Posted October 15, 2014
My son recently started Kindergarten here, upon the suggestion of a close friend, and it has been absolutely wonderful! A very tight-knit, small community that is both welcoming and open. I would suggest this school to any prospective parent seeking a well-rounded education focused on both academic rigor and moral standards for his or her child. Staff are welcoming and caring, but expect a lot of effort. Neither myself or my son have had any issues or problems to date. Very, very happy and looking forward to many more years at Holy Spirit!

Posted March 20, 2014
Holy Spirit School is a hidden treasure in North Stamford. My son has thrived in Kindergarten in this safe, nurturing environment. He is encouraged and challenged academically in a warm and friendly environment. There is a wonderful community here, and many ways for families to stay involved. I love that he is learning Spanish! His kindergarten teacher is fabulous and always available for questions. The classes are small and the teachers understand each child as an individual. Everyone there knows my son and our family. I couldn't ask for a nicer grammar school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Our son's Pre K3 teacher (new to the school) is everything we could have hoped for, and more. She is energetic, caring, committed, with tons of creative ideas and she provides us with ongoing updates regarding the progress of the class and our son's own development. We are lucky to have her and she is a wonderful addition to the warm and professional staff at this great little school.

Posted February 27, 2013
We have been part of the Holy Spirit School family for 9 years and couldn't be happier. Our children have grown tremendously in their self confidence and are striving academically because of the safe, nuturing environment they are in. Our oldest is now in middle school and continues to thrive as she has the values instilled in her at home and in Holy Spirit School. Our 3rd grader continues to achieve our academic expectations for him as he truly wants to please both his family and his amazing, supportive teachers. Holy Spirit School is a little school with a lot to offer.

Posted January 29, 2013
I feel like this school is a secret I don't want to share with anyone, because it is so small and wonderful. I have a second grader who has thrived here because of the individual attention he gets from the teachers, the sense of community the school offers, and the warmth and guidance the principal, Mrs. Torchen, shares everyday. Every teacher knows every child and goes the extra mile to help them succeed. My son is ahead in some areas and behind in others. The teachers came up with a plan to challenge him and support him where needed. He has some speech issues which have dramatically improved from reading aloud everyday to the point that he says the Pledge of Allegiance over the school loud speaker once a week. From the teachers helping the children out of the car at drop off, to a tap on my car window at pick up to tell me how his day was, it is abundantly clear how much the teachers care about their students and love what they do. I only wish I had found this school sooner so my older son could have attended.

Posted May 28, 2011
Even though PK3 is comprised of little people just beginning their journey of learning, Holy Spirit's PK3 teacher establishes a trusting bond and a daily routine that ends with the a b c s. My child and classmates have learned basic social playing skills complemented by the basics of sight words, writing their name, and putting together letters and sounds that allow them to read their first book. Holy Spirit's PK3 program has created an academic, structured environment that allows the teacher to focus on the students as a group, as well as, individually on each child and dedicate the time to helping each student in their own areas of development. My child's love for the christen faith and values have grown stronger just by attending the school.

Posted May 28, 2011
My child attends 1st at Holy Spirit School. Holy Spirit has an exceptional 1st grade teacher, along with being a published author; she encourages her students to be little mini-authors and composed their own books . At the beginning of the year, each student gets a special journal and throughout the year she encourages creative and imaginative writing. Not only do students love to read but they want to be authors themselves. They write stories, illustrate pictures and truly enjoy expressing their individual thoughts. Along with learning the fundamentals, we are certain the first grade at Holy Spirit School has some budding authors in the making.

Posted December 14, 2009
Our daughter attends Holy Spirit (PreK3 Kindergarten). As parents we are extremely happy with the school. Our daughter s progression in academic, social and religous education is amazing. Her teachers have been exceptional and take a personal interest in every student. Along with an extraordinary academic and religious curriculum, the classes interact socially and with the other grades, creating a sense of family. It warms our heart that children, teachers, and the principle know each other by name. The parent involvement over the last 3 years is remarkable. We take an active part by volunteering and contributing at classroom functions, weekend fundraisers, and events; making wonderful friends for ourselves and our daughter. We believe her academic, social, religious values and principles will continue to advance, along with her commitment to faith. We look forward to the next 5 years as a Holy Spirit Family.

Posted May 14, 2008
I LOVE this school. My son is only 3 and is involved in one of the many after school programs offered here. He has made friends and there is a strong parent-teacher relationship. Our principal is always available. We have many fundraisers and family events and will continue next year with some new exciting ideas. My son can't wait for next year! We had originally planned to go to another school, but we are staying at Holy Spirit!

Holy Spirit School 3

Posted March 31, 2008
The school as a whole is a great size. The teachers are wonderful! There are really no after school programs! The level is funding is very low! There is no parent involvement. The principal leads a very chaotic atmosphere! No discipline,no communication,no 'community'. It is a disappointment to see a school that has great potential crumbling beneath our feet!

Holy Spirit School