Stamford, CT
Before care: Yes

Posted May 02, 2014
My school is a family away from home. This is a community that has the common interest of providing a fantastic environment for learning for our kids as well as a wonderful environment for families to come together! This is a school where children collaborate as part of the learning process and learn far more than what is usually part of a typical curriculum. Here they learn to love learning and how to be fulfilled members of a larger community.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is the school where my children learned to love learning! The skills they learned at LRS have been the bedrock of the remainder of my children's educational experiences since leaving Long Ridge. Thank you, LRS!

Posted April 29, 2014
Our two children attend Long Ridge School (7 years but who is counting)! They learn in very different ways and at different rates yet each child has grown dramatically, learned a lot and grown in confidence. This result, no doubt is testimony to the school's successful approach in treating each child as unique and valued for his or her ideas and talents. We could not be happier parents given the terrific faculty and staff at Long Ridge and an engaged community of parents.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our family has been at the Long Ridge School for ten years. The teachers are outstanding--each one of them works hard to "get" each child, and treat each child with respect and understanding. My daughter graduated Long Ridge three years ago and has been extremely prepared for the academic and social challenges of middle school. I can't say enough about this wonderful school, and how glad I am that we discovered it.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our family feels extremely fortunate to have found LRS for our son. The students at LRS thrive and truly love going to school. I am impressed with the commitment the faculty and staff show towards the students. Everything is focused to help the students prepare for the future both academically and emotionally.

Posted October 12, 2013
My son loves the Long Ridge School. He looks forward to going to school every day. He is challenged, never bored, and happy to be in an environment that encourages respect and kindness. Long Ridge is not just a school, it is a foundation for a great future of learning!

Posted October 04, 2013
Our two children graduated from The Long Ridge School and were fully prepared for their middle and high school education. Their love of learning can be traced to Long Ridge and its teachers and would happily go back if they could.

Posted October 04, 2013
I am a parent of three who all attend The Long Ridge School. Like many I was unsure about where to send my children when I first began to research primary education and was overwhelmed with the options. I couldn't be happier with the decision to send my family to LRS. The positive environment, the educational philosophy that children learn best in small, caring, and challenging environments really works. All three of my children have different personalities, strengths and weaknesses and each has flourished based on the personal attention received. The ability to identify and strengthen challenging areas while motivating and developing strengths is inspiring to witness. I was public school educated through high school and always believed that because I did well and was successful that public school would be fine. After participating and learning about the latest in educational data and trends and observing how my children have flourished I truly believe in the LRS model. I would highly recommend parents consider sending their children to this wonderful school and visit the open house our request a tour to learn first hand.

Posted April 22, 2013
My son is close to completing his 3rd year at LRS and I couldn't be happier with the quality of education he has received and the loving environment he is a part of every day. We LOVE LRS!!!

Posted April 10, 2013
I visited 10 schools before choosing Long Ridge for my daughter. I drive 25 minutes to bring her to school, and every morning when my daughter enters the classroom I am reminded that Long Ridge is exceptional and worth it! This is an incredibly creative and nurturing environment that promotes critical, independent thinking. The children thrive here in a family like atmosphere with gentle, clear guidance from faculty.

The Long Ridge School