Posted May 16, 2011
This is an excellent school. "A big school with a big heart" as the principal often says. The faculty is very supportive and caring. They have an active PTO with all kinds of programs and activities for the students. I asked my second grade son, "What amkes your school special?" He responed, "The teachers!". I think that says it all.

Posted July 14, 2009

Derynoski Elementary School 4

Posted December 02, 2008
I just moved to Southington this past summer and have kids at Derynoski now. I'm VERY pleased with it. The teachers actually care. The administration is very nice. It's just an overall sense of well-being. I feel good about sending my kids there each day.

Derynoski Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2008

Posted September 17, 2006
Derynoski Elementary is right on if not above average to all elementary schools in our district. The no child left behind act has a lot to do with how things are handles as far as 'pushing' the child, but the education that he will come it with is top Notch in this school. DES is a big school with an even bigger heart. Your child will get the best from the best at DES. The Faculty, Staff and even the PTO help out. The parent volunteers are amazing in this school.

Posted September 17, 2006
Hello all, if you are looking to settle in Southington, I say...absolutely, and this is the perfect district! Derynoski is Top of the line. The students and the staff have great relationships. The staff all have open door policies! Even the principals! For students and parents, they make the time to ease your mind!This is a Big school with an even Bigger Heart. It is a family atmosphere. The volunteers are tremendous! Become a part of the PTO, learn what's happening and how you can be a part of your child's education! Email the PTO with any questions, or if you'd like to learn more about the school, despto@hotmail.com Again, thanks for looking at this wonderful school as one of your choices, check out our scores over the last few years...they are on the rise DES Has Great People! and... your character counts.

Posted September 06, 2006
I am a student at D.E.S. And I very much like the teachers and staff here at Derynoski are wonderful to work with all of use here at D.E.S all of us at this school would agree!!!

Posted June 04, 2006
My son is graduating fifth grade and came in during second. This by far the best school a parent could ask for. Karen Smith is bar-none and the teachers ( my son has had ) are top notch. I couldn't have been happier with the level of education and care DES gives to every student. -Melissa

Derynoski Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
My son is a second grader at Derynoski Elementary. I would have to say that I am pretty dissapointed in the overall education that my son is receiving. The student/teacher ratio is rediculous and this may justify the lack of help that my son receives. It is a disservice to every child to push them ahead without the highest assurance that they will succeed in the next grade and will not struggle yet another year. My son has been struggling in reading and comprehension, yet he has been pushed ahead without regard to his abilities or lack there of. I for one do not wish to see him stay behind but sometimes it is your child's best interest to stay back.

Derynoski Elementary School
240 Main St, Southington, CT  06489
Last modified Derynoski Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Derynoski Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top