Trumbull, CT

Posted May 20, 2015
St.. Joes is probably thee best school in Connecticut. All the other reviews, while we're probbaly their true feelings, is not how MOST feel at SJ. We all are always there for eschlther, and even the most popular won't be annoyed if someone not in their "group" sits down next to them. Everyone here is genuinely kind, and the academics are second to none. It's easier to make friends here if you get involved. So yes, if u don't get involved you won't FEEL involved and part of everything. SJ is NOT just for white kids, people of any race & color fit in here. SJ is a great place, I go from 7am-probably around 6 everyday after sports. So fun & I reccomebdation it to u!

Posted September 24, 2014
Amazing school! I am surprised by the last two reviews (appear to be from the same person). My child is NOT Caucasian, and is completely comfortable and happy at SJS. The academics are superior, and it is truly a family environment.

St Joseph High School 2

Posted August 08, 2014
I am an incoming freshman. I planned on going to St.Joe's, but then I changed my mind. I'm glad I did, because I shadowed at St.Joe's and wasn't particularly pleased with it. I would've given St.Joe's 1 star, but it's a beautiful school. The school was ok during freshman orientations. They made you feel welcome, except I could already tell that it was going to be clique-y. At one of the orientations, you got to pick your seats. I was glad I already knew people, but others were less fortunate. The school claims they're a family but I feel like many people do not know each other. People at this school only associate with who they choose, and most of them do not give less popular people a chance. Lastly, this school is not diverse at all. I'm sorry to say that you will feel uncomfortable unless you're Caucasian.

St Joseph High School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
I went to this school for my freshman year, and it was the worst year of my life. This school is always boasting about how great it's community is, but they fail to mention that you'll only find friends if you're rich, white, and play sports. Sure, the academics are good, but they failed to make up for the complete alienation I felt the entire time I was there. Needless to say, I have transferred to my town's public school, and I am much happier here.

Posted June 19, 2013
St. Joseph High School is an excellent school. My son graduated from St. Joe's in 2009 well prepared for college. He was accepted to his first choice, Loyola University, Baltimore, MD and graduated May 2013 with philosophy honors. He has been accepted to medschool and is on his way to a career he loves. I liked the fact that they were community minded, have a great sports program, the teachers were good and the guidance department was helpful. We were happy with his experience there overall.

St Joseph High School 1

Posted November 25, 2012
The school is positively bad and I would not recommend it to my own worst enemy! If I cold do it over I would choose Lauralton Hall. My best friend their and had the best time ever. I should of listened to her instead of suffering here for 4 years!

Posted October 22, 2012
St. Joseph High School is a great school! The motto, "as we chose so we become", fits this school perfect. Like anything, the more you are involved in your community, the more you can get out of it. This school offers a competitive academic program, many clubs to chose from, a great sports program and community service. Recently, an academic center was added, not to enhance enrollment but to enhance learning. Its family atmosphere is truly an extension from home.

Posted February 02, 2010
I had 2 both my children go to st.Joes.. It was a great environment for a young adult to succeed. The school does not allow students to be picked on or verbally or physically abused for any reason. The only concern that I had was that my children would be lacking in math and science(curriculum). That was put to rest when my son was accepted into computer engineering program at Univ. of Delaware, and we later found out that he was able to compete. In his junior year of college he was granted a contract to work for GE upon graduation. he is now working in Georgia . My daughter who excelled at St.Joes , went on to receive a Journalism scholarship at Univ. of Richmond. She is now in her 3rd year. She is now a staff writer for local area VA papers. Both children did weel by St Joes.

Posted April 22, 2009
My son is a freshman, and is loving the school. The upperclassmen made him feel welcome, and he had no problems fitting in to this 'family.' He joined cross country & track, and enjoys being part of the teams, and I feel he will be well prepared for the rigors of college when the time comes.

St Joseph High School 4

Posted April 01, 2009
SJHS has a wonderful caring community atmosphere. The school offers a sound college prep education for the first 3 years, with some interesting electives and advanced courses for Juniors and Seniors. The majority of students are very involved in either sports, extra-curricular activities or community service programs. However, the school offers very little in the way of any art or music classes. The technology at the school has improved greatly in the last few years, but still needs improvement. The facilities have also improved, but the building itself could be cleaner. Overall, the Administration is very caring and concerned, however, some of the teachers are very set in their ways and not very forward thinking or innovative.

St Joseph High School