Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 08, 2016
I want to say big thanks to Rachel Carvalho, a teacher. Rachel - you are special. You were my children's first teacher (grade K) and you made school fun, exciting and interesting to them. You made them confident in themselves and their abilities. You helped them learn to read and write, you made learning fun. you showed them so much love and care that they still speak of you 2 years later. You are amazing at what you do. You kept us, their parents, involved in their learning it was almost as if I was one of your students (it's a good complement). They love that you share your snack with kids that forget to bring theirs. That's selfless love. So thank you for being there for my kids.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 08, 2016
The teachers I have dealt with so far are all of these - compassionate, caring and empathetic.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 08, 2016
Honesty, yes. Integrity, yes. Fairness, this one is very subjective so I'll leave this to other parents. In all Flanders is a great school.

Posted May 08, 2016
My children started their educational life at Flanders Elementary and it has been the best so far. The teachers are dedicated to helping the kids learn. There's discipline at the school. The kids are well behaved. My biggest joy is the learning. Both of my kids learned to read in grade K. They learned to do simple math in grade K. They learned to spell words in grade K. And to speak of the pto; they are super involved in all school activities. They are very dedicated to making sure that the classrooms and library are fully equipped and ready for our children each year. They organize a lot of fun activities for families as well. No kid is left behind at Flanders Elementary. They're all challenged to aspire for greatness in their learning and in life. Thank you principal, Mrs Mazzarella for keeping the school the way you do and for enforcing discipline amongst the children and teachers. Thanks to the teachers that have impacted my children so far (Miss Rachel Carvalho, Miss Marlene Moutela, and Mrs Jamie Englehard). You ladies are amazing. Thanks to the secretary, Mrs Rossignol for all you do. And to all the teachers at Flanders Elementary, God bless you all.

Posted March 19, 2015
Fantastic school with caring teachers and staff. Teachers keep the parents apprised of what is going on and are very open to any concerns. The PTO is quite active and does a great job of organizing activities for the students and also keeps the parents/school admin engaged.

Posted July 07, 2014
Flanders is a great school community. Being a teacher myself, I truly believe my daughter is getting a great education from a great staff. Parents are highly involved in school activities, and it is a wonderful place to feel welcome. I have not had any issues with the principal. In fact, she has shown deep concern with safety issues surrounding my child. The secretary is a bit abrupt, but once you get to know her she is very pleasant. My daughter has excelled to a gifted student here and I know when she walks through the doors of the Flanders, she is highly taken care of physically, emotionally, and academically. I would not judge this school or any school from one situation. Teachers and principals are not robots, and they too may have a bad day now and then. Overall the school and staff are great.

Flanders School 1

Posted August 06, 2012
I am very disappointed with Flanders School principle and one of the teacher from 4th grade. The principle is very unpleasent, doesn't care about parents opinion. She is getting very upset if you disagree with her in making decision in what is best for your child. One time, I had meeting with her and she kept me waiting for about 45 minutes pretending that she was talking to the kids that were passing by and just completely ignored me. She was probably hoping that I would just give up and go home. I showed her that I was stronger than her. She is very unprofessional and untruthful.

Posted June 08, 2011
Flanders Elementary is a fabulous school!! They have very caring teachers and staff and constantly keep the parents apprised of what is going on. The PTO does a great job of providing many extra-curricular programs and cultural arts programs to the students. I noticed the complaints about leadership in the emails below -- that may have been a problem in the past, but that is definitely not the case now.

Posted February 16, 2010
I'm very much pleased with Flanders. I find the principal very welcoming and the teachers are great. My child loves school and her academic scores are fantastic. The PTO does a fabulous job and there is always a friendly smiling face when I walk into the school. I give this school 5 stars!

Flanders School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
I am reasonably pleased with this school--most of the teachers are great and the gifted program is excellent. The principal is not very friendly and is hard to get in touch with. My children scored very high on the CMTs, higher than the school and district average, but I guess the school itself didn't do great.

100 Victoria Dr, Southington, CT  06489
Last modified Flanders School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.