Shelton, CT

Intermediate School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
Shelton Intermediate school needs to take serious action regarding "Bullying" I also agree that there needs to be cameras in this school, as my child was also bullied under their supervision. My child is traumatized by the experience at this school and received no support from the staff, principal or guidance. My child now has to be homeschooled because of being terrified to go back! Superintendent needs to look at what's happening at this school and make sure steps are taken to insure safety of our children and that they are in a safe school environment conducive to learning.

Posted December 22, 2009
My son is in the 8th grade now. I love SIS. He complains about the rigid structure, but I never hear about fights, bullies, or skipping class! The only complaint I have is that homework gets the same weight as a test score. My son, like most young teens, sometimes forgets or misplaces homework and then gets a 'zero' grade. All of his test scores are A's so this really hurts his average. My son is very motivated and gets up and makes his own breakfast and bag lunch and is out the door. He loves going to school. He has had academic opportunities like the science olympiad, Sikorsky club, Salmon club and others that I didn't have. And I went to an expensive private school. The staff are excellent and really care about 'their' kids. It is a beautiful facility- the rest of the town's buildings look like bomb shelters.

Posted September 15, 2009

Posted October 08, 2008
Ok I have 1 son here since 7th grade, now 8th; and this school is superb! Some people worry about the 'test scores,etc' Which is ridiculous, because these 'test scores' don't truly represent what a child/student can actually do! Example: some children have 'stage-fright,' some do great on all tests, others, may have other issues/things on their mind during the period of testing (personal/life issues..hey we've all been there!) While others just find it so incredibly stressful during these particular tests; thus may/may not score great!! With all of the above in mind; test scores, test scores, can obviously boil down to either a 'great day, bad, etc.'! What really matters..is that the entire staff here truly care about your child & their education!! These teachers work hard to make sure each student is well equipped to go on to their next stage, as well as give long lasting good memories/values!

Intermediate School 0

Posted June 12, 2008
Bad school. Sure, its clean and it was just built but the system is boogus! As a student there i feel like im in jail. The teachers dont even let you go to the bathroom! Also, we have to stay in one section of the school at all times and we never go outside unless its for a certain gym activity and its nice out. The teachers all say that they do this for our safety so that we would want to come to school because it would be a safe place but those are the specific reasons why most of us (students) dont want to go to school. If we atleast went outside during the day then maybe we would enjoy it more. Finally, the cluster system should be changed. I thought that middle school would give me more freedom but i dont even see half of my friends anymore!

Intermediate School 0

Posted February 07, 2008
I am a substitute teacher who works occasionally at SIS. I am a former teacher. I think that SIS is a wonderful, well run school. It their test results are not way up there, the demographics must be considered. I have found the kids to be great as well.

Intermediate School 4

Posted June 19, 2007

Posted December 22, 2006
Great school, great teachers, safe school.

Intermediate School
675 Constitution Blvd, Shelton, CT  06484
(203) 926-2000
Last modified Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top