Shelton, CT
Students enrolled: 1,563

Posted January 21, 2014
My son just started as a Freshman this year, and thusfar, I am extremely pleased, and pleasantly surprised, with how wonderful the experience has been for him thusfar. I don't see many recent reviews so figured I'd add my two cents. Don't listen to all the bad things you hear. Everyone is different and sees things from different perspectives. My son's teachers have all been wonderful. He is in the College Prep level which is challenging but not overly so (which means he still likes school since he isn't struggling at a level he can't handle). He is getting involved with great clubs, and is not bullied. He is into lacrosse as well, which he loves, and is starting to come into his own as a person. I am proud of him, and know he will succeed in life!

Shelton High School 4

Posted December 02, 2009

Shelton High School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
As a former student at this high school. I would recommend that the parents get involved once your child is in this school. The Head Masters and directors of education base your child's track as it pertains to the standarize testing scores and not their grades because they do not want to lose anymore funding from the state. I never opened a book in high school and graduated with honors. I was put in a track 3 class and when the teachers tried to move me up to track 1 and 2 the Head Masters and the Principal would not because of my standarize scores. This School Failed Me and Many Others.

Posted January 20, 2009

Shelton High School 4

Posted December 11, 2007

Shelton High School 1

Posted November 06, 2007
- a former student

Posted October 15, 2007
Great place! Nice teachers, excellent curriculum, bravo!

Posted May 29, 2007

Posted November 06, 2006
Staff are very professional. Housemasters are understanding of parents & students. Security has greatly improved. Plenty of extracurricular activities are available.

Shelton High School 2

Posted September 06, 2006
I am currently attending Shelton High School in my junior year, and thus far I have experienced bad and good things as a result of faculty and the student body. This is not a great school at all and there are many different problems that need to be resolved.

Shelton High School
120 Meadow St, Shelton, CT  06484
Last modified Shelton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shelton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top