Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 25, 2016
Great school , no complains. Totally recommended !!! My daughter loves it as she had great teachers who give the best of themself to educate our children the proper way.

Posted November 23, 2014
I have two children in the school, the curriculum is excellent, teachers excellent, staff and principal address issues professionally. I only have nice things to say about this school And parents, community are friendly. Kids are happy. Very friendly atmosphere.

Posted November 08, 2013
Stillmeadow elementary school has technology science media art gym and more educational stuff it is a award winning school

Posted June 04, 2012
I have two children who went through Stillmeadow and they both turned out to be high honors students. The school is spot on with academics and they are focused on the success of the students by giving Principal and Citizenship awards. The parents are very involved and teachers and the Administration work really hard to make this a high performing school. The students love activities like literacy day, math night and field trips.

Posted March 26, 2012
This school is focused on student success. The principal is a visionary that wants the school to bring the students and staff into the 21st Century. Scholarship and Citizenship are the school's major focuses.

Stillmeadow School 1

Posted May 16, 2011
I found this school to be quite good through 3-4 grade for my daughter. The teachers were extremely kind, the children were nice and my daughter really learned something. But all that changed in 5th grade. In October, My daughter was SLAPPED by a student on the playground. She had to change classes. And all through this current year she is in 5th grade, she has been repeatedly harassed by several students. And though the leading teachers are fine, there is one assistant in particular who had been harassing her. And recently, a substitute had her down on her hands and knees picking up dirt that was not even hers. Tissues, Wrappers, pen caps... And then he had the nerve to tell me he believed she had OCD. She has come home crying too many times to count and we are both ready to leave this whole year behind us.

Posted February 01, 2011
My son and my daughter went to stillmeadow, I adore the school. The faculty, administrators and everyone took time and you knew that they actually cared for the student, mentally, physically and academically. I am a very hands on parent and was a part of everything. They did a wonderful job with my children and I am forever greatful.

Posted January 21, 2011
I went to stillmeadow in 2000 till 2006. And all I have to say that it is an amazing school with a amazing staff. I am proud to say that I went to that school. And this a coming from a high honor student at her high school. Thank you stilklmeadow.

Stillmeadow School 2

Posted July 08, 2010
The city of Stamford has one of the highest incomes in CT. Stillmeadow school has performed worse than schools in other CT poorer cities, like Bridgeport. Teacher quality is average, there are good teachers and some not that good. Very good teachers had left the school. The Principal is part of the problem, not the solution. The Principal is responsible for the deterioration in teacher s quality. Parent involvement is average. with very few really committing.

Posted May 20, 2009
I'm a parent of a 2nd Gr & Kindg. Stillmeadow is a wonderful and fine, clean school. I like the fact that the principal has been there over 14 yrs. This school is one of the few that has a FT nurse. I'm a FT working mom, but I do see (from dropping off kids in the AM & events I attend) that there are many moms who are involved & are always around the school. I find alot of comfort in that. In addition, the school is nestled in a nice residentual neighborhood set back off the street. They have a great new playground. My kids participate in various weekly after school programs. Truly great kids, teachrs & staff who care. My kids are reading and doing fine. can't look just at school scores-have to look at your kids and other factors, but don't discount school and everyone's efforts.

Stillmeadow School
800 Stillwater Rd, Stamford, CT  06906
Last modified Stillmeadow School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.