Stamford, CT

Posted July 22, 2014
I just graduated from here in June. It is AWESOME! I'm going to Scofield Middle School this year, though. The teachers are really fun, and the things you can do there are great. Although, the school needs more funding. We have to share a gym with a cafeteria, the auditorium seats are pretty small, but overall, it's perfect there. There's no bullying that I EVER in my life experienced and the 5th graders are fun xD Send your child there!

Posted October 24, 2013
We were blessed to get our daughter in to K by lottery. In fact, we lost hope until we received a call in early June from the BOE. Hart was our only choice when we submitted our application for lottery in 2012. Our daughter is only 4-1/2, she is a little younger than most kids in K but she has soon fit right in because she has a superb class teacher who took the time to get to know her and helps her overcome her shyness. She loves it. The assistant principal met us at orientation and my daughter would go into the classrooms to play with other kids, nor did she allow me to attend the presentation at orientation. We were hanging in the hallway; Mrs. Mara came up to introduce herself and gave us a personal tour leading us to different rooms. She sure knows how to break the ice. My daughter remembered she saw the Arts, Music and computer rooms when she visited Hart the very first time till this day. She took the extra step to make us feel welcomed, which says a lot especially there were so many students in the school. Past few months since school has started, I spoke to other parents who have or had children of the own in or already left Hart Magnet. I only hear praises.

Posted October 12, 2013
I like the Hart school, and I am thoroughly impressed with All the Teachers and Staff. I am the grandmother of two children, one in Kindergarten and one in First grade. Since they started school at the end of August, they told me how much they like the school and the teachers. In even in this short time, there has been all around improvement. They look forward to going to school every day. And you can see how much they like their teachers by their smiley faces when with them. Meeting the Teachers, I felt they're commitment to quality, professionalism, knowledge, caring for the individual child, they're connection and they're enthusiasm. This school offers so many educational opportunities and help for the children; such as, Computer lab, Music, Art, and PE, multi-times/wk, etc. I love the Hart School's environment, which from the moment you enter the school, you are enveloped with Positive Themes, and Positive, Cheerful, Professional Attitudes. Most importantly your grabbed by the Children's Art, they're Pictures and they're handwritten notes. The Hart school has a playground, attached to the school. The playground needs to be improved and refurbished.

Posted May 28, 2010
I am the parent of a KG'ner at Hart Magnet School. We love the friendly and personal feel. The management and teachers are great and very approachable. The emphasis on Science and Maths is very visible in their curriculum and teaching approach. The mini - courses and advanced batch for performing students are very helpful.

Posted January 30, 2008
I am the parent of a first grader at Hart Magnet School. We love the family atmosphere and small class size. In addition to the traditional elementary curriculum, we appreciate that our son participates in additional technology, science, and enrichment classes, as well as 'Mini-courses' of his choice.

Posted January 30, 2008
This is a wonderful school with an amazingly dedicated, capable and caring teaching staff who continue to inspire my children on a daily basis. With a 3 child run (2001 to 2015), I continue to feel so grateful for the challenging science/technology curriculum. The new administration is fantastic.

Posted January 28, 2008
I am the parent of a kindergarten aged child at Hart Magnet School. My daughter has thrived here. The teachers and administration are outstanding and they create a small, loving atmosphere for every child in the school. The science and technology program is incredibly valuable and exceptionally well run. I would recommend this school to any parent, without hesitation.

Posted January 28, 2008
My child is in the 1st grade at Hart school and loves it. The science and technology programs are enriching and enthusiastically engage the children on these topics. I'm amazed by some of the things the children have learned at this young age. Not only are they learning to read and write but they are challenged into learning about the amazing world of science. The teachers, parents and new administration are wonderful. With the new administration I have already seen some encouraging changes and I foresee a bright future for the students and teachers at Hart School.

Posted January 28, 2008
Our 1st grade son is thriving at Hart Magnet school. What initially attracted us to the school was the technology and science program and we are not disappointed with our lottery choice. Our son was excited to learn he had more computer time and he is more willing to learn using this method. The science enrichment program has exposed him wonderful new things through artwork, song and a little dancing. He consistently applies what he learned in school to everyday life. Additionally, the small class sizes afford children great attention they would not receive elsewhere. We look forward to collaborating with the new administration on successful education tactics and growing our Hart family in the future.

Posted January 22, 2008
I am very impressed with Hart school. Hart is one of the Stamford Magnet schools and is the only elementary school with a Science and Technology focused curriculum. The school receives extra resources for the Science and Technology focus and it benefits the children tremendously. Science and Techonology are interwoven throughout our child's entire learning experience, from the science lab to the music room to the art studio. It is quite impressive. The K-2 Science enrichment program goes beyond amazing. As a parent, I could not believe what my 1st grader learned and retained. Hart Magnet is one of the best kept secrets in Stamford.

Hart School
61 Adams Ave, Stamford, CT  06902
Last modified Hart School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hart School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top