Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ridgefield High school does provide fairness and honesty within its students by treating their students all the same and striving to achieve better educational skill sets for their students.

I graduated from Ridgefield High School around 7 years ago and the experience that had during my time there was wonderful. The faculty and staff members were such an important part of my experience there as they were so helpful and pushed me to become a better, smarter person.

Over 12 years ago we moved to Ridgefield because of the reputation of the schools. Our three kids attended elementary, middle and some high school here. We moved recently to another part of the country and have discoverers that the education in ridgefield schools are lacking in every subject but especially math. The reputation at our kids' current schools is that CT students aren't as competitive and CT education is not rigorous. From first hand experience I would agree. Our kids have to work so much harder to catch up. Another problem with Ridgefield schools is the lack of after school clubs and teams, both academic and sports. At our current schools there are a lot of opportunity in the middle schools to compete in science Olympiad, math teams, debate teams, social clubs, or school sports teams. These opportunities foster better relationships between the students and the students and teachers. Ridgefield has a terrible social environment and I believe this is one of the reasons. If I had to move to this area I would put my kids in private schools or look at Westchester NY schools. CT schools in general aren't very good. Glad we moved!

I am in 8th grade and my parents and I are planning to move in summer. It is an outstanding school with amazing test scores but the school troubles me. I am not gifted and have average grades. I have a's and b's and one c. I am worried that this school is going to be much difficult and i wouldn't get good grades in order to get into a good college

As a teacher, i have a unique insiders view of what this school is about. Yes, the test scores are amazing, and if your are a superstar, as many of our students are, you will do well here. If you are an average student, or a student with learning disabilities, then your experience is going to be completely different. Our faculty is encouraged to spend most of our time and curriculum to nurture the best and the brightest. You will not find this in any written policy, but it is the RHS school culture to nurture the gifted and let the other students sink or swim. I find this practice abhorrent, but we, as teachers, must play by the administrations rules. Students with LD are generally written off, and are most definaitely NOT encouraged by their counselors or other staff members. Again, if you are academically gifted, as most students here are, you are fine, but if you are not, be prepared to face some stiff competition will little to no support from the administration. There are some exceptions, of course, and there are some caring teachers who will go that extra mile, but believe me, that is the exception. So, great school for the gifted not so great for the average student

The school is stunning, with immaculate test scores and professionalism. The students are all eager, intellectual, and sophisticated. Very impressed with the scores, grades, colleges attended by graduates, and staff. Outstanding.

THe school has exceeded my expectations. We are new to ridgefield and my son is transitioning very well from his previous private school in Virginia. The staff is always available and willing to help every child succeed.

I graduated from Ridgefield High School this past year and have found that the staff were not only willing to give my peers and myself time outside of class to better acquaint myself with class material, but were also excellent when it came to relating to their students. Also, the new renovations done on the school have made it an excellent place to spend 6 or more hours of the day.

I find that many teachers are not willing to help, whether you ask or not. And I agree with the fact that the school works for superstars and kids in need of special help, but we, average students are ignored.

Last modified Ridgefield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.