PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I feel the teachers really care about the individual learner. I often hear about the way teachers try to connect with children and find it to be such a valuable tool.

This was my children's first year at Bicultural Day School and I can honestly say that my kids LOVE going to school now. My older son went to public school the previous year and we saw an immediate change in him, for the better, when he switched to Bicultural Day School. He became more patient & social and less temperamental, and in general much happier. The teachers and staff are fabulous... very kind and supportive and are available anytime you want to speak to them. Best of all, the academic program is challenging and sets the bar high. I am very pleased to know that my kids are getting an excellent education and getting well-prepared for whatever high school or college they're going to in the future.

I am the parent of two recent graduates and a current middle school student. BCDS prepared both of my older children extremely well for highly competitive high schools. The middle school is even better now than then with some great recent faculty additions. Most importantly, my kids made truly great friends at BCDS and continue to maintain many friendships made there. Graduates of this school speak glowingly of their time there. The school really teaches kids at different levels of religious observance a love of others, of Judaism and Israel. It is a magical place that keeps getting better. The addition of Principal Jackie Herman, an outstanding eductaor and person ensures that BCDS will remain an all around great school for many years to come.

I am the parent of a current third grade student who is thriving at Bi-Cultural Day School. As a non-religious family, I wasn't sure if Bi-Cultural was the right place for us. After touring the school with my husband, we both new that this was where we wanted our child to be. We couldn't be happier. Both the secular and the judaic education is outstanding. The recent addition of Mrs. Herman as the school's principal has been a tremendous asset to the school. I highly recommend Bi-Cultural. It is a fantastic community school with so much to offer.

I am the parent of two recent graduates who got a fantastic education and had a wonderful experience at BCDS. The preparation for highly competitive high schools was superb and the extracurricular actitivites gave our kids something they could continue with in high school (basketball, musical theater). Our children and we as parents made wonderful friends here. At first we weren't sure we should send our kids to Bi-Cultural, as we are not particularly religious, but the Jewish experience we had as a family has added greatly to all of our lives. There is something really special about this school and the terrific school community. I recommend it highly. My kids really loved it.

I could not be happier. I have a daughter in 3rd grade and a son in 1st grade. I picked BCDS, as I wanted a school that met both of my kids needs. One child is advanced and the other is delayed. The school always meets the dynamic needs of every child. The school is easily accessible. My bus stops in front of my house. On the occassion I pick up or drop off, there is always a teacher there to greet you and open your car door. I love that my kids are under the same roof with their 6th, 7th and 8th grade buddies. There is nothing better than seeing your 6 year old giving a high five to an 8th grader when they pass in the hall. You could not find a more loving and caring group of people to take care of and teach your children. The school is more warm and welcoming than I could have ever imagined.

Teachers, Hebrew, and more activities. The people are great and very trusting.

I'm the parent of two children at BCDS. The school offers many positives as well as some negatives. On the positive side, it provides a very rigorous curriculum in the early formative years. It goes to great pains to teach the 'non-tangibles' such as time management and how to treat people. I believe it prepares students to be academically strong as they enter the main stream in the 9th grade. On the down side, the fact that the school is so small means that there are some areas that can't be covered - especially in the middle school grades. The most glaring issue as I see it is a light weight music program and a limited sports program. These are important in the middle school years. These deficiencies are more than made up for with in other areas like science and art.

As an alum with a sister still at school in Bi Cultural, I can honestly say that I cannot imagine a better place to get a Jewish education and a secular education all in one!

I went to BCDS from kindergarden and am currently in 8th Grade. I absolutely love BCDS and am really sad that I have to graduate! I feel like the school is basically my second home and I can't imagine my life without it. I will miss it so much and I have to say, to me, there is NO better place to send your child.

Last modified Bi-Cultural Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8