Posted January 13, 2015
My child has attended the Long Ridge School since he was 3 years old. With a focus on academic excellence while keeping the unique qualities of each child in mind, LRS has been a wonderful place for learning for my son. The curriculum really emphasizes a hands-on learning approach with theme driven interdisciplinary lessons. The themes are rich, global & relevant - they equip the child with a solid 21st. Century education. LRS encourages students to think & converse about what they are learning. They read, question, listen and reflect to ensure they have cemented a deeper understanding in the subject matter. They are also encouraged to present their individual thoughts - discuss them, problem solve together in teams via creative ways. LRS has been an exceptional experience & I believe, prepares children well for middle & high school.

Posted January 12, 2015
My sons have attended Long Ridge since they were 2 and have had the great fortune to be part of a learning environment that is meaningful and encourages exploration and expression of ideas. They are part of small classes that allow for close interaction with their teachers who really understand each child's unique personality. Using an interdisciplinary curriculum all the teachers share the common goal of instilling in their students a love of learning. They strive for students to go forth as life long learnes who understand that they are part of a global community.

Posted January 08, 2015
The Long Ridge School is an exemplary early childhood & elementary school! My three children have different styles and approaches to learning and they were all successful and had a wonderful experience at LRS. The small class sizes enable teachers to address various learning styles and teachers really go above and beyond to know each child and support them academically, socially & emotionally. I continue to be impressed by how deeply teachers know my children and the insights they share with me during teacher conferences and in the in-depth narrative reports are invaluable. I can't recommend LRS highly enough; it is a wonderful place to learn and a wonderful community to be a part of.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is the school where my children learned to love learning! The skills they learned at LRS have been the bedrock of the remainder of my children's educational experiences since leaving Long Ridge. Thank you, LRS!

Posted April 29, 2014
Our two children attend Long Ridge School (7 years but who is counting)! They learn in very different ways and at different rates yet each child has grown dramatically, learned a lot and grown in confidence. This result, no doubt is testimony to the school's successful approach in treating each child as unique and valued for his or her ideas and talents. We could not be happier parents given the terrific faculty and staff at Long Ridge and an engaged community of parents.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our family has been at the Long Ridge School for ten years. The teachers are outstanding--each one of them works hard to "get" each child, and treat each child with respect and understanding. My daughter graduated Long Ridge three years ago and has been extremely prepared for the academic and social challenges of middle school. I can't say enough about this wonderful school, and how glad I am that we discovered it.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our family feels extremely fortunate to have found LRS for our son. The students at LRS thrive and truly love going to school. I am impressed with the commitment the faculty and staff show towards the students. Everything is focused to help the students prepare for the future both academically and emotionally.

Posted October 12, 2013
My son loves the Long Ridge School. He looks forward to going to school every day. He is challenged, never bored, and happy to be in an environment that encourages respect and kindness. Long Ridge is not just a school, it is a foundation for a great future of learning!

Posted October 04, 2013
Our two children graduated from The Long Ridge School and were fully prepared for their middle and high school education. Their love of learning can be traced to Long Ridge and its teachers and would happily go back if they could.

Posted October 04, 2013
I am a parent of three who all attend The Long Ridge School. Like many I was unsure about where to send my children when I first began to research primary education and was overwhelmed with the options. I couldn't be happier with the decision to send my family to LRS. The positive environment, the educational philosophy that children learn best in small, caring, and challenging environments really works. All three of my children have different personalities, strengths and weaknesses and each has flourished based on the personal attention received. The ability to identify and strengthen challenging areas while motivating and developing strengths is inspiring to witness. I was public school educated through high school and always believed that because I did well and was successful that public school would be fine. After participating and learning about the latest in educational data and trends and observing how my children have flourished I truly believe in the LRS model. I would highly recommend parents consider sending their children to this wonderful school and visit the open house our request a tour to learn first hand.

The Long Ridge School