Posted February 20, 2014
We have a first grader and third grader at Newfield. We are VERY pleased with what are kids are learning. They both have wonderful teachers who challenge them to do their best each and every day!! Only negative is that the school is no longer a neighborhood school that we brought into. We are overall extremely happy!!

Newfield School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter is in the first grade and we live in the neighborhood. We are so upset with her classroom makeup, there is not one kid from the neighborhood. We paid a premium to live in the neighborhood and am not realizing why. Stop busing kids all of the city, it doesn't benefit anyone. Stamford schools are terrible, don't send your kids to these schools.

Newfield School 1

Posted October 24, 2012
My daughter currently attends Newfield Elementary. I am not, at all, impressed with any of the staff. There is NO connection between staff and parents, as far as I see. Events don't run on time, they didn't get our bus schedule right until 3 weeks after school started (though I did all I could well in advance, and it tok even longer to settle my daughter's lunch situation. It seems like the staff don't even communicate with each other. Newfield is a mess. Thank Goodness it will be my daughter's last year there.

Posted April 09, 2012
My daughter has spent 6 years at Newfield, and has really blossomed. The teachers are wonderful, academics are strong. They offer a lot of extras like 5th grade play and nature's classroom, annual science fair that many other stamford schools do not. The teachers are very fair within the classroom.; and, they push each child based on his or her capacity to strive for excellence. Academics in the higher grades are specially excellent. The principal is very good at maintaining order, discipline, and high safety standards at the school.

Posted February 05, 2012
From the moment we entered the school we felt part of a large family. Everywhere we went we kept being told something was wrong with our child. Never did anyone ever think to delve a little deeper and uncover if perhaps the child was bored. Finally our wonderful leader at Newfield brought in "the discovery team" to learn all the facts. Guess what? Our child is flourishing and has lots of new friends who think very highly of him. Wonderful teachers compliment the fabulous leadership. A wonderful PTO closes the deal. Thank you Newfield!!!!!!!!

Posted March 25, 2011
My two boys attended Newfield from K-5 and had a wonderful experience. They were challenged academically in most cases, made great friendships and had excellent teachers throughout. The school always tests above the state averages... And it's clearly due to the strong teachers. Of the 12 teachers we encountered, only one was a dud, and she's now left the school... And even in that year, my son had a great time. Also important to us was the sense of community... By the time our boys moved on to middle school, I felt like we knew all the other families and had made great friends ourselves.

Posted March 16, 2011
My Daughter is studying in Newfield. We Love this School. Great Improvement in each grade. Mrs . walker Thumbs Up :)

Newfield School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
I love Newfield because it provides a sense of community for all the students and parents that attend as well as a caring and nurturing environment for its student.

Posted April 14, 2010
I am disappointed to see such negative reviews of a school that has nurtured and educated all three of my children. My son, a junior at SHS, excelled at Newfield because of the strong academic and extra-curricular activities the school offered. He is now in honors and AP classes and the lessons of community and education instilled in him at Newfield have followed him throughout his years in the SPS. My 8th grader at Ripp is a high honors student and was challenged all his years at Newfield - you as a parent have to ASK for that and not sit back and say that just because you think your child is brilliant that they should be paid attention to 24/7 in the classroom. My daughter is in 4th grade now and is excelling as my sons did.

Newfield School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
My daughter was a kindergartener last year and I was not happy at all with the school. She was miserable and complained that the teacher yelled at the class all of the time. We got redistricted to Davenport Ridge and initially I was really nervous. But after sending my daughter to Davenport I can now see how mediocre Newfield is compared to other schools. Both the principal and assistant principal at Newfield seem disconnected from the parents. Davenport is such a difference with wonderful principals, great teachers and happy students! Thank god we got re-districted!!

Newfield School
349 Pepper Ridge Rd, Stamford, CT  06905
Last modified Newfield School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newfield School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top