Ridgefield, CT

Posted June 25, 2014
My child has spent 2 years at RES - great teachers and very well run programs!

Posted May 15, 2014
My son's kindergarten teacher was outstanding. Various lessons in auxilary tracks such as art, music, computer lab, gym were given to complement the classroom learning. Everybody was involved and caring. Security is tight and top notch.

Ridgebury Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
We love the school. This is our first year here. The principal is also relatively new. He is warm and friendly. As a result the school is a nice safe place for our children. They love it and tell me how nice the other students are. They are having a good year.

Posted February 06, 2012
The new principal is a real leader with great ideas. My kids really like the school - great teachers and good kids. In addition to great academics, the art and music programs are excellent as are the enrichment programs. PTA is very active and parents are very involved.

Posted June 05, 2010
Fantastic school. We moved here from another area in Fairfield County that also had excellent schools, and school quality was crucial consideration. Ridgebury has exceeded those already high standards we were accustomed to. Well deserving of the prestigious 9 out of 10 "GreatSchools" (sic) rating, our kids were warmly welcomed and are are loving learning at Ridgebury!

Posted February 15, 2010
I think ridgebury is a great school and now one should dought it because my kids love ridgebury and once you het used to it every one gets nicer and the cmt help and if your kid gets introuble that is there fault

Ridgebury Elementary School

Posted July 16, 2008
I left Ridgefield due to the overemphasis of this school on CMT testing and emphasis on rubrics, rubrics, rubrics. My daughter was very unhappy. Children at this school, in general, are unhappy. My daughter felt she was constantly yelled at by teachers, and she is a quiet type. My son also had a difficult time, even though he is a gifted student. Ridgefield's education is not as advertised or expected, and I did considerable research.

Ridgebury Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2007
It's the end the year and not much was accomplished by the new principal, too much focus on cmt testing and neglecting other academics. Too much focus on looking good for the parents, community in the prinicipal's 1st yr. Let's hope administration andthe community realizes their mistake to give a position to someone with no outside experience. I worry about the students education.

Ridgebury Elementary School 2

Posted March 26, 2007
I feel that the school has really suffered the loss of a fabulous Principal. I think that the new Principal lacks the leadership skills and enthusiasm needed to direct the school. Parent involvement is pretty low considering the large size of the school. The school needs more funding and enrichment programs. Most of the teachers only teach testing skills but this is due to the constrictive 'No Child Left Behind' laws which are killing critical thinking skills in all our public schools.

Ridgebury Elementary School
112 Bennett's Farm Rd, Ridgefield, CT  06877
Last modified Ridgebury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgebury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top