Posted May 05, 2014
I am beyond pleased with my family's experience at Lordship School. It is a small school and you truly feel that you are a member of a family. The staff is excellent and Ms. Murphy, the principal is incredible. I know my child is being challenged but more importantly is HAPPY! Due to the size of the school, my child is not just a number - she is known and feels important in the school community. The PTA is also amazing and do wonderful things for the school. Seeing the GreatSchools rating is "4 out of 10" does NOT reflect the quality of the staff and the quality of education that my child is receiving. Schools' ratings should not be graded on a few grade's testing results - many other factors should be taken into consideration. I feel lucky to be a part of the Lordship School community and I know my child does as well.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have been no pleased with my experience at Lorship School. My first and second graders have been challenged every step of the way. The teachers, administration and other families all care so much about doing the right thing for our children's future.

Posted April 19, 2014
Our school is definitely a community school, this is why I won't move from our town of Lordship, here in Stratford, Ct. I know the majority of the teachers on a first name basis. There's an open line of communication between teacher and parent at all times. Our principal Ms. Murphy truly cares about all of our kids and how they succeed. We have a large participation of teachers and parents in the PTA.

Posted April 12, 2014
I grew up in Stratford and all three of my children attend Lordship School. Kate Murphy is an amazing Principal. She is dedicated, a great listener, and is driven to provide every student with the education and tools that they need to succeed in school and in life. She has implemented a new behavior program which calls for accountability for bad choices and for recognition for good choices. The staff is amazing. They are creative and resourceful and work together as a team each one helping the other to succeed with their students. We have strong a motivated and hard working PTA Board. We also have strong parent involvement which is getting stronger everyday. The students work hard everyday to learn and exemplify the pillars of character. We have implemented a dress code which creates a great learning environment. We have small class sizes which allow for more one on one teaching. We are now implementing a Mentor program. The past few years have brought exciting enrichment programing to the school including an organic garden program and a whole school partnership with the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. We have new playground equipment and a new sound system for school events.

Lordship School 4

Posted January 16, 2014
Wonderful staff at Lordship School! They really show that they care about your child and the education your child receives!

Posted February 27, 2012
Lordship Elementary is wonderful. Ms. Murphy is the Principal and she is so friendly and inviting. The teachers have so much energy and go above and beyond in their classrooms. Parents are encouraged to get involved in everything from the PTA event planning to classroom assistance. Students enjoy learning from their teachers and their classmates parents and grandparents. It's a warm, safe enviroment which allows students to learn freely. They have specials including Spanish language from Kindergarten. CMT scores are impressive!

Posted February 21, 2012
A real neighborhood school. Great faculty and staff, it is like having your own private school in lordship. Academics is excellent!

Posted November 09, 2011
This school is a hidden gem! My daughter started this year, and we couldn't be happier. The principal and staff are outstanding. The staff acts like a community and welcomes parents to join in it. The cmt scores are terrific. We can't say enough!

Posted January 31, 2011
All five of my children have or are still attending this school. Welove it. The school is old and doesn't have a lot of fancy things but the teachers are dedicated and the front office is great. The best thing about Lordship school is that every teacher gets to know every student nobody gets lost in the shuffle. There is a real focus on literacy my youngest entered kindergarden not reading at all and just read one of the Harry Potter books in the begining of second grade. You can't go wrong in choosing Lordship school.

Posted April 29, 2009
My great grand daughter who I am guardian of is learning a lot at Lordship School. She is in first grade and already reading chapter books to me every night. She is also doing great in math, spelling and science and looks forward to learning every day. The teachers this year have been excellent.

Lordship School
254 Crown St, Stratford, CT  06615
Last modified Lordship School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lordship School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.