Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My sons teacher has exhibited extreme prejudice and bias in siding with the mother and has been openly hostile towards me without just cause.

Amount of homework: no rating

The school has not been at all forthcoming in providing any information about my son.

School refuses to communicate with father, has arbitrarily taken sides in child custody battle, and has been hostile and overreaching in their involvement.

Both my children have gone to valley view my son is still there. They are 8 years apart and most of the teachers are still there when my daughter started there in 1st grade. They noticed right off the bat from coming from chester,ct that my daughter was not up to speed with the other children and started working with her right away. She was held back in 1st grade but she definitely needed it. Now she is at vinal tech doing awesome A's and B's in all of her acedemics and doing great in her shop. My son who is a 1st grader there also has speech issues and learning disabilities. Which was brought to one of the teachers attention at a meeting I was having for my daughter in middle school. She reached out to me and got my son proper help even before he started kindergarten there! So I believe them to be very on top of their kids and get to know them since it's such a small school/ community.. I like it here in portland and the schools! My daughter might have stayed at portland high but vinal seems more her pace with being hands on. But I think she got the cofidense and drive from coming to portland schools! It all started with valley view they never gave up on her and I see that with my son also. Thanks for reading!

To be totally, completely honest, yes, this is a great school if you don't expect much. These teachers watched my child struggle, did not push my child, and got very little attention. I have found for my other children that the Middletown school systems are far better.

Tremendous school. The teachers have pushed my son and challanged him while not overlooking the needs of other students in his class. Reading and Math skills are developed utilizing fun and rewarding challenges which support postive feedback. I have to admit it is quite a bit more homework then I had to do but the challenges these children will face are also greater. I have especially been impressed with the way the whole school looks out for the student. This approach is supported by administration, faculty, and strong parent involvement.

Last modified Valley View School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2