Shelton, CT
Students enrolled: 1,563

Shelton High School 1

Posted March 28, 2015
Transferred child from another town and have been very disappointment in the curriculum and the environment that my child is exposed to!

Posted January 21, 2014
My son just started as a Freshman this year, and thusfar, I am extremely pleased, and pleasantly surprised, with how wonderful the experience has been for him thusfar. I don't see many recent reviews so figured I'd add my two cents. Don't listen to all the bad things you hear. Everyone is different and sees things from different perspectives. My son's teachers have all been wonderful. He is in the College Prep level which is challenging but not overly so (which means he still likes school since he isn't struggling at a level he can't handle). He is getting involved with great clubs, and is not bullied. He is into lacrosse as well, which he loves, and is starting to come into his own as a person. I am proud of him, and know he will succeed in life!

Shelton High School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
As a former student at this high school. I would recommend that the parents get involved once your child is in this school. The Head Masters and directors of education base your child's track as it pertains to the standarize testing scores and not their grades because they do not want to lose anymore funding from the state. I never opened a book in high school and graduated with honors. I was put in a track 3 class and when the teachers tried to move me up to track 1 and 2 the Head Masters and the Principal would not because of my standarize scores. This School Failed Me and Many Others.

Posted October 15, 2007
Great place! Nice teachers, excellent curriculum, bravo!

Posted November 06, 2006
Staff are very professional. Housemasters are understanding of parents & students. Security has greatly improved. Plenty of extracurricular activities are available.

Shelton High School 2

Posted September 06, 2006
I am currently attending Shelton High School in my junior year, and thus far I have experienced bad and good things as a result of faculty and the student body. This is not a great school at all and there are many different problems that need to be resolved.

Posted February 10, 2005
Shelton High School is good with teaching and the teachers seem very involved. My daughter has learned so much in the past year compared to when she was at a different school district. One thing I HIGHLY dislike about this school is the lack of diversity. It is a mostly all white school, and my daughter experiances much racism, including it from the staff. I have spoke with a few of the teachers about it and they all say that they dont see it. This school needs to be looked at a little more and we need more diverse teachers to show different races here.

Shelton High School 4

Posted January 12, 2005
I graduated from SHS many years, ago and now have a stepdaughter in the school. I believed then, as I do now that it's a great school.The staff was wonderful, and always helpful to those in need and whom were't too lazy to ask. There is trouble like everyother HS in America, but it's parent involvement and administration presence that can make a world of difference. As for mindless rules and other such complaints, stop babying the students! When they get a job in the real world, are they going to to cry to mom and dad when their bosses ream them for not being somewhere when they were supposed to be? Structure in a school setting is healthy, and would do a lot more good for the student population if parents weren't so opposed to someone else telling their child what to do.

Shelton High School 3

Posted January 06, 2005
I am currently a freshman at SHS and i must say it is an okay school. However there are alot of things i dislike about it. it is very crowded in the hallways when passing classes. There are so many people and you only get 2-4 minutes to get to each class. Another thing is the lack of diversity in this school. The teachers are alright but not too great. Some of them expect you to understand everything therefore they dont spend alot of time on something. Overall its not the best school.

Shelton High School 2

Posted July 18, 2004
I agree with the parent that is concerned about the bullying that goes overlooked many times at SHS. Even when reported to the Guidance Departmnent, which leaves alot to be desired, my daughter was still threatened and forced to defend herself during school hours. The lack of response from higher authorities when informed of this unfortunate incidence ( the SHS Principal, and Superintendent of Shelton Schools) has left a bad taste in my mouth, as they never felt the need to respond to an upset and concerned parent with an emotionally scorned child.

Shelton High School
120 Meadow St, Shelton, CT  06484
Last modified Shelton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top