Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Definetly the best public high school in Stamford. The small school atmosphere and out of district pool of students surely creates a unique and accepting environment. The school provides excellent resources to students (whether they use it or not!) and the teachers are passionate with what they do. They want to see the kids succeed and do well. This is a school of choice so the clientele is of a higher caliber. Would recommend this school to those who do not want to send their children to the other crumbling high schools in town.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Principal of AITE does not require teachers to reach out to parents with concerns prior t I a student falling behind. Communication between School faculty and parents is reactive, not proactive. There is an arrogance about the school which implies that all high school age students should have the skills in place already to live up t o their full potential and if not "tough luck". If you have a very driven, focused, high achieving student they should be okay. If you are the parent of a student in need of any support or guidance look elsewhere for a High School. Just do yourself and your family a favor and don't look in Stamford.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I am a parent with a student in this school. The Principal of AITE, Tima Rivera, seems to have two distinct characters. One that she portrays at school meetings Board of Ed meetings and to parents that don't challenge or show concerns about Teachers or any school policy. However, the other side of her character appears when she or anyone under her purview is respectfully challenged. Under the first circumstances she is bubbly and pleasant. Under the latter circumstances, when someone with her position and authority is really called upon to effect change she is sorely lacking in objectivity and open mindedness. Although Stamford Public Schools support Parent/teacher communication in theory, and. Rivera believes in this selectively. Perhaps because the other Stamford Public High Schools are so overcrowded and underperforming Ms. Rivera feels she does not feel she ha to support the lower socio economic Stamford parents based on their limited educational options for their children. Ms. Rivera needs to remember she is not a teacher advocate and teacher rights defender who should be citing Union rhetoric to parents to justify teachers neglect of students educational needs. Parents are students advocates and not out to give a difficult time to her or the teachers. Parents are busy too. If they are coming to the Principal with concerns they are doing so because they know that their child's educational needs are not being addressed. They need to truly be heard, not to be belittled, handled and dismissed. Parents have something to say and their feedback should be valued in practice, not just in theory. So far AITE has shown no care or knowledge about who my child is and how to help my child reach goals, maintain motivation and love of learning and reach full academic and personal potential. This is not possible unless the student is valued and their strengths, as well as their weaknesses?, are recognized and nurtured. All students and parents should be valued at AITE, not just some. I hope this response will reach the hands of seone who can affect positive change at AITE, a Stamford Public School. Thank you, A very concerned AITE parent and Stamford resident.

I think this school is great. It prepared me so much for college. As I have graduated from this school it has given me the tool to succeed i college. I graduated with 9 college credits and I proud to say that I graduated from such a great institution. They have an amazing staff and if you have a bad time there it is usually the fault of the students. You sometimes need to go out of your way to get help or meet people but then after that the school is great. Now I close to going to med school and achieving my dream just because AITE gave me a great foundation.

We moved to Stamford from Westchester County. The school my son was attending there was wonderful, so I was worried about moving him to a new shcool disctrict. I'm so glad we did. Before my son started AITE, we were told that it's like getting a private school education at the affordable costs of public school. This has turned out to be the case. Small classes and a great faculty and adminstration who care and are always there for the students. My son loves this school and so do I.

AITE has proved very beneficial to my son. He has a wonderful guidance councelor and there are many wonderful "above par" teachers. There is a wide variety of students with many different cultural backgrounds, but with this, each kid "fits in". It is refreshing to hear my son say that everyone respects each other for their individuality. There are lots of courses, both AP and college credit as well as many clubs to join. The only downfall I would say would be no sports teams and no school theater. But the kids can take a bus to their district school to participate. Would be nice to see in the future the addition of sports and theater. Will definately consider this school for my next son in line.

We love this school for our children! The opportunities available are amazing! There is no other school like it in all of Fairfield County. Excellent!

AITE in Stamford have a serious problem helping kids with learning disabilities. At least that is my case and my experience after one year fighting the Norwalk Board of Education and AITE. IS THE FEDERAL LAW !!!! A parent fill and won a complaint against this school with the CT State Department of Education and I want to share the orders and findings with all the parents of CT. This report can be use by any lawyer or parent of which the programs, accommodations and help had been denied by any school in Connecticut. This is a legal reference and is the first time that happen in the state. I hope this will help the kids and parent of which this help had been denied, they usually do it because the district count that the parents have not the knowledge of the law or the economic power to take the fight to the end. We the parents have the obligation to fight for our kids and give them the opportunity to be successful. Do not be afraid to fill a complaint at the CT State Dept of Education. REMEMBER THAT THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN IS IN OUR HANDS !!!!!!

My son has been going to AITE for two years now and I have to say, I love it - and so does he!! He gets up every morning at 5:30 just to go to this school when he can sleep til 7 and still make the local school bus. And he has never missed a bus!! He is taking college credit courses and will probably graduate with about 18 college credits. Mr. Gross is a fantastic principal - he truly cares - he is tough but fair - you cannot ask for a better principal. And the teachers are wonderful. When my son was getting low grades but perfect test scores, I received a call from the teacher that his average was only a "B" instead of the A+ it should have been. Where do they find these teachers?? They call when a "B" is not good enough?!? It's wonderful. And I have gotten calls that were just to compliment my son!! My son is also on a 504 plan and the special ed department has been wonderful to him and getting him the assistance he needs.

AITE has been a wonderful fit for my child! From the Principal, Paul Gross on down, I have found the instructors and administrators (with a few exceptions) to be involved, empathetic, supportive individuals and enthusiastic teachers. This is a small school and the calibre of support staff (office, security, custodial, etc) seems to be excellent, too. The curriculum is what you make of it and they will work with students and families to plan a challenging schedule for the highest achiever as well as a less demanding course load for a student who might be struggling. While no school is perfect, I can only say I would recommend AITE without qualification.

Last modified The Academy Of Information Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.