Stamford, CT

Posted August 18, 2013
We have been at Northeast for 3 years and couldn't be happier with the school, the staff, the parents and the other students! When we moved from NYC we were a little worried about the schools. Our son has had wonderful teachers, he is thriving academically and he is so well adjusted. The school is a very happy, cheery place and parent involvement is strong. I had a chance to meet a ton of students at the annual talent show when my son was in kindergarten. I saw kids of all ethnicities, sexes and ages working together and encouraging each other to do a "great job" performing in front of the audience. I've heard terrible stories about how kids can be so mean to each other, even in elementary school. I was so pleased to see that this is NOT the case at Northeast. The kids seem to very much want to help each other. Even on the bus, the older kids look after the younger kids. There is diversity in the school, as with most city schools. In our minds, our son has had a wonderful opportunity to make friends of all races, in a non-pressure cooker environment, all the while thriving academically.

Posted August 18, 2013
Gearing up for another great year at Northeast! My child has had wonderful, caring teachers in his first two years at Northeast. (Mrs. Cutter is the best kindergarten teacher anywhere!) Academically, my child is ahead of his preschool friends in the neighboring towns (New Canaan and Darien). As far as we can tell, smart kids are challenged and do very well here. Our neighbors kids (our babysitters) and their friends have gone through Northeast, Scofield and Westhill, and have all gone on to great colleges (Dartmouth, Virginia, Middlebury, NYU, etc.) In trying to figure out how this school gets a 6, I can only assume that this relates to the inclusion of one English as a Second Language (ESL) class per year (out of roughly 6 classes). I suspect that if the data were cleaned up to exclude the ESL classes, Northeast would get the rating it deserves - a 9 or 10. The community at Northeast is great. The school productions are funded by the PTO, and I am always amazed both by the quality of the productions and the talent of the children. Parents are actively involved in the classrooms and in events like field day.

Northeast School 0

Posted May 19, 2010
I love this school because even though it is a large school you still have that small town feeling when walking through the halls.

Posted May 24, 2009
Norteast is an excellent elementary school. The teachers & principal are dedicated to the students and are eager to make sure our children are getting an A+ education. I think this website is good in terms of forums and questions, but to rate this school a 5 is ridiculous. Stamford is a CITY, we have non-english speaking students that come into our school and are given a CMT. We are a diverse community, not all of our children are the 'same', which is why our testing comes out lower than other TOWNS. It depends on what you are looking for. Children from all walks of life attend Northeast and all of the Stamford schools. They go on to college being well rounded individuals and are able to adapt well to people and situations very easily. I give Northeast a 10!

Posted March 25, 2009
great teachers and principal! i have two kids at this school and they are both loving it.

Posted November 05, 2008
Our son is in 5th grade and we're extremely pleased with this school. The Principal seems motivated and genuinly invested in the welfare of the kids. We were a bit concerned in the beginning of the year when we learned that our son's teacher is new (from another state) but she's turning out to be one of the best teachers our son has had. I found out from another parent that this particular teacher had job offers from neighboring ('better' ) districts and opted to teach here which tells me that Northeast is serious about pursuing top teachers. Again, very pleased! Wonder why it's only a 5 rating!?

Northeast School 0

Posted January 29, 2008
My daughter is now in 1st Grade and I would like to give special mention to her class teacher - Diana Schuman. She is an excellent teacher and her guidance to parents as well as students is amazing. My daughter is shaping well in her Reading, Writing as well as Math along with her zest for extra curricular activities. -Manali

Posted September 20, 2007
Excellent teachers, phenomenal principal!

Posted April 12, 2007
I like the School on their teaching approach which is good, especially mentoring and grooming children.

Posted January 26, 2007
My daughter is in 2nd grade and her teacher is Ms Metcalf.I would say she is an excellent teacher who has moulded my daughter into an independent thinker and i would say she is the best.I thank her for all the efforts she putsin her students.

Northeast School
82 Scofieldtown Rd, Stamford, CT  06903
Last modified Northeast School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northeast School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top