PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 25, 2016
St. Mark has a wonderful faculty and staff that truly care about their students. The community as a whole is extremely welcoming.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 18, 2016
The students work to support each other and their community. The service projects are thoughtful and caring. They have done a pencil drive for an inner city school, toy drives, food drives, collected for veterans, help elderly just to name a few.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 18, 2016
The community this school develops is a caring and trusted one. The students volunteer around town including Lord Chamberlain. The students understand they are part of a greater world and work to make it a good place to be.

Posted January 18, 2016
Every time I have walked into the school or mass, the students have been kind and respectful. It is refreshing to be around such polite and personable children.

St Mark School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Do not let the blue ribbon mislead you. Outdated facility, poor individual attention to students, packed to maximum younger grades (they get smaller as students leave the school in higher grades), questionable curriculum (1st gr penguin project is a joke and yet seems to be to focus point of the first few months of the school), science curriculum definitely behind the public schools. Not a pleasant atmosphere to have a child for so many years, the environment is poisoned by parents cliques, which is being passed on children in very young age Yuck! We put our son after two years to public and he s like different person flourishing academically and socially. At last but not least, I noticed that some students were taking test one on one with teacher or her aide. Sorry, but unless student requires documented need for the assistance, it looks like jacking up the test scores to me

Posted August 05, 2014
My kids go to St. Mark School and just love it; as do my wife and I. We know that the education offered is the best gift we can give our children. They are challenged in academics and instilled with faith and values which have built their moral character. St. Mark School is a Blue Ribbon School and so much more!

Posted August 02, 2014
My children love going to school and look forward to it. They feel safe and are thriving in their learning. The school is built around an amazing community of people all who want what's best for the children! A wonderful place to grow.

St Mark School 1

Posted October 25, 2011
My children attended St. Mark school and I they were very unhappy. We have transferred to another catholic school in the Trumbull, CT area and my children love it!! St Catherine in Trumbull is a highly academic school. The children are well prepared for the rigorous work at a high school level. Best decision we made for our children was to transfer them out of St. Mark School.

Posted October 16, 2009
St. Mark Pre School is fabulous! My older 2 children went to another pre-school, but when St. Mark opened a pre-k, I sent my youngest there. I admit I was apprehensive at first, but it over-exceeded my expectations and was far better than our previous pre-k. The best way to describe it is like a giant play-date with crafts, games, LEARNING and fun! The following year my child made a smooth transition into kindergarten and learned to love school!

Posted October 15, 2009
St. Mark School in Stratford, CT has many wonderful attributes. The teachers respond immediately to parental concerns, the students care about each other and about learning, and the principal expertly bridges the gap between the parents and the teachers. My two children attend this school currently and my high school senior attended St. Mark for Kindergarten through grade 8. She was placed in honors classes and AP classes in high school and scored very well on SATs and ACTs. St. Mark school educates the mind and the soul.

500 Wigwam Lane, Stratford, CT  06614