Villa Maria Education Center 2

Posted June 19, 2014
The lack of leadership is the largest issue at this school. The principal and education director are disengaged from the education of the children and parents. They are very uninvolved from the day to day in the school. They don't sit in on classes to observe and coach teachers. The teaching is largely left up to individual teachers, many of whom need substantial coaching and lack professionalism. The inconsistency in the teaching quality is a large concern. There is little, if any, guidance provided to the teachers and there is no consistency of curricula throughout the school. They are significantly behind in techonology. The ipads are used for game playing during class time, and the games are not educational. There is almost no communication between the teachers and parents except for a ten minute conference three times per year. For the price of tuition, you would expect a lot more.

Posted January 06, 2012
Villa Maria was the perfect environment for our son who was diagnosed with dyslexia. After struggling in the public school setting, our son attended Villa for grades 3-5. Villa provided excellent academic supports, a culture of respect and inclusiveness and a caring academic staff and administration. Our family recently moved out of the area and we decided to have our son enter back into the regular education setting. His academic and social acclimation was immediate and seamless. The independent study skills he gained at Villa have provided him with such a strong foundation, we have no doubt that he will excel in academics always and be prepared to handle any challenge he encounters. He is a confident and self assured learner. We are grateful for all that Villa did to help our son grow in spirit and ability.

Posted September 14, 2011
My daughter started at Villa last year. When she arrived, she had little confidence and her testing was terrible. She assessed far below grade level. During the year she received appropriate supports and by the end of the year she assessed at or above grade level in most areas. Moreover, she blossomed. She is confident and most of all, she's happy. No school is perfect, but if you have a child with learning disabilities, Villa's an excellent place for them to be.

Posted September 14, 2011
My son has attended Villa Maria for a year and 1/2 and we are so blessed that he goes there. We found Villa through my attorney who recommended it. Boy was he right, it is the perfect enviroment for my son. He used to cry everyday before going to his hometown school now he wakes with a smile. Everyone there makes a real effort to connect with each child. I drive almost an hour each day one way to have my son attend Villa and I would drive more if I needed to have him feel as successful and confident as Villa has made him.We previously went to Lindamood Bell and it is a wonderful program also, but for a school enviroment you can't ask for better then Villa!

Villa Maria Education Center 2

Posted June 23, 2011
The problem is the school is very small and the staff is uneven in their quality of teaching. I found better results with Lindamood Bell than this school. Their is no true leadership at the school, and they have not kept up with the latest in teaching or technology. My son attended three years, and was bullied, the staff did nothing to address these issues. Very phoney about their concerns for children.

Posted July 22, 2007
My child will be returning again to Villa Maria this Fall. I cannot say enough positive things about the school environment and the individual attention that the teachers give. My child is a typical child who is an uneven learner. He excels in some areas beyond grade level and is below in other areas. The teachers are well versed in many different types of learning programs so that they can devise a truly individualized program to meet the needs of your child. Villa is a kind and caring atmosphere where every child is treated like a star. Self confidence is the most importantly thing my child has learned. The principle Sister Carol Ann rules a tight ship and does not have a tolerance for behavioral problems. I appreciate students are asked to leave that do not adhere to school rules or fit in the mission of the school.

Posted June 24, 2007
Villa Maria has been very beneficial for our son, who will begin his third year in September 2008. The school has a warm environment, caring teachers and a great academic program. Villa has high expectations for academics and behavior of students, which has worked well with our son.

Posted June 05, 2007
I couldn't imagine a more perfect school for my child. The teachers are so committed to the learning needs of each individual child and nurture them as well, creating an environment for academic, emotional & social growth. And to top it all off, the principal is available at any time to address any concern (whether big or small)! What a gem of a school!

Posted September 27, 2004
What they have done for my son who just started his second year at the school is truly remarkable. They changed a little boys life, from a child who couldn't learn to a child who now feels he can do anything. The teachers could not be more caring of each student.

Posted September 22, 2004
Our daughter is starting her second year at Villa Maria. If last year is any indication, she will thrive and excell. The staff are very caring, dedicated people who obviously enjoy working with our children. After 8 years in public schools, our daughter in one year at Villa Maria has improved both socially and academicaly more than we had ever hoped possible. Our only disappointment with Villa Maria is that they only go as far as 8th grade. We hope that our daughter's high school experience will be as spectacular as at Villa Maria.

Villa Maria Education Center
161 Sky Meadow Drive, Stamford, CT  06903
Last modified Villa Maria Education Center is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Villa Maria Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top