Shelton, CT

St Lawrence Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2013
This is our second year in the school and our biggest problem is communication. We constantly have to reach out to multiple people within the school to get simple answers. Things are not provided to parents in a timely fashion. Also, even at the younger ages you can see bullying. And it appears to be dealt by being brushed off. Children are encouraged to tell a teacher, which is great. But that can lead to further bullying. Plus the fact that after a bullying incident occurs parents aren't always notified. Overall though, we do love St. Lawrence. These 2 issues could be improved upon though.

Posted November 20, 2013
St. Lawrence is a phenomenal school that I recommend without reservation. I have sent 2 children through the school. The faculty is committed to an individualized education. The athletic programs are great. The students remain lifelong friends. St. Lawrence consistently sends students off who excel in High school and college. Simply the finest school a parent could hope for.

St Lawrence Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
The school is OK. I am an 8th grade student at St Lawrence and I know there has been issues with bullying the past few years. Most of the teachers are nice, but some teachers are good but some aren't. Some I heard dont really prepare you for High school level challenges. Like I said the school is ok, but it wouldn't be the school i'd pick first

Posted August 28, 2012
I am a former student at St. Lawrence and will be starting high school in the fall. I love St. Lawrence and I feel like it have me a great base for higher education. The teachers are very very nice and always willing to help. I took algebra last year and I was accepted into geometry in high school. The middle school teachers are all great, especially the math, history, and english teachers. I had a great experience at St. Lawrence and am grateful for the opportunity to have gone there. I made awesome friends that will be friends forever. I would 100% reccomend St. Lawrence to anyone.

St Lawrence Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2012
I was very excited about sending my child to St. Lawrence school for first grade. We've been enrolled for 3 years now and I can't wait to get them out of this school. Being Catholic, I expected students and adults alike to act accordingly based on our religion. I was sorely dissappointed. Third grade was the worst year yet. Bullying is rampant and left ignored- students are told to deal with it themselves. After attending for 3 years, we are still not accepted by either students or adults. Those who make the most contributions financially are recognized in all areas with preferential treatment. The music dept. is the pits and the sports dept. is nonexistent. There are alot of staffing cuts coming up and specials teachers teach 2 subjects each. The principal will not address issues regarding the student or school goings on. She does not answer e-mails and will not speak on the phone to parents.The curriculum is grossly outdated and is worksheet driven. Tuition rises substantially every year. I'm hoping to regain what has been lost over the years in public school in the Fall. I regret my original decision to enroll in this school.

Posted January 14, 2012
St. Lawrence School is absolutely a terrific place for children. The teachers make the difference but the families that are part of this community are second to none. It truly is one large family. The school itself is set apart by the faculty and their accreditations and true caring attitude for the students. The school also has a computer lab that every student gets to use that is state of the art, every classroom has a smartboard and they even introduce Spanish as a language subject beginning in K. They have a great "Buddy" program where the younger students are partnered up with older children at the school, it really works well for the younger children. For my kids, there is no better place for them to grow up than in this faith filled and academically challenging environment.

Posted January 13, 2012
We have had a GREAT experience. My daughters LOVE the school and their teachers! The love of learning and values they are learning will last a lifetime. The school starts teaching Spanish in Pre-K! LOVE it!!!

Posted January 13, 2012
Great school where the teachers are very dedicated. It offers strong academics combined with community service. The students learn time management skills which really prepares them for high school and beyone

Posted January 13, 2012
This is an excellent school. The middle school math teacher is outstanding, she goes above and beyond to prepare the students for high school. All of the academics are superior. The physical Ed has been improved over the past years and Spanish is taught in all the grades.There are smart boards in every class. Computers is taught to all grades.

Posted January 12, 2012
My child attends Ms. Harts, Prek-4 class, at St Lawrence School, and we are thrilled with the progress that we have seen in our child. Both of our children will be attending St. Lawrence School until the 9th grade and we consider it money well spent! Not the cheapest tuition but I am a firm believer in "You get what you pay for".

St Lawrence Elementary School
503 Shelton Avenue, Shelton, CT  06484
Last modified St Lawrence Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Lawrence Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top