Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2013
If you are interested in a school that is in a strong and diverse community that is quickly becoming one of the best K-5 programs in Stamford, then Springdale is the place for you. Since coming over from Rogers school, Anne Downey has transformed the school in several aspects. The PTO does a great job with activities throughout the school year with the support of many volunteers that take deep care into providing a quality of life for the community. We haved lived in the Springdale neighborhood for almost 10 years and look forward to both of our sons growing up here.

Posted August 27, 2013
I have been nothing but pleased with Springdale School, and especially since a new principal came in. My oldest daughter just finished there and was placed in all honors classes in middle school. My youngest is still there and has also tested well above average for DRA. The role of parents in their child's education is important for any school - both in academic and social aspects. However, I do think the teachers at Springdale really care about their students, and when parents work together with them, it's the kids who win.

Posted June 11, 2013
I am so happy with our first year at Springdale. My son has almost completed kindergarten, and I can't believe how much he has learned in just one year. The teachers he has worked with are so loving and professional. The curriculum is surprisingly rigorous but manageable. I like that there was homework but not too much of it.

Posted October 28, 2012
My son is new to the school this year and so far I have been impressed with how far he has gotten and his eagerness to learn. Something that he did not have at his previous (private schools) St. Cecilia and Long Ridge School. I was reluctant to send him to a public school but I'm so glad we did. It is is a large school so you do have to deal with influence that other kids have. I found that it happens in private schools as well. Sometimes its worse at the private schools. The only difference is that those kids are better at lying and hiding it I found. I really find that the behavior of the kids is because of lack of parenting. My son has not picked up any bad behavior from the other kids at Springdale. However, I do see it but He has learned that it is wrong. I make sure to follow through. My son has adapted well to the curriculum and his teacher is so far the best teacher he has had compared to the teachers at his private schools. Everyone that works there seems to be very passionate and excited to teach. The PTO works harder than any other schools I've experienced in Stamford. More importantly my son is learning and he loves going to school. This school should be a magnet school

Springdale School 1

Posted August 24, 2012
i think springdale is the worst school there is. the teachers are rude, the students are bullies and my child has been learning the most disgusting and gross inappropriate sexual talk. and my child is is in 2nd and 4th grade. this school needs major help

Posted October 01, 2008
My Kids have exceeded my expecations of what they are learning. My daughter was reading at an advanced level after her kindergarten class. Great job by the teachers and all the staff

Posted June 03, 2006
My kids have attended 3 different elementary schoold in Stamford and Springdale by far exceeds them all. We started out at St. Cecilia's Parochial school moved to Davenport and now are at Springdale. My children and I are happier and more comfortable at this school. They are thriving in their educations as well as socailly. It is an excellent school.

Posted November 19, 2004
Springdale is a wonderful school! The staff is dedicated and caring. Each child's individual needs are met to the best of the teacher's ability. I have been very satisfied with the Springdale on so many different levels. The principal Bob Frangione, is a delight to deal with! He shows an understanding and a loyalty towards his parents. I highly reccomend this school without any reservations whatsoever!

Springdale School
1127 Hope St, Stamford, CT  06906
Last modified Springdale School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.