Forbes School 4

Posted June 09, 2013
I am proud to be a staff member at this school. My coworkers and I are very hardworking and dedicated to educating each and every child. Our principal is very supportive and caring. It is unfortunate that a few disgruntled parents have used this forum to paint a very wrong picture of our school.

Posted April 03, 2013
The Principal herself is a bully and is quick to label children as such to fit her agenda. I am unsatisfied with the fact that the children don't have spelling words/tests. They are given words to practice at home, but nothing is ever administered in class to keep the words fresh in their little heads. More oriented with making sure non English speaking parents are informed of the on goings at school than anyone else. Very disappointing to see where the school is headed. It desperately needs a new principal and I'm to the point where I don't feel as thought my child is safe there, especially due to how the principal is. Parents please find another school for your children, they deserve the best and this school doesn't even come close.

Posted October 24, 2012
There is huge lack of communication in this Title 1 school. When there is communication, a few times a year, it looks pretty from the outside, but it is full of lies! The principal focuses on programs for non-English speaking children. The school does not have the same curriculum as the rest of the district; (spelling words...who needs them, "they have spellcheck". It is also the only school in the district that does not have a social worker. It does not even have a certified reading consultant; yet non-title 1 schools do. If you are a parent, do your homework, your child will NOT be prepared for middle school, don't be so naive!

Posted October 24, 2012
I am very disappointed with the administration and the way our children and parents and even some teachers are bullied. This school needs to be re-evaluated and have some outside input. Parents that are unable or unwilling to get involved are those that complain when changes need to be made. Parents are your own child's first advocate so speak up for them because no one else will do what is in their best interest. Also having non English speaking parents bused to our children's place of education and being taught on our their time at the tax payers expense is not the way things should be done. I believe those parents should have an opportunity to be taught English but not at school, there are many churches and other venues that offer ESL classes for free.

Forbes School 5

Posted March 28, 2011
My child absolutely loves Forbes school!! I am very impressed with the amount of time and attention the teachers and staff spend in getting to know the children. The principal is amazing and has a warm and caring personality. She takes the time to know her students on a first name basis! They have a large selection of after school activities, and let's not forget about the Forbes flyers!!! What an amazing team! My child loves everything about this school which makes extremely pleased and satisfied!!

Forbes School 2

Posted September 15, 2009
Too much attention is spent on non english speaking children in regular classrooms at this school. I have never seen a larger waste of money then every notice they send being sent to every home in english and spanish. That said their is little to NO parent/school communication. The school website shows it that nothing is listed for activities occuring at the school

Posted October 14, 2008

Forbes School
500 Migeon Ave, Torrington, CT  06790
Last modified Forbes School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forbes School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top