PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 11, 2015
The cafeteria staff at this school are AMAZING. Chefs I (yes, "I" is her name) and Paul are "all in" when it comes to nutrition, balanced eating, exploring world cuisines and even meatless Mondays. They source locally when possible, condiments are usually homemade, and for the adults, there are occasional opportunities for catering (which are highly desirable and go quickly!). The kids take part in cleaning up after themselves and learning to appreciate food and not waste. Great job guys!

Posted December 11, 2015
This is our second private school experience (the first one is no longer in business) and we searched high and low for just the right fit for our family. We are so glad we chose RA. For us, it means making a number of financial sacrifices and driving a bit further than a local public school. However, it is ALL worth it. My kid (middle school) looks forward to going to school each and every day. The cliques of public school are not even in focus here -- the educational activities, public service, and just being a "good human" are what counts. The respect shared among teachers, parents, students, janitors, cafeteria staff, grandparents, alumni -- all equal and important. The campus is beautiful, the academics are superior, the after-school activities are fun and challenging. Any issues are addressed promptly and thoroughly. A true sense of community and parents are expected to be involved and contribute. What's not to love?

Posted December 10, 2015
Brigid Flannery, thank you! Chris Nokan, thank you! Mrs Curry Mrs Chickering Mr lindstrom Mr Malani Mrs Khanna, Mrs Varian. Miss Maloney, Miss Mundy Mr palmieri Ms Munro Mrs Reid Mr Kaye Mrs Howell Mr Curry Ms Hruska Mr Nash Mrs Liebowitz Mrs Mcguire Mr Howarth Mr Hues Madame Touma And all faculty and staff at RA Thank you to the parents association

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
RA is the most honest, equal opportunity, integrity in action school that my children have attended. I know from experiencing other schools that had these virtues in the mission and spoke of them but the community and teachers did not "walk the walk. " RA is a community of true professionals and caring human beings that make a difference each and every day with their active role modeling. Gratitude for all RA does for my children--I wish all children had access to such a school experience.

Posted December 10, 2015
Ridgefield Academy helps ignite flames of passion and abilities unique to the individual person each child is. Each member of the faculty and staff is supportive of this. My children love going to school. They skip off the bus when they arrive home, excited to share what they experienced during the day at RA. Teachers take the time to share with me, the parent, when my child has a particular success during the day. The lower school teachers facilitate greeting the students and their peers in the morning with a good morning. Teaching children to greet one another. These are the small things that become part of a child into their adulthood. The teaching community knows each student by name. There are so many personal touches they give to our children & family. They truly help not only educate & challenge students with the curriculum, they also are a parenting village, nurturing self esteem along with education. My daughter told me that she's sad that she will have to go to another school after 8th grade. We are so grateful for the Ridgefield Academy community of elders (young and older!) as they represent true role models for our children. As a parent, I love knowing my children are growing and being nurtured at RA each day. I never felt this way at any other school ever.

Posted December 09, 2015
I have 3 children at the Ridgefield Academy Lower School and when they walk in every morning, they are greeted by name by every faculty and staff member that sees them. My children feel so welcomed and included in the RA Family. The academics are stellar and the addition of The Center for Innovative Learning and Director Basil Kolani has made the school truly an advanced and innovative learning experience in Fairfield County. Every teacher has been kind and caring while leading the children in a fun, creative and rigorous curriculum. And the farm to fork dining hall is an expected bonus- so many healthy and fresh options from local farmers.

Posted December 09, 2015
Caring teachers. Small classes. Excellent curriculum and instruction based on how each child learns. Amazing place!

Posted December 09, 2015
I am so grateful that my child has wonderful Kindergarten teachers! The time that they spend with him is priceless to us and he loves them dearly. He is learning and growing so much...I can't say thank you enough!

Posted December 09, 2015
I have 2 children that attend Ridgefield Academy. Every Day they are greeted at the door by faculty. My kids and I have noticed ALL of the kids, walk in with BIG smiles, and can't wait to start their day. The Faculty and Staff know all of the kids and families, they children are welcomed with much love. The children are challenged academically and learn from the moment they walk in the door. They are proud of their work and the work of their peers, as they show us parents as we walk through the beautiful hallways that are decorated with their amazing achievements. RA is a very special school, they take the time to learn about each child and their individual needs. Creating a safe, happy, WONDERFUL environment.

Posted December 09, 2015
I have found many great supportive and engaged teachers. Especially Howell for Spanish and Reid or History. Reid was his toughest most demanding teacher and he loved her. That says a lot for a teacher.

223 West Mountain Road, Ridgefield, CT  06877