Westhill High School 2

Posted May 27, 2014
I am a former student at Westhill high school. I can say this much about this school and it honestly lacks focus. Focus on the students that are willing to learn. When I went to this school the bad kids got all the attention lectures on how to behave in basically all the classes I went and when class ended we learned nothing at all. The only class I learned in was my agriscience class at Westhill high school they cared about us. They taught me how college can be like and how to handle money as well be social. As I graduated I had a 4.0 I thought I was the smartest kid in that school. As I began my college classes I failed half of the beginning of the semester. I was shocked at that since I used the technique I was taught at Westhill to write a "proper essay" and to "divide that number to this" I was shocked to believe I was badly taught in high school. Luckily I looked up tutoring that saved me from failing. I graduated my college with a nursing degree thanks to the resources at my college and some over night studying or I wouldn't know what would happen to my future. Class of 2012 WHS

Westhill High School 4

Posted January 24, 2013
My two kids are recent graduates of Westhill and I now have the benefit of hindsight in forming my opinion. Both were accepted at top-tier colleges where they excelled academically and socially. I am most proud, however, that they are good people who are comfortable with themselves and with others. I give much of the credit for this to Westhill, and the Stamford Public Schools in general. I'd do it all again, exactly the same way.

Posted January 17, 2013
Westhill High School has a very challenging program of studies. Why else would we get upper classmen transferring from Greenwinch,, New Canaan, Norwalk, and Stamford private schools in their Junior year? It's besause of our wide variety of Advanced Placement classes, great clubs, International travel options, great sports, and a student body that accepts diversity as a norm. Westhill and Proud!!!b

Posted January 17, 2012
My child entered Westhill last year and we are very pleased with it. Yes, it is very large and there are some aspects of the student body that are not all that interested in being in school, but overall, the students are very involved with their classes and extracurricular activities. If your child is an honors or a/p student, they will be very challenged and have opportunities to take far more honors and a/p classes than at most public high schools and certainly at almost all private high schools. the college acceptance list from Westhill is very impressive. Given the size of the student body, when you factor in the college bound members of each class (and take those out who were not college-bound), you will be amazed at the matriculation statistics. we looked at those statistics before we enrolled our child and were VERY impressed. If however, your child is an average student or not college bound, the school may not be the best option.

Westhill High School 2

Posted August 18, 2011
I am currently a senior at this school and this school is definitely under under the standards of the education system. The school doesn't really help students with their future and only acts as a plain gateway to collage providing you no assistance. Most of the teacher are good but suffer due to the fact that they cant control their students. The other not so good teacher don't care about their students and don't go the extra mile to try to help them succeed. The school also seems to be behind in the curriculum seeing as to how most of my friends from other cities have already done before what i am currently learning. The school it self is also small not being able to support the rising number of students. Also the school doesn't have A/C throughout the whole school which really hurts the students and doesn't allow them to properly learn due to the heat. This school really need some strong improvements in many areas.

Posted December 23, 2009

Westhill High School 1

Posted June 04, 2009

Posted November 26, 2008

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted September 11, 2008
I am a Sr. and WHHS is just awesome! Big, clean, cool classrooms and the teachers are nice!

Westhill High School
125 Roxbury Rd, Stamford, CT  06902
Last modified Westhill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westhill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top