Posted July 07, 2014
I think this school is great. It prepared me so much for college. As I have graduated from this school it has given me the tool to succeed i college. I graduated with 9 college credits and I proud to say that I graduated from such a great institution. They have an amazing staff and if you have a bad time there it is usually the fault of the students. You sometimes need to go out of your way to get help or meet people but then after that the school is great. Now I close to going to med school and achieving my dream just because AITE gave me a great foundation.

Posted April 02, 2014
We moved to Stamford from Westchester County. The school my son was attending there was wonderful, so I was worried about moving him to a new shcool disctrict. I'm so glad we did. Before my son started AITE, we were told that it's like getting a private school education at the affordable costs of public school. This has turned out to be the case. Small classes and a great faculty and adminstration who care and are always there for the students. My son loves this school and so do I.

The Academy Of Information Technology 4

Posted June 19, 2013
AITE has proved very beneficial to my son. He has a wonderful guidance councelor and there are many wonderful "above par" teachers. There is a wide variety of students with many different cultural backgrounds, but with this, each kid "fits in". It is refreshing to hear my son say that everyone respects each other for their individuality. There are lots of courses, both AP and college credit as well as many clubs to join. The only downfall I would say would be no sports teams and no school theater. But the kids can take a bus to their district school to participate. Would be nice to see in the future the addition of sports and theater. Will definately consider this school for my next son in line.

Posted March 29, 2013
We love this school for our children! The opportunities available are amazing! There is no other school like it in all of Fairfield County. Excellent!

The Academy Of Information Technology 1

Posted July 23, 2012
AITE in Stamford have a serious problem helping kids with learning disabilities. At least that is my case and my experience after one year fighting the Norwalk Board of Education and AITE. IS THE FEDERAL LAW !!!! A parent fill and won a complaint against this school with the CT State Department of Education and I want to share the orders and findings with all the parents of CT. This report can be use by any lawyer or parent of which the programs, accommodations and help had been denied by any school in Connecticut. This is a legal reference and is the first time that happen in the state. I hope this will help the kids and parent of which this help had been denied, they usually do it because the district count that the parents have not the knowledge of the law or the economic power to take the fight to the end. We the parents have the obligation to fight for our kids and give them the opportunity to be successful. Do not be afraid to fill a complaint at the CT State Dept of Education. REMEMBER THAT THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN IS IN OUR HANDS !!!!!!

Posted April 05, 2011
My son has been going to AITE for two years now and I have to say, I love it - and so does he!! He gets up every morning at 5:30 just to go to this school when he can sleep til 7 and still make the local school bus. And he has never missed a bus!! He is taking college credit courses and will probably graduate with about 18 college credits. Mr. Gross is a fantastic principal - he truly cares - he is tough but fair - you cannot ask for a better principal. And the teachers are wonderful. When my son was getting low grades but perfect test scores, I received a call from the teacher that his average was only a "B" instead of the A+ it should have been. Where do they find these teachers?? They call when a "B" is not good enough?!? It's wonderful. And I have gotten calls that were just to compliment my son!! My son is also on a 504 plan and the special ed department has been wonderful to him and getting him the assistance he needs.

Posted December 08, 2010
AITE has been a wonderful fit for my child! From the Principal, Paul Gross on down, I have found the instructors and administrators (with a few exceptions) to be involved, empathetic, supportive individuals and enthusiastic teachers. This is a small school and the calibre of support staff (office, security, custodial, etc) seems to be excellent, too. The curriculum is what you make of it and they will work with students and families to plan a challenging schedule for the highest achiever as well as a less demanding course load for a student who might be struggling. While no school is perfect, I can only say I would recommend AITE without qualification.

Posted May 03, 2010
AITE is excellent. My child loves the technology throughout the school. The science teacher prepares so many engaging lessons. Wonderful trips to support learning have gone on all year. My favorite was the astronaut visit. Excellent.

The Academy Of Information Technology 0

Posted March 25, 2010
My daughter spent 1 year at Stamford High School and was completely overwhelmed. Although all her friends were there, she chose to apply to AITE and thankfully she was accepted. Although her time in high school was not easy, it turned out to be the best place for her. When she struggled in Algebra, and I met with the teacher and principal, they provided options such as tutoring, taking add'l math classes for help etc. Not only did she graduate, but she turned her whole attitude about school around and is now on the Dean's list in college. For me, major benefits were, the school is smaller, on line access to all teachers/administrators and I was constantly involved in school activities. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

The Academy Of Information Technology 1

Posted January 21, 2010
Our son has decided to leave AITE, and attend our local school. His major gripe was with the teachers. Several were great, but most did not challenge him. And, some seemed to border on being incompetent. The hype about each kid having a computer, and it being integrated into the ciriculum, is just that, hype. He did not get his computer until early November (a common problem), and it did not hurt his ability function in the classes. I guess if your child's only option is Stamford HS or Westhil, AITE may be a better option, but don't think that it rates up there with suburban area schools.

The Academy Of Information Technology
381 High Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT  06905
Last modified The Academy Of Information Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Academy Of Information Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top