Posted February 05, 2014
As a teacher, i have a unique insiders view of what this school is about. Yes, the test scores are amazing, and if your are a superstar, as many of our students are, you will do well here. If you are an average student, or a student with learning disabilities, then your experience is going to be completely different. Our faculty is encouraged to spend most of our time and curriculum to nurture the best and the brightest. You will not find this in any written policy, but it is the RHS school culture to nurture the gifted and let the other students sink or swim. I find this practice abhorrent, but we, as teachers, must play by the administrations rules. Students with LD are generally written off, and are most definaitely NOT encouraged by their counselors or other staff members. Again, if you are academically gifted, as most students here are, you are fine, but if you are not, be prepared to face some stiff competition will little to no support from the administration. There are some exceptions, of course, and there are some caring teachers who will go that extra mile, but believe me, that is the exception. So, great school for the gifted not so great for the average student

Posted May 23, 2013
The school is stunning, with immaculate test scores and professionalism. The students are all eager, intellectual, and sophisticated. Very impressed with the scores, grades, colleges attended by graduates, and staff. Outstanding.

Ridgefield High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
It gives students a purpose.

Posted November 14, 2008
THe school has exceeded my expectations. We are new to ridgefield and my son is transitioning very well from his previous private school in Virginia. The staff is always available and willing to help every child succeed.

Posted July 02, 2008
I graduated from Ridgefield High School this past year and have found that the staff were not only willing to give my peers and myself time outside of class to better acquaint myself with class material, but were also excellent when it came to relating to their students. Also, the new renovations done on the school have made it an excellent place to spend 6 or more hours of the day.

Posted February 04, 2008
I find that many teachers are not willing to help, whether you ask or not. And I agree with the fact that the school works for superstars and kids in need of special help, but we, average students are ignored.

Ridgefield High School 4

Posted May 17, 2007

Ridgefield High School 4

Posted June 08, 2006
- a former student
I went to RHS junior and senior year after moving from Arizona. What a hugh difference this made in my education! This town cares about education. The small class size and caring teachers helped me to stay focused on my future. I would recommend this town and its schools to anyone.

Posted June 08, 2006
I never get the feeling that, as a parent, I'm welcome in the school. Teachers do not want to deal with parents and even when my child was ill I couldn't get any help.

Posted May 12, 2006
- a former student

Ridgefield High School
700 North Salem Rd, Ridgefield, CT  06877
Last modified Ridgefield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgefield High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top