Bad
Good

This school is an amazing school except for the fact that there is a lot of bullying and inappropriate cursing. I moved my daughter to cloonan the next month and it was absolutely amazing! Even though its not a magnet school it is very nice. The teachers are funny and the structure of the school is more professional. The average of kids are friendly and security guards/Mr.Tate are very trained! Stamford Governor and mayor arrived and congratulated for top education,

Been here 3 years I live the teachers and I think this is one if the best school and I love it here.

I am a sixth grader at Scofield and I'm currently having the best year of my life! All my teachers are great and really supportive of our learning. Although they can be tough on us, it's for our own good. I have really learned a lot this year at scofield and I am really glad I moved from private school to Scofield.

Great school, dedicated teachers. I would suggest to those who are unhappy with the school, take your child to your district school. No one is making you send your children there. As for the test scores, I would do more research. Scofield has the highest scores in Stamford (year after year). The teachers are educated and push students to work to their potential so that they may succeed throughout their academic years.

My school is pretty good I just had my first year there and it was pretty cool. The teachers challenge you but then there are teachers that favor. I like that the teachers can be fun but are serious during our education. My school can improve on an auditorium and not running for 10 minutes in gym, because some people have asthma and some people will pass out one day.

Excellent school with dedicated administration and teachers. These students have opportunities not available to other students in other schools. Was at another school last year, but luckily got in this year - no comparison to our district school. The teachers here actually teach and, more importantly, inspire the students to learn through challenging curriculum and encouragement. The district school wasn't the least bit challenging. Numerous students here that also had gone to private school for elementary years, but once they were accepted at Scofield, the parents preferred Scofield over some of the private schools. Make no mistake, if your child attends, they should be prepared to work. But, they will be very well prepared for high school.

Was really happy that my son got in the lottery, and heard great things about the school. 2 years on - our experience has been very mixed. The majority of teachers are lazy and should have retired years ago, the teaching is geared to the lowest common denominator students. Some of the teachers are downright rude and would have been disciplined in the other non-magnet schools. Bottom line - either leave your kid in the other middle schools or pay for a true private school.

Scofield is the best school in Stamford, CT. Teachers are very devoted to students. All equipments are up to date Very encourage environment to engage learning. From homework assignment you can know there is wisdom behind the design.

This is an excellent school equal to any of the private schools in the area. The facilities are beautiful and amazing compared to other public schools in Stamford. Students will be well-prepared for high school challenges after 3 years here. Teachers are above average. They could improve their homework policy which can be challenging to students who work at a slower pace. Science and technology curriculum is superior. This year they offered Chinese language for the first time. This is a magnet school, so admission is via lottery process only, but it is worth trying for. You will not be disappointed.

All three of my daughters were challenged in Math, Science and Technology at this school. They are all either in college or graduating now. While we opted for private high school, their intererst in the Sciences were developed here. In addition, the skills they learned during the 8th grade Exhibition process proved very valuable. Their presentation skills exceeded that of their peers often earning them high grades when they had to present in high school and college classes. We have been out of the school for a number of years now. However, we highly recommend it to anyone who would like to see their children's interest in Math, Science and Technology grow.

Last modified Scofield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.