Southington, CT

Posted July 07, 2014
Flanders is a great school community. Being a teacher myself, I truly believe my daughter is getting a great education from a great staff. Parents are highly involved in school activities, and it is a wonderful place to feel welcome. I have not had any issues with the principal. In fact, she has shown deep concern with safety issues surrounding my child. The secretary is a bit abrupt, but once you get to know her she is very pleasant. My daughter has excelled to a gifted student here and I know when she walks through the doors of the Flanders, she is highly taken care of physically, emotionally, and academically. I would not judge this school or any school from one situation. Teachers and principals are not robots, and they too may have a bad day now and then. Overall the school and staff are great.

Flanders School 1

Posted August 06, 2012
I am very disappointed with Flanders School principle and one of the teacher from 4th grade. The principle is very unpleasent, doesn't care about parents opinion. She is getting very upset if you disagree with her in making decision in what is best for your child. One time, I had meeting with her and she kept me waiting for about 45 minutes pretending that she was talking to the kids that were passing by and just completely ignored me. She was probably hoping that I would just give up and go home. I showed her that I was stronger than her. She is very unprofessional and untruthful.

Posted June 08, 2011
Flanders Elementary is a fabulous school!! They have very caring teachers and staff and constantly keep the parents apprised of what is going on. The PTO does a great job of providing many extra-curricular programs and cultural arts programs to the students. I noticed the complaints about leadership in the emails below -- that may have been a problem in the past, but that is definitely not the case now.

Posted February 16, 2010
I'm very much pleased with Flanders. I find the principal very welcoming and the teachers are great. My child loves school and her academic scores are fantastic. The PTO does a fabulous job and there is always a friendly smiling face when I walk into the school. I give this school 5 stars!

Flanders School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
I am reasonably pleased with this school--most of the teachers are great and the gifted program is excellent. The principal is not very friendly and is hard to get in touch with. My children scored very high on the CMTs, higher than the school and district average, but I guess the school itself didn't do great.

Flanders School 0

Posted January 20, 2008
Starting with the school secretary right on to the school principal, this school is extremely unwelcoming. Lack of caring for concerns of parents. Very poor leadership. Low academic scores. If you are considering moving to the district, I would not reccommend Flanders.

Flanders School 4

Posted September 28, 2005

Flanders School 2

Posted July 30, 2005
Poor leadership, old fashioned style/ approach to deal with children. Children are not allowed to talk to each other except at recess. Low academic level, no in-class challenges. We ended with pulling our children out of the school and homeschool them for several years.

Flanders School
100 Victoria Dr, Southington, CT  06489
Last modified Flanders School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flanders School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top