Southington, CT

Posted April 14, 2010
Urbin T. Kelley is an awesome school because of it's parent and faculty connection. The faculty truly cares about our children.

Posted April 14, 2010
Kelley School faculty truly cares and provide a fantastic environment for my children to learn.

Posted April 13, 2010
We are family.....we all work together as a team to make the school a great place for our children. Many parents get involved in the functions to keep our keeps busy, happy and out of trouble. The kids enjoy their school also. We have a bunch of great teachers at Kelley!

Posted April 13, 2010
Kelley school puts kids first. The parent interaction is amazing. The teachers are great. Kelley is a 'FAMILY'

Posted January 23, 2009
Great school has gone above and beyond helping us with special needs

Posted November 24, 2008
Kelley school is a great place for learning and fun!

Urbin T. Kelley School 2

Posted June 24, 2008
Both my children attend Kelley. I would have a possitive oppion of the school also if it was not for my 2nd child. My 1st is very good at disipline and is a nose to the grindstone type. My 2nd is a free spirt and this school has no room for that sort. As long as you agree with everything the principal says and does she is great. If you or your child has a problem then she is cold and calous. This is the reason why you see the hot and cold responces to Kelley and will continue until this Principal shapes up or ships out.

Posted February 04, 2008
My family and I recently moved from the Plantsville school system into the Southington school system. The entire school staff have far exceeded our expectations of a wonderful school. The faculty and the other parents have welcomed us with open arms and have made this an easy transition for my entire family, especially for my first grade daughter. We are extremely happy with our decision to relocate to this school district. I am completely impressed by the amazing staff at Kelley school.

Urbin T. Kelley School 4

Posted December 15, 2006
It seems speed is the name of the game when it comes to work. It is true worksheets rule. The programs in math and reading/writing keep changing. It is hard for some students to change with these formats. There does not seem to be any accommodation if that happens. Overall though, my daughter had a good experience at Kelley School.

Urbin T. Kelley School 1

Posted March 06, 2006
From the office staff to the principal, this school is extememly unwelcoming. Classroom techniques are outdated and lack creativity. Teachers use an excessive amount of worksheets rather than creative lesson planning. Kindergarteners do not have a recess time, nor do they have movement, creative expression, block building, relaxed reading , open ended actvities, fine motor or gross motor activities. Coloring and completing worksheets seems to be the curriculum . Older students follow the same path, as worksheets are the name of the game. If you are looking for a school that cares about the education of students, the concerns of the parents and the joy of being a child then Kelly School is not for you.

501 Ridgewood Rd, Southington, CT  06489
Last modified Urbin T. Kelley School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Urbin T. Kelley School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top