Somers, CT

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
6th Grade was my daughter's first school year in the Somers school district. The did a FANTASTIC job of buddying the new kids up with students to help acclimate them to the school. She's in high school now, and we thoroughly enjoyed her experience as MBA. Anytime I had a question/problem with any of the teachers, they were more than accomodating and most defiinitely had the best interests of the students in mind.

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School 1

Posted January 12, 2013
I had two children attend this school - both required special education. We moved to Somers because we thought the school were good. We were sadly mistaken. The school system did as little as they legally had to do. There was no program to teach dyslexic to read. When the issue was forced - they sent their teachers to a 1 week class. When we finally moved our child out of the system - the next school was SHOCKED as as to my son's progress with having 2+ years of Wilson Language. To this day my son says that he thinks the school should be sued over what they did not provide him.

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School 1

Posted August 26, 2012
I am a former student that experienced bulling at this school. The teachers did nothing to help me. The gym teacher encouraged the other students to bully me. It was the worst time of my life and my grades suffered due to this. I had low self esteem due to my traumatic experience at M B Avery for many years. Thanks to my wonderful supportive and caring parents I was able to leave the Somers school system in 8th grade and get a better education in private school.

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School 0

Posted October 22, 2008
What a sad school. I have experienced the opposite. The teachers leave as soon as 2:30 rolls around on the clocks. The CMT scores have been very low compared to other neighboring communities. I do not feel that this school builds character, or encourages your child to do their best. I have been very disappointed here.

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School 0

Posted June 09, 2008
This is a great school. The teachers have high expectations for all students and they work very hard to help their students. Classes seem large compared with other communities.

Mabelle B. Avery Middle School
Ninth District Rd, Somers, CT  06071
Last modified Mabelle B. Avery Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mabelle B. Avery Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top