Stafford, CT

Posted October 12, 2010
St. Edward School is a small private school with an amazing staff of caring teachers and religious who offer the very best education a small school in a poor town can do. I am proud to say that I am a part of the parish that helps to support this fine school. A first rate education is hard to come by these days but, St. Edward School does manage to offer such a wonderful education for each and every one of its school children. Most of its graduates goes onto [after high school] to graduate from college and add immeasurably to our community. We are blessed to have St. Edward School in our town.

St Edward School 2

Posted July 06, 2010
Not pleased with this academic year. My children all had teachers who didn't really help them when they needed it. No extra-curricular activities at the school, except for chess club. Sports are not good...we stopped playing school sports last year because of this. The academics are OK, used to be a lot better. The classrooms and teachers are very disorganized, the teachers are always planning projects they never follow through on. The school is very small because they expect way too much out of new students and then the new students leave. School favors many kids, and targets many kids...other kids are somewhat ignored. Also, the school is constantly looking for money and volunteers. All in all, SES is NOT recommended. We are not returning next year.

Posted July 05, 2010
St Edward School is a wonderful educational environment with a challenging academic structure well blended with a supportive, loving staff. We are thrilled with the academic progress of both of our children, and feel that they have developed work habits that will help them the rest of their lives. Students routinely excel in regional and state competitions, including the state History Fair, Science and Math competitions. We are very satisified with the educational experience or children have had!

Posted February 14, 2009
I am a student here at St. Edward and I have definetly made life-long friends. The education is great. SES has Science Fairs, Writers Fair, and History Day. Also, you don't just sit around in a classroom, you do hands-on projects. The staff and teachers are freat too. They always have a smile on their faces and are always willing to help.

Posted July 28, 2006
St. Edward School has been a terrific school for my daughter and is a great place for children to get a high-quality elementary education. The faculty and staff genuinely care about the children, and challenge them academically well beyond state mandated minimum requirements. More than just academics, St. Edward's teaches discipline and respect not only for one's self, but for others as well. The children of St. Edward's are academic top performers when they graduate and this is evidenced by the overwhelming success they have enjoyed at the high school and collegiate levels. SES has had several valedictorians and salutatorians at the local high school, representing a disproportionately high number, which is no coincidence. They learn how to study, how to learn, and how to be responsible and respectable contributing members of society. I highly recommend SES for anyone seeking a high-value alternative to 'run-of-the-mill' public education. It's worth it.

Posted July 19, 2006
As a past parent of three students I feel qualified to rate SES. Please, DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SES if YOU do not want them to BE CHALLENGED, not only academically but also challenged to be a good person. SES does not have HIGHTECH computer labs or STATE OF THE ART nonsense. It does have a demanding curriculum that does not rely on the 'SPELL CHECK' button, but actually teaches students to spell. SES makes them STUDY AND LEARN, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, 'RETAIN' WHAT THEY'VE LEARNED. Also, if as a parent YOU do not want to get involved, or help guide YOUR child through THIS DEMANDING COURSE OF STUDY, PLEASE DON'T SEND THEM. If baseball and other sports are the extra-curricular activities that are MORE important to your child's educational foundation, SES is NOT FOR YOU. SES graduates are the type of people we all want to be.

Posted July 18, 2006
St. Edward School is a fantastic school providing a learning environment in which the quality of education is superb and students excel academically and socially. We are very pleased with the progress our children have made. Focus is placed on developing reading, math and writing skills and inclusion of music, art, & physical education etc. with the help of enthusiastic faculty and staff. The

Posted July 18, 2006
Fabulous School: If you are looking for an environment, which offers a high quality education, reinforces values and morals, and prides itself on its dedication to its students ?St. Edward is the place to be. As a graduate of the school and as a former teacher of St. Edward (now a teacher in the public school system at the high school level), I clearly see the difference between public and private education. These highly qualified and certified teachers are completely dedicated to each and every child. Their students ARE prepared for high school and can handle the workload that high school demands of them. This family style school gives students the skills necessary to succeed in life. The students learn how to strive for goals, and the students achieve them with their teachers coaching them. This school is truly a great place for any child.

St Edward School 1

Posted May 25, 2006
Think twice before sending your child to this school. I thought I was making the best decision I could for my childs education and safety. For numerous reasons I decided to transfer my child to the public school and discovered she was over a year behind in reading. The quality of education is extremely poor and you do not realize it until they are taken out of this environment and tested properly. The school lacks professionalism and the teachers are not even certified. Luckily I was an active parent who realized my child was in the wrong place. My child does not have a disability she just needed a different approach to learning which this school had no resources to work with. I had nowhere to turn to except the best place she could possibly be and that is the public school system. Don't make the same mistake I did!

Posted May 02, 2006
My children have been in St. Ed's since kindergarten and I cannot tell you how great it has been in just 150 words. St. Ed is a very demanding but peaceful school, full of wonderful kids. You don't have to be Catholic to go there, just be the moms and dads that want the best for their kids. We parents are involved and it shows. We also have a dedicated staff of teachers and administrators-a very stable crew-many with over 15 years of dedicated service to St. Ed's.

St Edward School