No rating

Christian Heritage School

Private | K-12 | 460 students

Living in Trumbull

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $350,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,470.

Posted October 13, 2014

My children have gone to this amazing school since Kindergarten. The teachers are challenging, yet supportive. My children love CHS and have made great friends as well. We would never want our kids anywhere else.

Posted October 12, 2014

This school is incredible. I am a current graduating senior here, and its been a great experience. I have met so many great kids, teachers, and faculty. Even the non-teaching staff are friendly and helpful. The science department, particularly Mr. Cote, is top notch. I have made a great many friends here as well. The classes are challenging, yet rewarding. I would definitely recommend that anyone, Christian or not, check it out for a great educational experience.

Posted October 9, 2014

This school obviously has all the things that school needs and above that focuses on the Christ like life of your children. The founder built this school because he wanted to make a place where parents were able to let children to grow naturally into Christ, instead of attaining oppressing and cliche thoughts about God. The best part? You and your friends will grow into Christ together as the years go by.

Posted January 27, 2014

Great atmosphere for advanced learning in a small, dynamic classroom setting while also having deep roots in values. My husband and I cannot imagine sending our kids anywhere else - the test scores, college acceptances and well rounded students coming out of CHS are hard to find at any other school in the area...truly an amazing school to be a part of. I now know why families from as far as New Canaan, Ridgefield, and north of New Haven make the commute to CHS!

Posted January 12, 2014

My kids are currently enrolled in the 6th, 4th and 2nd grades at Christian Heritage School and I can say all of the teachers (my 6th grader has been there since 2nd grade) pour their hearts out onto the students and genuinely care for each and every one. The academics are excellent. The teachers and staff are quick to address any concerns and have always followed through. It is not easy to find a Christian school in the northeast and I can say we were mightily blessed to have found Christian Heritage, which not only met and surpassed our educational expectations, but has exceeded our desires for our children to have a Christian education.

Posted December 9, 2013

We have two children at CHS and have been very pleased with their experience. Like at many private schools in this part of CT, academics at CHS are very rigorous (if this helps to put it in perspective, there are Yale faculty who send their kids to CHS). But what makes the school special is the emphasis on nurturing the students' spiritual and character development. The dedication of the faculty and staff to each child is part of the school's mission to partner with parents to shape the students' hearts and minds to become more Christ-like and help them find their true calling in life. The school offers a wide variety of sports, music/arts clubs and community service programs, as well as really unique and enriching travel opportunities to places all over the world. We are so glad we found this gem of a school!

Posted November 23, 2013

CHS focuses on the whole child. It has a rigorous curriculum, strong atheletics, all based on Christian faith. As a college prepartory school, the opportunities taht the school schools has available is incredible: from global studies to state of the art technology. The small class sizes and dedicated staff make the environment a perfect place for learning.

Posted May 15, 2013

Our oldest daughter began attending Christian Heritage as a kindergartener in 2012 after we were dissatisfied with the public school system in our area. She is now a first grader and loves the school. CHS is fantastic and the faculty is terrific. The head master, Brian Modarelli, has been a welcomed addition to the school. He brings great ideas and has made several changes that are adding a lot of value to the school. Parents are very involved which I think is extremely important in a child s education. Our youngest daughter will begin attending CHS next year and we are very excited (not too excited about the tuition though :) I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a private education.

Posted March 18, 2013

This school is deffinitely a college-preparatory! We have three kids at CHS (two have graduated now) and they all earned top SAT scores and each took 4-5 AP courses. 97% of the students score 3, 4 & 5 of AP tests and over 50% of the Jr. and Sr. class are enrolled in AP courses.

Posted November 25, 2012

Our kids have now been at CHS for two years in elementary and middle school.. We cannot say enough about the quality of the faculty, and the love that they show each of our children. We have lived in many states, and I can definitely say that CHS is the best private, Christian school that we have experienced. If you want your children to be inspired to be better students who love God, then CHS is definitely the school to choose.

Posted August 9, 2012

As a student I loved CHS and had been going there since Kindergarten and it honestly hurts me to say that it is nothing like it use to be. And not in a good way. They fired teachers that were one of there best, got new board/faculty members that are trying to make the school more modernized but at the same time loosing their core values. It's extremely small and as a result extremely "clicking". Even the faculty. Since they all seem to be related and go to the same church they shut out any other parent that is not like that. Same with the kids, since most of the students parents work at the school. Which some say is like "family" but consequently shuts out anyone else. And I will be honest and say that the faculties children that attend the school is favored. But that will be found everywhere. For the cost of the school they don't have nearly enough extra-curricular activities that are satisfactory. The school does not have any field that the teams participate in on campus. The school is really only good for elementary and middle school. It is not college prep and seems to have a small environment that shelters the kids too much. I used to love my school until I grew too old for it

Posted April 5, 2012

This school has helped many students greatly and it often takes a while for students to realize that the school is there to help them. Students that have realized this have become very greatful. There are many kind teachers that are always willing to help with issues that the students may have. Over all this school has been a blessing for many!

Posted February 24, 2012

We are so thankful for Christian Heritage School! Our three children are receiving an education that goes beyond first-rate academics. They are thriving in an environment that teaches development of the whole person to his fullest potential. The academics are challenging, but in addition to that, a sense of community and spiritual growth are also stressed. We ve been very pleased with the faculty over the years. They make themselves available to the students to help them understand a topic covered in the classroom or provide guidance for a life issue. Time and time again, I ve witnessed their loving and patient, yet competent approach to teaching and have learned myself! The goal is to help each young person grow into the adult he/she is meant to be and to live life well and properly focused.

Posted February 21, 2012

Christian Heritage School is an amazing educational institute that has so much to offer. The teachers are approachable and are in constant communication with parents. The Headmaster and Division Leaders (Lower, Middle, and Upper School Principals) are equally as approachable! I have 2 children attending CHS and I myself attended CHS from K-12. I would not send my children anywhere else, as long as Iive in this area. The quality of the education is top-notch. I find that what our students are doing in their current grade level is comparable to what students in the public schools are doing at the next grade level. Therefore CHS's academic program is ahead of its time. The class sizes are optimal for learning, and teachers are willing and available for extra support when necessary. It is a Christ-centered school where your child is prayed for on a daily basis, and all activities are Christ-centered. The fine arts program and sports programs are highly developed, and there are many opportunities for students to be involved! It is a wonderful loving environment and I am thrilled my children are able to attend CHS!

Posted February 18, 2012

I am from China and I am an international student at CHS. To me, CHS is a great school, the teachers are very helpful and nice. The school focuses on the academics a lot and in the meanwhile it nurtures the spiritual growth for each individual. I like this school a lot and I especially thankful for all the teachers and administrators! May God bless CHS

Posted December 30, 2011

What college preparatory school lays off their Director of Guidance? As a parent I have seen this school thrive many years ago; however, recent administration has seriously hurt the integrity and mission of this once stelar institution.

Posted May 22, 2011

We've had a lot of issues with personality clashes in my son's grade. The staff all seem to know each other outside of school and it is a closed group uness you go to the church they all seem to go to. Many teachers attended this school growing up. The academics have been easier than the public school when I compare to homework of my neighbor's children. Lots of typos on school memos. There are limited programs for children struggling in reading and math. There are few after school programs--wish they'd offer scouting or some way the children could connect outside of school. The children come from such diverse towns--so playdates are a stretch unless you live in Trumbull or Shelton and this has been hard for my son to have nothing to do after school without great effort on my part. This school is quite expensive for what is offered. Public schools offer much more. After 2nd grade many children who transfer in seem to be kids who struggled a bit in the public school or parents very fearful. There seem to be a lot of overly-coddled children here. Studying the Bible and prayer are the biggest positives. There are a lot of frustrated parents here but hard to switch after you start.

Posted December 13, 2010

We are so happy to have our children at CHS. Our children are challenged academically, and have loving, caring teachers. It is a true community of teachers, parents, and administration working together for the good or our children.

Posted July 16, 2010

We love it...the teachers take time to include the parent in the child's education, invite parent participation, support good learning practices and they integrate great values of faith into the classroom. I will keep my daughter here...better education can't be found.

Posted December 12, 2009

Kindergarten program is high quality. My kids feel so nutured and have an excllent program with the teachers and teacher aides. Small classes, vibrant program, full or half-day. Thank you CHS!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (203) 452-1531

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious