Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We moved here from Brooklyn in September 2015, and we could not be more pleased with Redding. Our daughter's kindergarten teacher has been warm and caring. The kids here get a lot in terms of enrichment--including Spanish--and the class sizes are small, which allows for individualized education and strong friendships. It is so nice to feel like the teachers at RES actually know and understand our particular child. They understand the value of play in learning, and they provide enough challenge to keep her excited and motivated, without overwhelming her with busy work. We also feel that the community has been very welcoming.

We moved here in 2012, one year before my oldest started Kindergarten. Coming from the Bronx, I knew I wanted smaller class sizes for my children. Not only did we get smaller class sizes, we also got amazing and caring teachers that go above and beyond for the kids. The school staff is warm and welcoming. The principal, Dr. Huber, is actively engaged with the school community. I also appreciate the light homework load in the younger grades and the emphasis on play in Kindergarten. Parents are always welcome in the building and are encouraged to have lunch with the kids in the cafeteria. For working parents, the extended day program goes until 6pm. Staff will bring your children to activities you've registered for (sports, etc) at the rec center, then bring them back to the school after. We have a very active and dedicated PTA, and recently won an Award of Excellence from the National PTA. For more, http://resctpta.org Disclosure: I am the VP, Communications for the RES PTA.

This is a fabulous school where every child is treated like an individual. My son is now in high school, but he received a great base at RES!

RES is an amazing school and community. We moved here 3 years ago from the Chicago suburbs. From the beginning we were highly impressed with the focus on individualized education and kindness. The academics are great, but the attitude and support in educating the whole child is beyond amazing. We are so glad that we moved to Redding and thrilled that our 3 daughters get to attend Redding Elementary. We love this community!

Coming from Stamford schools, we found RES (Redding Elementary School) to be terrible. This starts from the obnoxious notes written in imperative terms to the fact that in spite of kjnowing their legal obligations towards children with special needs, they move at their pace and don't seem to care about the legal requirements. Theyt also have a nurse on staff that loves to call DCF for baseless claims when a child has as much as a quarter inch scratch from playing with his sister (and they did this multiple times). Imagine when my child came home with rope burns around his neck when left with two other children unsupervised in the gym... We will be moving, this is a terrible school system and the Superintendent is a real piece of work whom endorses this type of conduct. Scores mean nothing when the experience as a whole is so terrible.

My daughter has diagnosed learning disabilities and I could not be happier with the support she is provided! I feel the staff genuinely cares about her and will do whatever it takes to help her achieve her best! My other daughter is a high academic achiever and has been continually challenged through gifted and enrichment classes! I can honestly say the very different needs of both my children have exceeded my expectations. In addition, the extra curricular music program which begins in 3 rd grade is far superior than many of our neighboring communities!

Although Redding Elementary has high ratings, we have found two issues since moving here this year: 1. There are no accesible after school programs. Nearly all surrounding towns (Bethel, Brookield, Danbury, Redding, Ridgefield, Wilton) offer an after school program through their YMCA or rec center. In Redding the after school enrollment is very limited and it appears that very few spaces come open each year. We were not able to get in the program. There are no other childcare options in this town for school age kids. The rec center does offer one hour classes and sports programs after school, but the schedule caters to either stay at home parents or nannies, not working parents. I wish we had known before we moved here. 2. This is the first year we have run into a teacher that my son does not thrive under. She doesn't seem to have patience for the age appropriate behaviors of the kids in her class. It has definitely curbed his enthusiasm for learning, so I am working at home to keep his curiosity alive. We are hoping for better next year and have really come to appreciate his prior teachers.

RES is absolutely one of the best elementary schools in CT, if not in the country!! The teachers and administrators constantly strive to make our children's education a fun, enlightening and well-rounded experience every day. They work closely with parents and the PTA to ensure consistency both in and out of school, and my children are always so happy to see the teacher's involved in after-school events and PTA activities like ArtFest and Big Science. The school system is the reason why we chose Redding, and we couldn't be happier!

This school is extremely wonderful in every way except for the Art department. The Art teachers are incredibly weak and at odds with each other. There is not even an Art show. This awesome staff deserves better. You will need to supplement with outside classes if your child is gifted in Art.

Redding Elementary is an excellent school. The teachers are very conscientious and friendly, and the parents are very invloved, by and large. My daughter is excited to go to school every day, and that really says it all.

Last modified Redding Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.