Bad
Good

Posted December 11, 2013
I do not normally write reviews unless I feel strongly about a particular topic. It is unfortunate that the previous review of the school was poor. I do not see any of the problems that were identified and my son has been attending the school for 5 years now. In fact, the school has yielded some of the highest 3rd grade CMT results in the region including higher than all other schools in southington, cheshire and farmington. If we ever move, it will only be to a home in Thalberg's school district with one more kid to attend beginning next year's all day K program. My wife and I couldn't be happier with the school and its newer administration.

Thalberg School 1

Posted April 26, 2011
My children attended this school for only a couple of years and had a very bad experience. They claim to have a zero bully policy but it depends on who the bully is! NOT ACCEPTABLE! "Who" you are matters much more than what you know in this school. Teachers talk down to some kids yet put others on a pedastal even if they display totally inapropriate behavior. The same kids get picked for things over and over while others just get to stand by and watch. The PTO pretty much runs this school, not the principal. I can say I am very happy to be in a different district now and so are my children!

Posted October 01, 2010
Great School, Excellent Principal/Strong Administrator and an educationist, Great Teachers , Friendly and loving staff. My son is in 4th grade. Great school campus. One area need improvement like everything else is to find ways of continuously improve and raise the bar of academics with challenging programs. Promoting excellence and channeling/exploring the talent of students to grow the level of school and the kids should continue to be the focus of the school and parent community....

Thalberg School

Posted October 01, 2008
Love this school....came from out of state and #1 concern was finding the right school and area to bring my family....this was the best choice around...no regrets here!!! Keep in up Thalberg!

Posted February 21, 2007
I have two sons in Thalberg - currently in 4th and 3rd grades. I love the school, the staff (with a few exceptions) and the PTO. I will have a 3rd son going to Kindergarten in 2010 and I wouldn't move if you paid me!

Posted September 10, 2005
My son has attended this school and is in 5th grade. The school itself is beautiful, new, clean and has a great layout. Most of the teachers are fantastic. If planning on moving to Southington I would move to this school district before looking at any other schools. The PTO has always been active and caring.

Thalberg School
145 Dunham Rd, Southington, CT  06489
Last modified Thalberg School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thalberg School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top