I can write a book about the thousand problems in this school, that I personally seen and experienced. Matters got so bad that I had to contact my lawyer and the board of education. The best thing I did for my child and I was removing my child from this school. Since than my child has flourished and has been very successful both in school and out. Please, as a parent listen to your children when they talk about their day at school and don’t be afraid to stand up for your beliefs and morals. Avoid this school at all coast. There are other elementary schools in Plainville that function the way they should and treat people with respect.

Linden Street School 4

Posted March 10, 2015
Though I must say that i was dismayed to be moving to Plainville (and CT in general), I've found that Linden Street School is -for Connecticut - as good as it gets. While CT is truly lacking competitive school districts, Linden is a charming, caring elementary school that truly does foster a love of education in its "scholars" (as the students are called by their beloved principal, Ms. Eshoo.) It's an everyone-knows-everyone tiny town, and the school is representative of that in the best ways. Expect to be heavily involved as a parent, as there is a constant slew of family events and projects. The only complaint I have is of their pick-up and drop-off procedures- it's an ill-conceived logistical nightmare with hundreds of parents fighting to retrieve their children from a tiny parking area.

Posted July 21, 2014
Linden is a great school. My son is going into 1st grade and the teachers are great and the principal is awesome. The principal really cares about the students. So glad we moved to Plainville.

Posted April 17, 2014
My kids loved linden very much. We moved to Southington and do not like the way they run their school. Linden was the best. I'm considering purchasing a home in Plainville so kids can go back. I unfortunaly had to move where we were renting. All I could find was places in Southington , so I gave it a shot. Otherwise we would have continued linden. We miss you Linden. Love from, Donna De'Maio, Jessica and Madon Rogers.

Posted February 19, 2014
Linden St school is a great place - children are clearly made the focus and there is a real sense of community. Academics are very good and my children enjoy going to school!

Posted October 06, 2013
We moved to plainville just in time for my daughter to start 1st grade. We found that all of our previous concerns that were pushed aside in another town were true concerns. The staff at linden noticed she was struggling abd talked to us about it and offered many programs to help her. I am forever grateful that I moved here to such a great school when the last one just put all concerns aside. My daughter is now doing really well in school and I owe it all to linden.

Posted June 04, 2006
This school is excellent. We have fantastic teachers with excellent skills of positive teaching.

Linden Street School
69 Linden St, Plainville, CT  06062
Last modified Linden Street School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linden Street School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top