Stamford, CT
After care: No

Posted October 19, 2011
This is a magical school where children develop a life long love of learning, a passion for understanding the environment and cultures around them. I am amazed by what my children have learned in just Pre-K (math (addition & subtraction), language (French, Mandarin), musical instruments and musical style recognition, basic science and nature, knowledge about other countries and cultures, - I could go on as it is amazing what they cover. Both my children love the school! The teachers create a nurturing non-pressurized classroom that allows each one to thrive. What a wonderful foundation! I would not send them anywhere else and it is worth the drive (we commute 25 minutes)! Wish is went beyond 3rd grade!!

Posted May 06, 2010
I cannot say enough terrific things about this school. It is a loving, nurturing environment filled with caring, experienced teachers. My pre-K son has has learned so much about art, music, different countries and cultures, plus how to read. And most importantly, he's been really happy there. I only wish the school went up to 12th grade!!

Posted February 23, 2010
I would not send my children anywhere else. I am proud to be a Canaan Ridge parent and am especially pleased with my son's development. He receives personal attention from all the teachers and thrives in the Canaan Ridge environment. The teachers are lovely, educated, and nurturing. Ms. Virginia, the principal, creates magic at this school. Canaan Ridge is exceptional. If you want the best for your children, you should look no further than Canaan Ridge.

Posted September 12, 2008
As a graduate of Ms. Sarvalon's school, it is a great honor to say that my development started early thanks to this institution. She and her staff sped my learning processes and facilitated my becoming a well balanced person. I have since been educated by the Jesuit's at Santa Clara University earning a bachelor's degree in Art History. I continued on to become a chef with the Culinary Institute of America. I can only now understand how her base teachings and ethical lessons compound her idealistic principals of concentration, sharing and expression. These lessons have deeply manifested themselves in my adult personality and enriched my life. I am now the steward of a property in Montana. As a graduate of one of her early classes, it is with great pleasure and adulation that I recommend her and the school with the highest esteem.

Posted March 10, 2007
The Canaan Ridge School is a magical place. A longstanding experienced Headmistress adds a dimension to the academic and learning environment that is both innovative and nurturing. The emphasis on the world as a whole, not only the immediate community, introduces the children to a love of learning on a global scale. Arts and music are interwoven into the basic academic program providing a whole subject perspective to learning.

The Canaan Ridge School 3

Posted December 18, 2006
I concur with the 2004 review of Canaan Ridge preschool - while Canaan Ridge has great facilities, impressive extracurricular activities, wonderful philosophy, and enthusiastic principal, it feels at times that the school spends more energy impressing the parents rather than caring for the students.

Posted October 20, 2005
I am the mother of three Canaan Ridge students from Kindergarten to First. As a protective parent, a critical reader of both curriculum and character, I give Canaan Ridge the highest possible rating. The principal, Virginia Sarvalon, and her staff (teaching and administrative) know each child in the school well. It's a nurturing environment for young children--with Virginia's own hawk-eye on each child's academic progress. In the context of a small, personal, warm place it would be difficult to imagine more rigorous academic standards. I am very, very happy my children are there and strongly recommend The Canaan Ridge school to other parents.

Posted April 12, 2005
In response to the June 2004 posting, I would like to say that as a parent of a child that required more than the ordinary school setting, my son thrived at Canaan Ridge. The teachers were always positive and consistent in their educational approach to all the children. Teachers were well trained in giving personalized attention to my child, who wanted help in going beyond regular curriculum but needed help in becoming more at home with early social skills such as taking turns and sharing. Canaan Ridge School remains my son s best educational experience to date.

Posted October 28, 2004
Our three children attended Canaan Ridge from nursery through kindergarten. The director and her teachers provide a nurturing enviroment combining education with music,art,dance from different parts of the world.The staff is caring and loving. The The school gave our children an excellent platform for their continuing studies in higher grades. We give the school the highest rating!

The Canaan Ridge School 3

Posted June 27, 2004
Our experience was only preschool. Canaan Ridge has a lovely facility and setting. The 1-5 curriculum seems wordly and expressive. However the preschool teachers have very little experience. The staff therefor are challenged to handle any but the most cooperative and passive students. Administration is unsympathetic to special needs of any sort.

The Canaan Ridge School
2810 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT  06903
Last modified The Canaan Ridge School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
The Canaan Ridge School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top