Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted August 14, 2015
Great things are happening at Northeast School! Our teachers have been amazing, dedicated and attentive; the parent community is strong and engaged; and we have a wonderful new principal who is thoughtfully guiding the development of a community of 21st century learners. My son is excited and engaged, has developed tremendous confidence, and in the areas where he's working beyond grade level, he's really not been left to fend for himself. We're very happy to call this school "home."

Posted August 13, 2015
We have been at the school for four years now and we have loved every minute of it! I have two children at the school and they are thriving. Not only are they excelling academically, but they learn tolerance, empathy and above all community. The comforting atmosphere at Northeast makes it very easy to send my kids to school every day! WE LOVE NES!!!!!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
NES strives on building a community within and around the school by teaching service, and tolerance to all students.

Posted August 13, 2015
A very loving and caring staff and warm community. Very dedicated teachers who go the extra mile to make learning fun and meaningful. Northeast has been a wonderful school for my children.

Posted August 12, 2015
We love the school!! The teachers are amazing and there is a family-feel to the school. Our son's kindergarden teacher was so sweet, attentive, and knew how to keep the children interested. I would volunteer in the school and get to see hands-on how great the experience was for my son. We are looking forward to another school year.

Posted February 12, 2015
It is fabulous! We love to go there everyday espiely with all the great teachers around!

Northeast School 3

Posted July 02, 2014
My daughter attended first and second grade at Northeast School. I found her teachers to be thoughtful and genuinely interested in the well-being of the children. Like many parents, however, I moved my daughter to private school. The school needs work, has no air conditioning and generally brings few intellectual challenges to the students. My concern, therefore, was that my daughter would become bored with the work being given and lose focus. By comparison, the children in her private school seem far more advanced, both academically and socially. Despite the expense, it was a good choice.

Posted August 18, 2013
We have been at Northeast for 3 years and couldn't be happier with the school, the staff, the parents and the other students! When we moved from NYC we were a little worried about the schools. Our son has had wonderful teachers, he is thriving academically and he is so well adjusted. The school is a very happy, cheery place and parent involvement is strong. I had a chance to meet a ton of students at the annual talent show when my son was in kindergarten. I saw kids of all ethnicities, sexes and ages working together and encouraging each other to do a "great job" performing in front of the audience. I've heard terrible stories about how kids can be so mean to each other, even in elementary school. I was so pleased to see that this is NOT the case at Northeast. The kids seem to very much want to help each other. Even on the bus, the older kids look after the younger kids. There is diversity in the school, as with most city schools. In our minds, our son has had a wonderful opportunity to make friends of all races, in a non-pressure cooker environment, all the while thriving academically.

Posted August 18, 2013
Gearing up for another great year at Northeast! My child has had wonderful, caring teachers in his first two years at Northeast. (Mrs. Cutter is the best kindergarten teacher anywhere!) Academically, my child is ahead of his preschool friends in the neighboring towns (New Canaan and Darien). As far as we can tell, smart kids are challenged and do very well here. Our neighbors kids (our babysitters) and their friends have gone through Northeast, Scofield and Westhill, and have all gone on to great colleges (Dartmouth, Virginia, Middlebury, NYU, etc.) In trying to figure out how this school gets a 6, I can only assume that this relates to the inclusion of one English as a Second Language (ESL) class per year (out of roughly 6 classes). I suspect that if the data were cleaned up to exclude the ESL classes, Northeast would get the rating it deserves - a 9 or 10. The community at Northeast is great. The school productions are funded by the PTO, and I am always amazed both by the quality of the productions and the talent of the children. Parents are actively involved in the classrooms and in events like field day.

Posted May 19, 2010
I love this school because even though it is a large school you still have that small town feeling when walking through the halls.

82 Scofieldtown Rd, Stamford, CT  06903
Last modified Northeast School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top