No rating

Central Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Southington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $240,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted December 25, 2013

My son currently attends CCA and I am so pleased with the teachers, principal and education. The curriculum exceeds my expectations. Very safe and caring atmosphere. I recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 14, 2013

My child went there from K to 2nd grade and being a single parent couldn't swing it financially. We both miss it dearly. Public school has been what I'd expected, so I'm praying to get her back there. The principal is a wonderful man!

Posted August 22, 2012

I was a student there during my Junior and Senior year, 2010-2011. I found that there were many, exceedingly strict rules, so many that it was difficult to remember and follow them all. The principal there seemed very proud and self righteous, and I felt like the parents were not privy to some of the things that actually went on, unless the students told them. The other teachers were not bad, and I enjoyed my experience with them. But, as long as the current principal is there, I would not recommend it.

Posted May 29, 2012

Central has been great to me; I mean yes, there is drama, some bad teachers, and some great teachers but that's just a part of life and its how you deal with the problems. I've been a student at CCA for about 9 years and I thank-you so much for everything that the school and staff has taught me. I appreciate having a great opportunity to learn about the Lord and what his will is for my life.. Even if you leave Central; no matter how much you disliked it; you will miss being in that small environment and getting to know the other side of people much easier than being in a huge school. Central has been fantastical to me, it made me who I am going to become and I thank the Lord, truly!

Posted January 13, 2012

A wonderful truly Christian school. Both my children graduated from there. Now my daughter is on staff there. True ministry of a great local Baptist church. Has had the same pastor for over 36 tears. Dedicated to Bible teaching in education and character building. Staff is very hard working and sacrifice daily for the students and parents.

Posted January 6, 2012

We are very happy with the excellent education the school offers and most important, the Christ centered atmosphere thru everything they teach and do. My son loves the classes and the caring teachers. Now my daughter will be going next year when she enters 1st grade. Looking forward to have both kids there.

Posted February 9, 2010

This is a great school. Probably one of the better private schools. It is a good place, good teachers, and good people. Students are treated fairly and the teachers are all nice. Central is an overall great school

Posted August 19, 2009

The teachers and staff at this school pray for the students and TRULY care about them. They are concerned about not only thier grades and their safety but their spiritual wellbeing. The parents and students who seem to think favoritism goes on are sorely mistaken. Some parents think that by dropping their children off at a Christian school that the teachers need to 'fix' their kids when it begins at home. If the children are not taught to obey their parents, teachers and others in authority, including and especially the Lord, how are they going to live godly lives, survive relationships, keep a job or even go into the ministry? Parents need to step up and get more involved. The teachers and staff are VERY approachable and care about the kids - why else would they be here - the money?

Posted May 22, 2009

Not at all happy, there is definetly a respecter of persons, and all students are not treated equally and fairly. I would not recommend any child being sent here, there is no quality in the academics children suffer due to lack of qualified staff. The only positive thing I can say is that spiritually the kids are taught the Bible which is a blessing, but unfortunately they are discouraged by hypocritical actions of those who don't practice what they preach, This is very sad, and my prayer is that the precious lives of the students they do have, will not be so discouraged and untrusting of the Christians they are supposed to look up too. May God help them!!!!

Posted August 29, 2008

WOW, this school has taken a complete 180 degree turn around. The teachers are more laid back and very flexible. The past principal has been removed, and since then everything has been more calmed down. I posted an earlier post about how the school was strict, but now, i actually get up in the morning most of the time wanting to go to school.

Posted May 26, 2008

As a student, I found the rules at CCA to be strong and many. They were not too much but they definately were not too few. Many of the rules were unnecessary and they appeared as ways to control the students. I found that it was easy to go throughout the day without going against a rule. It took an entire change of character that would last for about eight hours. If the leadership truly seeks to change the students characters by molding them into men and women who serve the Lord, then perhaps they shouldn't present one option and tell them to choose. In result of this, favorites are chosen and the teen's characters become a facade not a true change. Hopefully the leadership change will reflect a better result on the way the kids are taught.

Posted May 13, 2008

i used to go to central and i loved it there, i am very thankful for the school and the teachers who worked so faithfully because they care about us!

Posted April 12, 2008

Central Christian Academy is overall a good school.They have a good circulum for the students. They only thing that disappoints me is the not being able to talk to a teacher or administrator. If a student had a problem they would feel uncomfortable to talkto a teacher about it.They do pick favorites over other students.Next year will change and hopefully things will change for the better. Teachers will be missed but things will improve.(hopefully)!

Posted March 19, 2008

This school seems to be very very strict. Rules are just made up out of nowhere and the kids cant even enjoy their education b/c they are worried all the time about what rule they are going to break next. They need to let the kids be kids and let them enjoy highschool!

Posted March 16, 2008

I see this school as an excellent and wonderfull institution founded on christain principals and a good ciriculum. With oportunitys abounding everywhere it its a great place for a student to grow mentally and spiritually. The current staff is expierenced and very knowledgable of the material, but the school administrater as well as a majority of the high school teachers are leaveing. Students are helped acheive their goal of education with sevral strict rules and standards to guide them on the right path. It is a shame that there is unrest among the students, and that sevral of the staff are leaveing, but this all falls into God's plan and i am sure that things will all work out.

Posted March 14, 2008

This school, is amazingly strict, and they 'play favorites' on the students, I don't want to give this school a bad name, but it's just so hard not to.

Posted June 13, 2007

I am very impressed with this school. My daughter started to read at 4 years old. She also has been given the gift of faith like I have never seen.

Posted February 26, 2007

The Christian values taught at this school are a wonderful part of a Christ-centered education. However, I had to take my child out of CCA because the quality of education was very poor. The school lacks technology, extracurricular activities, college counseling, and teachers who keep up with the rapidly advancing field of education. As a teacher myself, I found that important critical thinking skills are not addressed at CCA. In my opinion, CCA does a very poor job equipping it's students with the tools necessary for succeeding in college and beyond.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 17, 2006

central has gave me the most valuable thing in my life. they gave me a sence to who i am as a person, and who God wants e to be. They thaught me that the way to realy be happy is to have a christian famly to be with.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1505 West Street