Bad
Good

Posted November 24, 2008
Lafayette school is a diamond in the rough. After moving from Trumbull, CT, I must honestly say, Lafayette is so much better. The entire staff really cares about the children, and the children absolutely settled in nicely and love it. They are doing great!!! I am so upset that the school is closing down. I just do not understand it. Does anyone out there understand?

Posted September 22, 2008
The staff is wonderful, everyone really seems to care and work together for the children. the principal is enthusiastic, friendly and has an open door policy. It is a cute, old fashioned school and I am sorry it is going to be closed. I only hope the great work continues at a new location. I can feel the spirit of this school the minute I walk in.

Posted June 06, 2008
Lafayette was a shocking but happy surprise after moving and unaware of any of the Schools in Shelton. The Prinicipal was friendly as were the staff and teachers. My girls adjusted easily and just love the school. I would cant wait till 2008-2009 school year since we only spent 5 months here. But it was a very nice experience.

Posted January 24, 2005
Lafayette is a great school, the teachers and staff really care about the children & their individual needs, my son has made an amazing turn around in his academic's since moving to Shelton 5 years ago from Bridgeport. He has had some behavioral problems and the teachers and counselor's have been wonderful in working with him. They have a mentor program which has inspired my son tremondously. This is his last year at Lafayette. Next year he will be moving to Shelton Intermediate and as we take this journey I am proud to have been a part of Lafayette school and all the great teacher's and principals who have made a difference in my son's life as well as his academic career and his personal growth. I know it was trying sometimes but you all hung in there and never gave up. Thank you! Sincerely, Cheryl Leopold (Stephen Leopold's) Mom!

Posted May 21, 2004
I love this school we moved out of the Stamford school district and i did not like how my children were taught and I blame most of my sons learning problems on the other school district because now his grades are rising. I never saw my son get only 1 wrong on a spelling test and in this school that is all he usually gets wrong. I could not ask for a better staff and as for the office crew they are so polite and good at what they do it should make my old district embaressed to call themselves a school and the funny thing is I went to their old school as a child. Keep up the good work .

Lafayette School