No rating

St Catherine Of Siena School

Private | PK-8 | 240 students

Living in Trumbull

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted January 3, 2011

St. Catherine of Siena School is above all a highly academic school. I have had 2 children graduate from there to further their education at a prepatory school. My children were well prepared for the rigorous work of a prepatory school as they were well taught. I currently have one child at St. Catherine's and have thought about transferring to public because of the cost but realized it is worth any sacrifice to give my child this quality education. It is a small school and has that close knit family feel.

Posted March 6, 2010

As a preschool -- don't hate it, but don't love it either. Not the most nurturing preschool environment..

Posted February 25, 2010

I transferred my children from another Catholic School in the area over to St. Catherine of Siena in Trumbull, Ct. Best decision my husband and I made. My children couldn't be happier. They wouldn't even consider going back to their other catholic school. St. Catherine of Siena has so much more to offer. Academically it is more challenging. It has a strong Principal leadership and the teachers truly care about their students and go above and beyond. Wonderful extracurricular activities for both boys and girls. WE LOVE St. Catherine of Siena School!

Posted August 28, 2009

St. Catherine of Siena is an excellent school that encourages and supports the academic,spiritual, social and emotional growth of all of it's students. The commitment of the teachers is unparalleled. It is a privilege to belong to such a caring community.

Posted March 26, 2009

My kid did not like this school at all. It is very small .And kids not friendly at all.

Posted April 4, 2006

Of all the schools I have ever worked at as a substitute teacher - St. Catherine of Siena is my absolute favorite. The students are bright, kind, respectful, and completely wonderful! The staff goes above and beyond and you can tell that they are genuinely concerned with not only the education of each child, but their overall well-being. I would highly recommend this school to any parent. My fiance and I often discuss our future plans. We definitely want children and we would like to send them to this school. I can't say enough about it!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 23, 2006

St. Catherine of Siena is an excellent school. My kids love it. The discipline is excellent. My kids are so advanced in their learning because of this school. They will have no problem in high school and college because they will be prepared. We now have a beautiful gym, and there are many things the kids can be involved in, whether it is sports or student council, or band. This is a very close-knit school, only one class per grade.

Posted October 31, 2004

I went to St. Catherine's until 6th grade and hated it there. There is a=only around 25 kids in each grade and if you're not able to get along with those people it is not fun. I switched to Hillcrest (I am now currently in THS) and i loved it. It really depends on the kid thats going there.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 25, 2004

Pleased with the discipline in school and friendliness among the diff. grades...believe too much homework is piled on and teachers don't take into account the games and other things the kids participate in....Wish they had a gym ...

Posted September 9, 2003

St.Catherine of Siena is an excellent school. I attended during 1990-1996. I am now 21 years old and attended college I have to say I use more information I learned from Mrs. Schickler than I learned at St.Josephs High School. I plan to send my children there when that time comes.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Bridgeport

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

190 Shelton Road