Bad
Good

Nayaug is a loving environment for the kids. Some teachers like Mr. Weir, Mrs. Rivera, Ms. Savage make the school. I agree that the Spanish is not very exciting and the gym teacher can be harsh sometimes. Parents are very involved. And the school is the newest in town, brand new carpet, nad the only elementary with A/C. Not to forget that for 4th and 5th graders they have an awesome orchestra program.

We have had mixed experience with Nayaug, and our daughter has been there from 2nd thru 5th grade. The language studies program is weak. All the kids in her class have opted out of Spanish for sixth grade because they were bored. There are definitely some great teachers, but there are others that are burnt out, and not so great with the children. Art and Phys Ed in particular we found to be unhealthy. You just dont tell a child they unartistic, and we felt our daughter was turned off from athletics because of the stern nature of the Phys Ed teacher. All in all though it was a fair school, but no better than others I imagine.

I am the parent of a kindergartner and a second grader and we moved into our neighborhood from out of state 3 years ago specifically for this school (it was newly built). Reflecting back, it's clear that we made the right decision. Mrs. Azia, Mrs. Dabiri and Mr. Weir have been fantastic teachers and influences on our children and I couldn't ask for more. Parental involvement is high. The education is challenging. I don't see the eletist attitutes mentioned elsewhere. My wife and I both work and I did see scheduling around a stay at home spouse, but I see that changing with PTA meetings being scheduled only in the eventing this year. I can't say enough about the teachers and staff. If youre looing for a great school, this is it.

Last modified Nayaug Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.