PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

LRS has been the perfect fit for both my boys, who are as different as can be academically and temperamentally. They both love school, have the greatest respect for their teachers, and have become strong critical thinkers. It would not occur to them to be apathetic or dismissive of school and learning. The collaborative nature of the classrooms and the size of the school have helped my boys develop strong social skills.

The Long ridge school has built a strong foundation for both my boys. The teachers are exceptional. They nurture and guide with loving care and individualized attention, and each year they have exceeded our expectations at every grade level. The specialists for Spanish, Science, PE, Art and Music work with students from an early age, building on a child's skills year after year. I would highly recommend The Long Ridge School.

My child has attended the Long Ridge School since he was 3 years old. With a focus on academic excellence while keeping the unique qualities of each child in mind, LRS has been a wonderful place for learning for my son. The curriculum really emphasizes a hands-on learning approach with theme driven interdisciplinary lessons. The themes are rich, global & relevant - they equip the child with a solid 21st. Century education. LRS encourages students to think & converse about what they are learning. They read, question, listen and reflect to ensure they have cemented a deeper understanding in the subject matter. They are also encouraged to present their individual thoughts - discuss them, problem solve together in teams via creative ways. LRS has been an exceptional experience & I believe, prepares children well for middle & high school.

My sons have attended Long Ridge since they were 2 and have had the great fortune to be part of a learning environment that is meaningful and encourages exploration and expression of ideas. They are part of small classes that allow for close interaction with their teachers who really understand each child's unique personality. Using an interdisciplinary curriculum all the teachers share the common goal of instilling in their students a love of learning. They strive for students to go forth as life long learnes who understand that they are part of a global community.

The Long Ridge School is an exemplary early childhood & elementary school! My three children have different styles and approaches to learning and they were all successful and had a wonderful experience at LRS. The small class sizes enable teachers to address various learning styles and teachers really go above and beyond to know each child and support them academically, socially & emotionally. I continue to be impressed by how deeply teachers know my children and the insights they share with me during teacher conferences and in the in-depth narrative reports are invaluable. I can't recommend LRS highly enough; it is a wonderful place to learn and a wonderful community to be a part of.

This is the school where my children learned to love learning! The skills they learned at LRS have been the bedrock of the remainder of my children's educational experiences since leaving Long Ridge. Thank you, LRS!

Our two children attend Long Ridge School (7 years but who is counting)! They learn in very different ways and at different rates yet each child has grown dramatically, learned a lot and grown in confidence. This result, no doubt is testimony to the school's successful approach in treating each child as unique and valued for his or her ideas and talents. We could not be happier parents given the terrific faculty and staff at Long Ridge and an engaged community of parents.

Our family has been at the Long Ridge School for ten years. The teachers are outstanding--each one of them works hard to "get" each child, and treat each child with respect and understanding. My daughter graduated Long Ridge three years ago and has been extremely prepared for the academic and social challenges of middle school. I can't say enough about this wonderful school, and how glad I am that we discovered it.

Our family feels extremely fortunate to have found LRS for our son. The students at LRS thrive and truly love going to school. I am impressed with the commitment the faculty and staff show towards the students. Everything is focused to help the students prepare for the future both academically and emotionally.

My son loves the Long Ridge School. He looks forward to going to school every day. He is challenged, never bored, and happy to be in an environment that encourages respect and kindness. Long Ridge is not just a school, it is a foundation for a great future of learning!

Last modified The Long Ridge School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5