Bad
Good

Valley View School 5

Posted February 11, 2016
Both my children have gone to valley view my son is still there. They are 8 years apart and most of the teachers are still there when my daughter started there in 1st grade. They noticed right off the bat from coming from chester,ct that my daughter was not up to speed with the other children and started working with her right away. She was held back in 1st grade but she definitely needed it. Now she is at vinal tech doing awesome A's and B's in all of her acedemics and doing great in her shop. My son who is a 1st grader there also has speech issues and learning disabilities. Which was brought to one of the teachers attention at a meeting I was having for my daughter in middle school. She reached out to me and got my son proper help even before he started kindergarten there! So I believe them to be very on top of their kids and get to know them since it's such a small school/ community.. I like it here in portland and the schools! My daughter might have stayed at portland high but vinal seems more her pace with being hands on. But I think she got the cofidense and drive from coming to portland schools! It all started with valley view they never gave up on her and I see that with my son also. Thanks for reading!

Valley View School 2

Posted March 06, 2011
To be totally, completely honest, yes, this is a great school if you don't expect much. These teachers watched my child struggle, did not push my child, and got very little attention. I have found for my other children that the Middletown school systems are far better.

Valley View School 5

Posted May 14, 2007
Tremendous school. The teachers have pushed my son and challanged him while not overlooking the needs of other students in his class. Reading and Math skills are developed utilizing fun and rewarding challenges which support postive feedback. I have to admit it is quite a bit more homework then I had to do but the challenges these children will face are also greater. I have especially been impressed with the way the whole school looks out for the student. This approach is supported by administration, faculty, and strong parent involvement.

Valley View School 4

Posted September 21, 2005
I have a daughter that went through, and a son still in Valley View. My kids do as well in school as they do because the teachers and staff at Valley View are so great. They genuinely care about each student and the quality of the education they pu into our children. I would highly recommend anyone to send their child to any Portland Public School.

Valley View School