Bunnell High School

Public | 9-12 | 1236 students

Posted September 4, 2010

LOVED IT!! GREAT SCHOOL AWESOME TEACHERS GREAT STAFF AND DR ORR AND ADMIN ROCK!! SERIOUSLY THEY DO.. THEY HAVE STRONG DISCIPLINE AND TEACH RIGHT M ORALS

Posted April 1, 2010

The school is not a good working enviorment. Some teachers have low expectation for students. Teachers allow student to slack causing them to not be able to comprehend in the next learning subject.

Posted September 16, 2009

I got a great high school experience at Bunnell. It was a positive environment and I felt a lot of support form all the faculty and staff. It's a close knit community that feels like home to all its students.

Posted August 10, 2009

Excellent school. Principal is a great guy who really cares about kids. My son played soccer and the athletic director helped us out with a problem...he went out of his way.

Posted March 6, 2008

Right now I am a senior at Bunnell I love it here. This school has prepared me to take the next step in my life. I must agree that Bunnell is overcrowded but I learned that if I just go from class to class I have no problem. I have learned that there are so many teachers that really care about you? If I ever had a problem, the administrators are right there to help you, as are the guidance counselors. Bunnell is a safe school, where there are 2 security guards always on duty making sure that things are safe. Bunnell honestly had everything that I would ever want in my high school. I played sports was in clubs, and got to take amazing electives.

Posted November 14, 2007

Bunnell High School is so overcrowded that the teachers don't remember who they tell what to... My child needs extra help and attention in his studies. Teachers constantly tell my child that they'll give him extra time or help on homework or projects, but, becase they have so many students, they don't remember they've said it and of course, my child suffers the negative repercussions. This school is WAY too overcrowded and if you have a child that needs extra attention, you will not find it at Bunnell.

Posted May 8, 2006

My oldest son graduated from Bunnell High School in 2003. He is currently attending college working towards a degree in Clinical Research. He was able to take a number of 'Advanced Placement' classes at Bunnell. My second son is a sophomore and my third will attend next year. I see this school as a safe and nurturing environment for my children. A large portion of the teaching staff is 30 years old or younger. I believe this to be a tremendous asset. The kids are able to relate better and the teachers are young and full of ideas and the energy to fulfill them. The staff is caring and the curriculum is one of the best in the state. There are many extra curricular activities to choose from with more being created every year. I am very pleased with the experience and education my children receive at Bunnell High School.

Posted January 21, 2006

love the forced integrating of bunnell high. great job, the school is now overcrowded. Now lets try to screw up stratford high. If we cant get an equal amount of races lets import them from neighboring towns and cities. Also when are the teachers going to start teaching, instead of using class time to go over the work that is being sent home for the parents to teach the kids. It seems to me people should be offered tax vouchers so we as parents have the option to home school since that is basicly what we are doing anyway. You educators need to start educating! I will continue doing my job so I can pay taxes so you teachers will be getting your paychecks and benes. Please so your job in school so I dont have to come home and do it for you!

Posted July 12, 2004

I think that this school is a good school. it would be better if there wasnt so many students and i could get to class on time. It would be better if the bathrooms didnt smell like smoke all the time. It would be better if we had longer time to get to class with so many students there. I am late a lot to class b/c its hard to travel to and from classroom and lockers. the books are heavy. its a good school b/c we have good teachers who teach well most of them. I think we should get bigger lunches for the money we pay. But i do love that everyone is friendly

Posted May 17, 2004

I was supposed to go to another high school, but now that I have gone to Bunnell High School, I believe it is the best high school one can go to.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

250 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 82% in 2013.

251 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 89% in 2013.

250 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

In 2012-2013 Connecticut used the Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) to test students' skills in reading, writing, science and math in grade 10. The CAPT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Connecticut.

Source: Connecticut Department of Education

Not economically disadvantaged95%
Students without disabilities95%
Proficient in English94%
Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

The different student groups are identified by the Connecticut Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Connecticut Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 34%N/A35%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

One Bulldog Blvd