Stamford, CT

Posted June 15, 2015
To summarize this is an awesome school, my daughter loves it very much and sad her first year (K) is ending. I am impressed by how much she learned in one year and finished way above the required levels in reading and math. The principal is so involved in everything and shows how much she cares to provide the best education at Hart. The teachers are very caring and give individualize attention to students where needed. Everyone at Hart is great, making you feel welcomed and special. Towards end of our first year 2015, I felt even more special everytime I dropped my daughter off infront of the school at the curve and someone came to my car and opened the door so my daughter can get out. I have the child security lock on the door since she sits next to it and always had to get off my car to opened the door. Every day after they started doing this, I felt I was driving up to a 5-Star Hotel.

Posted December 23, 2014
Nurturing administration, excellent teachers ! We had a wonderful experience with Hart and can't say enough about its quality! This elementary school rivals the best private schools in Connecticut for education, nurturing and values.

Posted July 24, 2014
Last year was our the first year that both my children attend Hart transferred from our district elementary. We absolutely love Hart. Our son has excelled in the past year, his reading tops the chart, he is at the highest DRA for a first grader. Teachers for both my children were excellent, attentive, patient, caring and encouraging. So are the principal and assistant principal, they are very approachable and responsive. The school PTO formed by many parents were very involved and dedicated to making each student and their parents feel welcomed to their school. We can't be happier and look forward to get involved in the PTO as well.

Posted July 22, 2014
I just graduated from here in June. It is AWESOME! I'm going to Scofield Middle School this year, though. The teachers are really fun, and the things you can do there are great. Although, the school needs more funding. We have to share a gym with a cafeteria, the auditorium seats are pretty small, but overall, it's perfect there. There's no bullying that I EVER in my life experienced and the 5th graders are fun xD Send your child there!

Posted October 24, 2013
We were blessed to get our daughter in to K by lottery. In fact, we lost hope until we received a call in early June from the BOE. Hart was our only choice when we submitted our application for lottery in 2012. Our daughter is only 4-1/2, she is a little younger than most kids in K but she has soon fit right in because she has a superb class teacher who took the time to get to know her and helps her overcome her shyness. She loves it. The assistant principal met us at orientation and my daughter would go into the classrooms to play with other kids, nor did she allow me to attend the presentation at orientation. We were hanging in the hallway; Mrs. Mara came up to introduce herself and gave us a personal tour leading us to different rooms. She sure knows how to break the ice. My daughter remembered she saw the Arts, Music and computer rooms when she visited Hart the very first time till this day. She took the extra step to make us feel welcomed, which says a lot especially there were so many students in the school. Past few months since school has started, I spoke to other parents who have or had children of the own in or already left Hart Magnet. I only hear praises.

Posted October 12, 2013
I like the Hart school, and I am thoroughly impressed with All the Teachers and Staff. I am the grandmother of two children, one in Kindergarten and one in First grade. Since they started school at the end of August, they told me how much they like the school and the teachers. In even in this short time, there has been all around improvement. They look forward to going to school every day. And you can see how much they like their teachers by their smiley faces when with them. Meeting the Teachers, I felt they're commitment to quality, professionalism, knowledge, caring for the individual child, they're connection and they're enthusiasm. This school offers so many educational opportunities and help for the children; such as, Computer lab, Music, Art, and PE, multi-times/wk, etc. I love the Hart School's environment, which from the moment you enter the school, you are enveloped with Positive Themes, and Positive, Cheerful, Professional Attitudes. Most importantly your grabbed by the Children's Art, they're Pictures and they're handwritten notes. The Hart school has a playground, attached to the school. The playground needs to be improved and refurbished.

Posted May 28, 2010
I am the parent of a KG'ner at Hart Magnet School. We love the friendly and personal feel. The management and teachers are great and very approachable. The emphasis on Science and Maths is very visible in their curriculum and teaching approach. The mini - courses and advanced batch for performing students are very helpful.

Posted January 30, 2008
I am the parent of a first grader at Hart Magnet School. We love the family atmosphere and small class size. In addition to the traditional elementary curriculum, we appreciate that our son participates in additional technology, science, and enrichment classes, as well as 'Mini-courses' of his choice.

Posted January 30, 2008
This is a wonderful school with an amazingly dedicated, capable and caring teaching staff who continue to inspire my children on a daily basis. With a 3 child run (2001 to 2015), I continue to feel so grateful for the challenging science/technology curriculum. The new administration is fantastic.

Posted January 28, 2008
I am the parent of a kindergarten aged child at Hart Magnet School. My daughter has thrived here. The teachers and administration are outstanding and they create a small, loving atmosphere for every child in the school. The science and technology program is incredibly valuable and exceptionally well run. I would recommend this school to any parent, without hesitation.

Hart School
61 Adams Ave, Stamford, CT  06902
Last modified Hart School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hart School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top