Bad
Good

Posted August 12, 2014
Of the 5 Stamford elementary schools I've worked in, Toquam is the best by far ... hands down. The staff is totally committed to the students and the kids are happy. It's a family atmosphere.

Posted October 18, 2013
Our 2 boys are at Toquam and we are very happy!! The staff, teachers and principal, etc all excellent! A great school for our children.

Toquam Magnet School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
My school has a very nice discipline among the students teachers are very hardworking and nice to the kids.

Posted August 17, 2013
Toquam is excellent because the School staff is always aware, attentive and safe. Parents who watch there children come home with such joy because they had a great learning experience and fun at school is what all parents dream of . This is why i pick such an amazing school.

Posted August 13, 2010
I heard many positive reviews before we sent our son to Toquam but the actually experience is even better! Teachers are wonderful, programs are challenging (even in kindergarten) and the parent turnout at events very impressive.

Posted February 25, 2010
I am now graduating to high school and to this day i remember every thing that happened in Toquam. My 6 years there has been the best years of my life. Send your baby here, it is the best school ever.

Posted February 21, 2010
A wonderful school, the kids are mature, engaged and bright. If you have a chance to participate in the lottery, do it - it's my #1 choice!

Toquam Magnet School 4

Posted February 02, 2010
I have two kids going to this school and I find it amazing. Teachers are very hard working and if parents try as well at home, the results will be even better.

Posted March 01, 2009
My child moved to this school from another very good public school. I was suprised by the quality of work he was expected to do. With the professional teacher he has kept up with the others in his class but it is so unfortunate that he did not attend this school since kindergarten. I don't understand who a school district can have such differt standards for the district vs magnet schools. I am happy for my child but sad for all the children not being educated to the high standards in our magnet schools.

Posted May 30, 2008
Love it. High parent/family turnout at all the gatherings, the teachers are wonderful, my son loves his kindergarten class. Though the kids borrow books of their own choosing from the school library (with some expected supervision regarding age- and topic-appropriateness), there is also a 'teacher's pick' for each child to take home and return at week's end; these books are chosen with regard to the child's reading ability. The ones selected for my son included subjects like space, the human skeletal system, sharks--not necessarily topics he would have chosen on his own, but ones he was fascinated by nonetheless. So the teachers are not just covering the fundamentals but challenging and broadening them beyond their current interests.

Toquam Magnet School
123 Ridgewood Ave, Stamford, CT  06907
Last modified Toquam Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.