Rogers International School 4

Posted January 21, 2014
Rogers is a great school, academically, with a diverse student body and dedicated teachers. We are happy to have the opportunity for our children to study there. That being said, if you are looking for a school that fosters a sense of community and a parent-involved approach to learning, this is not it. Direct, schoolwide communication from the principal and vice-principal to the parent community are non-existent and the school can feel nebulous, simply a structure where our children to each day. This is very different from our last school where there was clearly a sense of community and a place for families at the table and strong, encouraging communications from and with school leadership. Still a great school but....

Posted September 10, 2013
I have two children at Rogers, it is excellent. They group the children into small "power teams" for reading and math, and do a great job helping the disadvantaged kids (non-English at for, for example) while still challenging the more advanced students. They really care for all the students and do a great job considering the diverse population.

Posted May 03, 2012
moved my kid here because i didn't like my local public school (darien). here the teachers are GREAT, there is extra help for kids, before and after school care for parents who work and extracurricular activities. teacher really care about the students. the diversity is fantastic. wish they would expand to high school.

Posted July 19, 2011
My kids love Rogers - smaller groups for math and reading really challenge my kids - excellent involved teachers and principal.

Rogers International School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
As an educator, I love what this school does for great achievement and a varied student base.

Posted June 05, 2009
The quality of the education at the International School at Rogers Magnet is outstanding...I would not send my child anywhere else! The International Baccalaureate program is a philosophy that ties everything together and makes learning meaningful and challenging for all students!

Posted September 21, 2008
The high academic quality of Rogers is maintained because students are put in small groups according to their reading and math abilities. Children are often in small groups where real learning occurs. Love the IB emphasis and teachers. A happy place.

Rogers International School 0

Posted September 19, 2008
The school has a great academic program. The teachers are wonderful, warm and caring.

Posted June 25, 2008
We moved from a non-English speaking country early this year and it's my son's first time to enter a school so I'm so afraid that he won't be able to catch up. I was so surprised how quickly he was able to learn the language and how quick he was able to blend with the other kids. My son is now reading, writing and doing very good in class. Thanks to the dedicated staff and principal of Rogers!

Posted February 07, 2008
The International Baccalaureate program at Rogers prepares students for the real world by actively engaging tm in their inquiry. The various classes are connected by the subject being studied, even through the specials such as gym and art. Excellent, dedicated staff and principal.

Rogers International School
83 Lockwood Ave, Stamford, CT  06902
Last modified Rogers International School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rogers International School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top