Redding, CT

Redding Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2014
Coming from Stamford schools, we found RES (Redding Elementary School) to be terrible. This starts from the obnoxious notes written in imperative terms to the fact that in spite of kjnowing their legal obligations towards children with special needs, they move at their pace and don't seem to care about the legal requirements. Theyt also have a nurse on staff that loves to call DCF for baseless claims when a child has as much as a quarter inch scratch from playing with his sister (and they did this multiple times). Imagine when my child came home with rope burns around his neck when left with two other children unsupervised in the gym... We will be moving, this is a terrible school system and the Superintendent is a real piece of work whom endorses this type of conduct. Scores mean nothing when the experience as a whole is so terrible.

Redding Elementary School 5

Posted March 26, 2013
My daughter has diagnosed learning disabilities and I could not be happier with the support she is provided! I feel the staff genuinely cares about her and will do whatever it takes to help her achieve her best! My other daughter is a high academic achiever and has been continually challenged through gifted and enrichment classes! I can honestly say the very different needs of both my children have exceeded my expectations. In addition, the extra curricular music program which begins in 3 rd grade is far superior than many of our neighboring communities!

Redding Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
Although Redding Elementary has high ratings, we have found two issues since moving here this year: 1. There are no accesible after school programs. Nearly all surrounding towns (Bethel, Brookield, Danbury, Redding, Ridgefield, Wilton) offer an after school program through their YMCA or rec center. In Redding the after school enrollment is very limited and it appears that very few spaces come open each year. We were not able to get in the program. There are no other childcare options in this town for school age kids. The rec center does offer one hour classes and sports programs after school, but the schedule caters to either stay at home parents or nannies, not working parents. I wish we had known before we moved here. 2. This is the first year we have run into a teacher that my son does not thrive under. She doesn't seem to have patience for the age appropriate behaviors of the kids in her class. It has definitely curbed his enthusiasm for learning, so I am working at home to keep his curiosity alive. We are hoping for better next year and have really come to appreciate his prior teachers.

Redding Elementary School 5

Posted June 06, 2011
RES is absolutely one of the best elementary schools in CT, if not in the country!! The teachers and administrators constantly strive to make our children's education a fun, enlightening and well-rounded experience every day. They work closely with parents and the PTA to ensure consistency both in and out of school, and my children are always so happy to see the teacher's involved in after-school events and PTA activities like ArtFest and Big Science. The school system is the reason why we chose Redding, and we couldn't be happier!

Redding Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2011
This school is extremely wonderful in every way except for the Art department. The Art teachers are incredibly weak and at odds with each other. There is not even an Art show. This awesome staff deserves better. You will need to supplement with outside classes if your child is gifted in Art.

Posted September 18, 2009
I'm so impressed with all that they do for our kids and the community. The teachers and staff are wonderful. The parent community is wonderful. You just get a good feeling every time you walk into the building. You know your kids are in the best hands and you feel lucky to be a part of it.

Posted September 16, 2009
My kids love to go there -- that should tell all! They are so proud of 'their' school!

Posted September 16, 2009
Wonderful teachers and caring staff make sure my children get a first rate education.

Posted September 16, 2009
Let me count the reasons! The staff, from teachers to administrators to janitors, genuinely care about the children. As a parent, I am always welcome there. Although they strive for great academics, the goal is to help the children become kind and productive citizens of their community. Truly, one of the best Elementary schools ever.

Posted September 16, 2009
great town, great teachers, wonderful curriculum...kids who want to learn and involved parents!! I love RES!!

Redding Elementary School
33 Lonetown Rd, Redding, CT  06875
Last modified Redding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redding Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top