9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Westminster School has four core values that the entire campus not only adheres to but also fosters...community, character, balance, and involvement. These are the pillars for all parts of life on campus. The faculty care about the students so deeply and it translates to a passionate community that shines with pride.

Westminster is academically challenging. Faculty is engaged and Simsbury is a great location. Athletics are secondary, which is what you want from a boarding school. Zero tolerance, as a parent and I child attending, its a great place to be

This school has everything a parent/child could want in a boarding school.My son is currently a freshman and loves it. The academics are very challenging.The curriculum,expansive.Dorms are comfortable.Campus is gorgeous and sports are mandatory.It is a highly scheduled enviornment in which my son is learning independence and accountability.There is zero tolerate for rule breaking which, as a parent, is comforting. He is well taken care of by dorm parents. His only complaint is the food. We can live with that. We highly recommend this school.

I went to Westminster from public school for my sophomore year and transferred out for junior year. The administration was very unresponsive to problems that the students had, and I was surprised by how many students were expelled/asked to withdraw during my year here. While most classes were well-run and somewhat challenging, the student body is extremely exclusive. Most students are WASPs and those who are not tend to be ostracized. I am now at a much less expensive private school that has provided me with a much better learning environment and academic situation. I would not recommend this school, and was ecstatic when I left campus for the last time.

I go to this school and it is amazing. I love it. The teachers are so helpful and you can always go for extra help without worrying what other people think. It is amazing!

Last modified Westminster School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12